Hardware WiFi adapter goes offline at night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redgun71

DW Regular ++
Reaction score
Since I replaced my HD with a SSD 2 weeks ago on my HP Win 10 laptop, my (Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn) Wi-Fi Adapter goes offline/no connectivity almost every night, before that it was once in a blue moon which I assume was to do with my Virgin DHCP lease expired and taking it's time to renew (usually a couple of hours).
During the day, I turn on my laptop and the WiFi adapter is there but between 10pm to midnight and afterwards the WiFi connectivity goes offline/WiFi adapter goes missing.
My WiFi adapter does not show up in CMD (ipconfig) but does show up in Settings/Network Status/view hardware and connection properties as Not present and IPv4/IPv6 disconnected.
Any suggestions what the problem can be/how I can fix this?

check the option on the device settings of your adapter and thick the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"
Already suggested earlier in the thread...but thanks for trying to help

Is this still an issue then mate? Have you tried going rolling back to the original driver? If so, have you tried updating all your firmware ie BIOS?

Another option would be to purchase a USB dongle for wifi which you can pick up for about a fiver...disable the current wifi device in device manager and plug in the USB dongle.

Keep us posted.

No issue, the WiFi connection has been stable for over a month now.
The only problem that I still have is the fan (cleaned out when I open the laptop to install the SSD) which get noisy every now and again.

You should be able to buy a new fan for under a tenner and they are normally pretty straight forward to change over.
Glad your wi-fi is sorted. Strange it was only happening at night and ok through the day. Must have been an update that has sorted it.

I would also try setting a static IP Address and use OPEN DNS server in case someone is pinging your IP at night time with malicious intent. I have had a few customers that this solved the issue for OPEN DNS ended up filtering out a attack that was coming through their IPS.

You should be able to buy a new fan for under a tenner and they are normally pretty straight forward to change over.
Glad your wi-fi is sorted. Strange it was only happening at night and ok through the day. Must have been an update that has sorted it.
I fitted a new fan and the laptop still makes noises, there wasn't much dirt/dust on the previous fan, the noise is intermittent.

I would also try setting a static IP Address and use OPEN DNS server in case someone is pinging your IP at night time with malicious intent. I have had a few customers that this solved the issue for OPEN DNS ended up filtering out a attack that was coming through their IPS.
No problems for almost 2 months, no problem with phones or another laptops so not bother to make any changes.

Not read everything here, but I find TalkTalk tend to do a hard reset of their servers/gateways at about 2 am...I tend to drop connection for a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back