Metal Gear Solid 4

Where the rule saying no spoilers ?

Stop being so slow you shoudl have compleated by now and i didnt give too much away.

How about, you toddle off and play something else. We dont want spoilers at all. Common sense really.

do the cut scenes not get on you guys tits,had the game on 2 hours played for all of 20 mins,wtf,it does look nice tho-shame about the game,or lack of

reminds me of the old mega cd games where you just got to press a button once in a while

Yeah i agree they do add something, but the pure amount get a bit annoying. Also having to press start and go to skip rather than just press a button is a bit annoying too.

I always found the cutscenes quite good in all of the games.

It beats the equivalent in Metal Gear 1 & 2, which were all tet based.

Well i have done act 2 now, and this game just gets better and better. Although I dont understand the bit about Jack. I wont say no more Karmy, but if you could explain about Jack that would be cool mate.

Really looking forward to playing this right the way through, and again. Can someone let me know how to snap peoples necks and such??

I havent been able to play muchy since I got it unfortunately. There are building works going on very close to me, as a result the power keeps going - which is annoying.

As soon as I get into it I will try and give an explanation.

Wait, Jack is the real name for Raiden I think? He was the main character from MGS2.

Yes mate, I used his real name, not to give to much away. You will understand when you complete act 2 mate. I will wait for you to complete it mate, then you can explain it to me. lol.

well i finished the game, and i must say i love it all, hope they bring another out? very good thats all im going to say, dont want spoil it for you's :)
p.s
online game is good aswel

Last edited:
i think this is the last MGS game is it not?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

allegedly, but Kojima isnt saying right now.

One minute he says its the last, the next he says there is a future. Personally, I dont think he will do another himself. He is already talking about continuing Zone of the Enders and (even better) Snatcher.

Ryan whoever said that this is the last MGS game featuring snake. They may bring out prequals with big boss or even the boss. I cannot see how kojima can let this franchise go, it is probably the best game series ever.

snake is just a codename, so the name could go on.

From the stuff I have been reading about this, I dont think Kojima will do another MGS game for a while yet, he may just carry on with some other projects like Zone of the Enders.

I think prequels with Big Boss are out of the question, it has already been done in MGS3 and MGS Portable Ops. A prequel with The Boss would need to be set in WW2, this is where she becomes lethal.

IMO, I think the MGS franchise may have come to an end, but I dont think it will be the last Metal Gear game.

snake is just a codename, so the name could go on.

From the stuff I have been reading about this, I dont think Kojima will do another MGS game for a while yet, he may just carry on with some other projects like Zone of the Enders.

I think prequels with Big Boss are out of the question, it has already been done in MGS3 and MGS Portable Ops. A prequel with The Boss would need to be set in WW2, this is where she becomes lethal.

IMO, I think the MGS franchise may have come to an end, but I dont think it will be the last Metal Gear game.

This was the article I was talking about Karmy mate.

Speaking recently, Ryan Payton revealed that Metal Gear Solid 5 could be a prequel. Payton mentioned there is still a lot of room for filling gaps as far as the boss is concerned, but MGS 4 is really the final chapter in the Solid Snake story that's all.

quote:

When Metal Gear Solid 3 was announced as a prequel to Solid Snake's adventures, many fans of the series expressed disappointment that the main narrative would not be continued or completed in that game. Now with Metal Gear Solid 4 tightly wrapping up all the loose ends of the saga, prequels may be the only way for Konami to continue fleshing out that same epic narrative.

Speaking in an interview with 1UP a week before the game's release, MGS4 assistant producer Ryan Payton said there is "still a lot of room for filling in the gaps as far as Big Boss is concerned." When asked about the possibility of a Metal Gear Solid 5, Payton responded, "There are some misunderstandings that this is the final Metal Gear game. But it's really the final chapter of the Solid Snake story. That's all."

"I'm happy we could wrap up Snake's story in MGS4," Payton stated earlier in the interview, continuing, "because it gets to the point where if we continue on with Metal Gear Solid 5 with more Solid Snake adventures, we'll get to the point where the game has absolutely no basis in reality. I do like the idea that this character has had four or five big missions and then that's when it ended, rather than have 20 missions where there's no chance in hell a secret agent could ever survive. He's had four or five really big missions, and that seems a little more realistic to me."

News Source: 1UP

well, he has six to be precise...

I dont know if I like the idea of another prequel tbh. MGS3 was great, but you wouldnt really have known it was in the 60's unless you were told.

After that, we know that Big Boss goes bad - so it would need to be a great story to make, kind of like the prequel Star Wars films where we all knew Anakin would go to the dark side.

well, he has six to be precise...

I dont know if I like the idea of another prequel tbh. MGS3 was great, but you wouldnt really have known it was in the 60's unless you were told.

After that, we know that Big Boss goes bad - so it would need to be a great story to make, kind of like the prequel Star Wars films where we all knew Anakin would go to the dark side.

I guess it would cover how big boss became evil and setup outer heaven. If it means another mgs then I dont care what the story is about. Personally dont like MGS Portable ops, as its to different from the originals. As long as they stick to the formula that works, then I hope there are many more prequals.

I quite liked protable ops, found it quite engaging.

I would like to see an MGS set in the future, with a very complex storyline linking it back to the ones we all know and love..

Back