mgcam nagra 2 ireland

guys, joining the conversation late.

Initial posts are stating that the loss of channels is not becasue of change o Nagra 3 encryption, but just some change to Nagra 2, with a fix availble.

Is this still the case, or was that proven to be false?

I'm based in Dublin and lost all sports and movies channels now.

PS Is it coincidental that I get a letter thru' the door offering me a discounted return to UPC digital package, including a free PVR, for less that I'm currently paying for the analogue package.

The required information for n2 is in the kyrptview image. I cannot open it myself. But can someone with a kyrptview box not get the info we need from the box once the image is loaded on to it.

p.s. Rat I did say someone who knows what they are doing. I'm not as good at this stuff as a lot of people on this forum.

dont you think the makers of the firmware for the kryptview would allow it to be viewed by prying eyes lol i think not im almost sure there will be a form of encryption protecting this so think wisely before someone try to reverse engineer this firmware

dont you think the makers of the firmware for the kryptview would allow it to be viewed by prying eyes lol i think not im almost sure there will be a form of encryption protecting this so think wisely before someone try to reverse engineer this firmware

Dont see why they feel that way as every time cydine had to fix the roms for dbox and dreambox he was willing to share unless it was leaked before he got that far,
And i am not impling that they used the fixed roms as i dont know what way there software works.

dont you think the makers of the firmware for the kryptview would allow it to be viewed by prying eyes lol i think not im almost sure there will be a of encryption protecting this so think wisely before someone try to reverse engineer this firmware

Now hang on a minute this is a dreambox thread, and I own a dreambox. I can access all information about a given image through my dreambox menu. Keys-roms etc......

I assumed it was the same on a kyrptview. We are all learning here!!!!!

Now hang on a minute this is a dreambox thread, and I own a dreambox. I can access all information about a given image through my dreambox menu. Keys-roms etc......

I assumed it was the same on a kyrptview. We are all learning here!!!!!

ahh! kryptview closed source software etc.

Cheers DD. I understand now.

ag well guys we will just have to wait and hope someone comes up with a fix thanks to all who replied some day i mite understand it all

One thing to bear in mind is _if_ you find a public set of N2 keys for this use (or tell us how you'd glitch a 110-A07 ;), you're looking at getting a few more months out of it all with current EMUs (before a wholesale switch is done to N3). It's not necessarily worth getting that excited about.

As of yet, all N3 info is sparse. A few tidbits are leaking out, but anything public is more straight analytical thus far, than applicable towards practical usage.

One thing to bear in mind is _if_ you find a public set of N2 keys for this use (or tell us how you'd glitch a 110-A07 ;), you're looking at getting a few more months out of it all with current EMUs (before a wholesale switch is done to N3). It's not necessarily worth getting that excited about.

As of yet, all N3 info is sparse. A few tidbits are leaking out, but anything public is more straight analytical thus far, than applicable towards practical usage.

yeah, but a few months with something is a lot better than a few months with nothing
:Dunce:

@martin12: did you pull any logs from mgcamd?

I'll load this up tonight and grab logs if you can't manage.

[ot for this section, sorry :(]
Tried it on a dbox/laky sylas image, but it's compiled for a different glibc.

I don't think the provider keys are correct anyway.

for the bit thick, can you detail the steps to follow:

the .key files go into var/keys directory.

the other her file (mgcamd.ppc_old), same folder?

download mgcamd (1.31) and Mgcamd config (1.31) using blue button.

Reboot DM600 and go to e.g. SK* sports to see if clears?​

Any missing steps?

Tried the above, but didn't work :(

Cheers.

Last edited:
Back