Metal Gear Solid 4

press start and go to the weapons screen - you only have so many usable slots to keep weapons in.

Once you have one in there, you the R2 button to go through the menu. If you are speaking to Drebin, then you should have the Operator by this point (silenced pistol).

Can someone please give me some advice on the outer heaven stage, one with the ship. I am struggling to get this level done, I am constantly getting spotted by guards, and the alert never goes away. I can deal with the guards, but am getting constantly attacked by the geckos. Help please!

yeah, thats practically the end. There is no way to sneak through this mission. You need to fight your way to the hatch at the end. You can hide from the gekkos and tranquilise their legs to get past them.

After that you need to open the hatch and you virtually there.

I dont know, I aint completed it yet. Its the ship ocelot is on. The one you get catapulted onto. Then an instant alert goes up.

Right ignore that, got off that bit, but how the hell do you kill screaming mantis. What a bitch. I have knocked all guards out, and Meryl, but still aint got a clue of what to do after that, guessing something to do with the syringe, and meryl, but tried all ways to administer it, and cannot. HELP!

I must be shit at this game. lol.

*****spoiler******

This is the way i did it mate.mmediately use the syringe on yourself. Now see the two dolls in her hand, you have to shoot the blue doll in her possession and this will release her grip on you permanently(they are like voodoo dolls), then pick it up. Then go for the red doll, doing the same and when she drops it pick it up. Once you have the red doll, equip it and aim it at her then shake the sixaxis like hell to fire at her, do this a few time and hit her and she will die. While doing this Meryl will keep coming at you so just knock her out by either using V-Ring shotgun rounds(the air ones) or grab her using a CQC attack then use the syringe on her, this will knock her out but only temporarily. If you get the blue doll(i think you can do the level without getting it) you can use it to control dead bodies, never tried it myself though i might later on. :Clap:
Your not shit at the game this is probably the most annoying boss lol

This is the way i did it mate.mmediately use the syringe on yourself. Now see the two dolls in her hand, you have to shoot the blue doll in her possession and this will release her grip on you permanently(they are like voodoo dolls), then pick it up. Then go for the red doll, doing the same and when she drops it pick it up. Once you have the red doll, equip it and aim it at her then shake the sixaxis like hell to fire at her, do this a few time and hit her and she will die. While doing this Meryl will keep coming at you so just knock her out by either using V-Ring shotgun rounds(the air ones) or grab her using a CQC attack then use the syringe on her, this will knock her out but only temporarily. If you get the blue doll(i think you can do the level without getting it) you can use it to control dead bodies, never tried it myself though i might later on. :Clap:
Your not shit at the game this is probably the most annoying boss lol

You have to shoot the dolls? How do I use the syringe on myself?? And also when I aim at screaming mantis, the bitch keeps moving my crosshairs. I cant even see the dolls properly. lol. What gun should I be using. As for meryl and that, I just knocked all of them out and was just left with mantis, but aint got a clue. Ok, will try shooting these doll things......

Go to equip the syringe and it will tell you what to press, it circle i think off the top of me head. Once you have done this she wont be moving your cross-hairs, so you will be able to aim no problem, she will be able to move them again after a while so just use the syringe again if needed. Once you can aim go for the blue doll first as this will stop her being able to move your cross-hairs full stop once you have it. As for the gun i can remember what i used but it was a mix of the M4, a sniper lol and a few others. Once you can aim straight if your quick you could use the sniper. When you hit a doll you will see the strings its held by will start to break, eventually they all will. Once you get the blue one do the same for the red doll then follow as above.

make sure you dont shoot meryl too much, if you have to - tranq her with the 22 or the moisin nagant

make sure you dont shoot meryl too much, if you have to - tranq her with the 22 or the moisin nagant

I knocked her out permantly. I knocked out all the guards, but I couldnt work out what to do after that. I was trying to use the syringe on meryl. lol. Nice one robc11, will give your advice a whirl.

i dont rate this game at all

fair dos the graphics are good but the story is far to far fetched and teh amount of cut scenes are unbelieveable and waste the game imo

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i dont rate this game at all

fair dos the graphics are good but the story is far to far fetched and teh amount of cut scenes are unbelieveable and waste the game imo

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

its all new 2 me.... but it looks just as good as the 360..?....

its all new 2 me.... but it looks just as good as the 360..?....
Well, Kojima said this game would never be able to work on the 360, and I kind of agree with him after playing it through. The 360 is a fine console, but I am unsure if it would have been capable of all this in one go.

Janobi, you need to use the syringe on yourself and then snipe the dolls from Screaming Mantis. Once they drop you need to leg it over and pick them up. You need the red one to beat her, the blue one doesnt really do much for you. She is a complete pain in the ass to beat, but once you do you are literally 10 mins from the end (minus cutscenes).

I killed that bitch. ha ha. Thanks lads. Think I have finished it now, but not sure. Got a few cut scenes to watch I suppose. What a game though. Amazing.

i dont think you can fail that bit tbh, after screaming mantis you have essentially beaten the game.

The 190 minute ending is a bit much though.

Back