mgcam nagra 2 ireland

Suprised no one has been able to give a definitive answer as to whether or not this is working. Judging by the overwhelming silence I guess not !

It looks more like the majority of the blokes are not able to replace 2 keyfiles and reboot the box.

another possibility

All of the N2 stuff I saw on the sat scene had provider specific hacks in.

Since A07 etc. seem to be a custom revision for UPC it is very likey they changed something, only needs to be something minor to break ECM decryption to prevent mgcam etc. from showing a picture even if the correct keys are applied.

So those keys could possibly be correct and the softcam can still be broken.

another possibility

All of the N2 stuff I saw on the sat scene had provider specific hacks in.

Since A07 etc. seem to be a custom revision for UPC it is very likey they changed something, only needs to be something minor to break ECM decryption to prevent mgcam etc. from showing a picture even if the correct keys are applied.

So those keys could possibly be correct and the softcam can still be broken.

I'm intrigued by this reply...........

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm intrigued by this reply............

I would guess so ... either that or a secret N3 hack.

Nowt to be intriugued by tho ... was just an observation that different providers on the satellite scene have taken different routes eg ACx / A0x, and various other N2 revisions like ROM120, ROMS0x etc. and no other provider used ROM110 A05..A07 so we don't know what changes have been made via bugcatchers. If I were supplying N2 to different providers I'd change each providers version to prevent off the shelf soltutions so a hack for one provider will not open another with just a change of keys.

Last edited:
Very true, just by examining the Rom110 Rom dumps that you can find for the Spanish providers you can see that multiple different encryption possibilities are incorporated into the code. RSA, DES, AES, IDEA, MDC etc. They're all there, just waiting to be activated by a bugcatcher linking them into whatever encryption scheme the individual provider requires.

From Rom10/11's 24k of Rom code the Rom110 jumps to 124k. Thats an awful lot of extra codespace to fill !

To know the algorithms someone needs to dump the UPC Ireland card and then fathom out what it does. Dumping will also, of course, give you the keys to enable the algorithms to be emulated elsewhere.

Just copying the keys may not (obviously hasn't in this case) get you very far.

Last edited:
Just copying the keys may not (obviously hasn't in this case) get you very far.
I thought you only needed the keys & a cam that handled Nagra to clear the channels. If you wanted to AU you then needed the roms & keysets?
What did they change to stop this?

just noticed the last 3 posts have been edited you lads know something we lesser mortals dont?: spank :
now that makes 4:Hit:

Last edited:
I thought you only needed the keys & a cam that handled Nagra to clear the channels. If you wanted to AU you then needed the roms & keysets?
What did they change to stop this?

The thing that changes is that the available Softcams dont emulate the new systems very well. They tend to do the bare minimum necessary to get a picture for their intended audience. When the provider tweaks something then the cams are tweaked in response so its always a catch-up job.

The new Roms, as I said above, are massive in comparison to the old Rom10/11 cards. The different options that can be switched in or out virtually at the providers whim is astounding !

Take a look at some of the other providers that are using the so-called N2 system. Look at the encryption they use. You'll probably find quite a selection of different schemes in use. Softcams will often of been modifed by somebody for a particular scheme but that softcam will likely be useless for any other provider.

Last edited:
Guys can someone who knows what they are doing not just extract the new kyrptview image and use the keys from that. As far as I was aware the keys where the most important thing we where missing at the moment.

I am running a dreambox and a dvb-c card using yankse to decrypt channels.

I have all the required roms all I need are the keys.

Surely the kyrptview image can be opened to see what they are.

why does it always have to be "someone else"

try and open the KV image ;)

I dont think Yankse handles N2 encryption and I doubt you have the N2 EEprom dumps necessary for emulation. If you do then you already have the keys !

This isn't just a key change. Its a whole encryption system change !

Guys can someone who knows what they are doing not just extract the new kyrptview image and use the keys from that. As far as I was aware the keys where the most important thing we where missing at the moment.

Surely the kyrptview image can be opened to see what they are.

Given the support the kryptview has,its doubtful the image will open that easy.

Even if we get a fix it will only be short term if N3 is looming.

Movies and sports are gone now btw :(

As far as I was aware the keys where the most important thing we where missing at the moment.

the keys are in the softcam.key file M8 have you copied them over?

The required information for n2 is in the kyrptview image. I cannot open it myself. But can someone with a kyrptview box not get the info we need from the box once the image is loaded on to it.

p.s. Rat I did say someone who knows what they are doing. I'm not as good at this stuff as a lot of people on this forum.

Last edited:
The required information for n2 is in the kyrptview image. I cannot open it myself. But can someone with a kyrptview box not get the info we need from the box once the image is loaded on to it.

p.s. Rat I did say someone who knows what they are doing. I'm not as good at this stuff as a lot of people on this forum.

Think there is some confusion here,the rqd info aint gonna be available from the eng menu on a kryptview.
Also who ever compiles the firmware aint gonna leave a key in the door should someone wanna snoop in the firmware.

The thing that changes is that the available Softcams dont emulate the new systems very well. They tend to do the bare minimum necessary to get a picture for their intended audience. When the provider tweaks something then the cams are tweaked in response so its always a catch-up job.
M8 if I had teachers in school like you I would have this stuff cracked.:grayno:

Would attached Nagravision cam work with nagra3:

Back