Metal Gear Solid 4

all you guys should work in sales for Konami lol

I'm so tempted now

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

you can pick up MGS2 & 3 very cheaply second hand.

I am not sure if MGS1 is on the PSN, if it is get it. If you have a Wii, get MGS: The Twin Snakes, this was the GC remake of MGS1 with better graphics etc.

Going to get mine sometime today. Can remember seeing it run in Japan and just thinking, thats what I want a PS3 for. This game will shift the PS3 big time.

This game wont come to xbox, but I belive Kojima is working on something for the 360. He also said that this game was too big for blu-ray, and would of preferred something 3 times as big. Just goes to show the vision this guy has, has to be the greatest game developer ever.

:FRIGHT:Shite, played on it last night got up to the part where you meet a familiar woman (don't want to be a spoiler lol) I quit the game thinking that it auto saves lmao but oh no, now im back to the first save. Oh well more time to kill. :banana:

Well ive played all my games possible in the Euro comp,except one, only three of us have actually signed up to league B, dunno where the other two are: shocked2

well see until u get that 1 game played i think you should send MGS 4 to me just so your not tempted to play it instead of FIFA lol mate

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

got mine aswell gonna start playing it today
got it from blockbuster for £35
bargain
bobo

must say love it, 6 hours of game play up to now, still getting used to the buttons tho, its just a shame its the last one :( as iv'e done all the rest. its a defo must buy if you like this kind of game.

Right people need someone to tell me some stuff about mgs4 as I aint played 3, and dont really understand who some of the people are. Ok, just met Vamp and Liquid Ocelot. Wtf is liquid ocelot. What happened to liquid snake? Or liquidious snake. Is Ocelot Snakes brother too? Basically I want a run down of the story in 3, and what happened, and why, and mainly who the hell is liquid ocelot.

Right people need someone to tell me some stuff about mgs4 as I aint played 3, and dont really understand who some of the people are. Ok, just met Vamp and Liquid Ocelot. Wtf is liquid ocelot. What happened to liquid snake? Or liquidious snake. Is Ocelot Snakes brother too? Basically I want a run down of the story in 3, and what happened, and why, and mainly who the hell is liquid ocelot.
Liquid Oclelot is the result of Revolver Ocelot using Liquid Snakes arm in a transplant after the events of MGS1 - Grey Fox chopped off his arm in a scrap. Liquid died at the end of MGS1, built in kill switch, I think Solid Snake also came close to dying of the same thing. The only one to survive was Solidus without the cure.

Vamp is just a weirdo who seems to be undead, in MGS2 he could run on water and hold his breath for ages.

The events of MGS3 take place in the 60's, and just show you how Big Boss came to be, and the roots of the super soldier experiment. MGS2 is the direct prequel to MGS4 I think.

Liquid Oclelot is the result of Revolver Ocelot using Liquid Snakes arm in a transplant after the events of MGS1 - Grey Fox chopped off his arm in a scrap. Liquid died at the end of MGS1, built in kill switch, I think Solid Snake also came close to dying of the same thing. The only one to survive was Solidus without the cure.

Vamp is just a weirdo who seems to be undead, in MGS2 he could run on water and hold his breath for ages.

The events of MGS3 take place in the 60's, and just show you how Big Boss came to be, and the roots of the super soldier experiment. MGS2 is the direct prequel to MGS4 I think.

How did Liquid ocelot get liquid snakes arm? Solidius is the boss from 2nd game right. So hes still alive? Also, Is liquid ocelot just revolver ocelot with liquid snakes arm, that has somehow made his something to do with big boss?

So MGS3 has nothing to do with 4. Also how did big boss come to be? Cheers mate. lol. Or if there is some short story or video I could watch if that would be easier. Nice one chaps.

How did Liquid ocelot get liquid snakes arm? Solidius is the boss from 2nd game right. So hes still alive? Also, Is liquid ocelot just revolver ocelot with liquid snakes arm, that has somehow made his something to do with big boss?

So MGS3 has nothing to do with 4. Also how did big boss come to be? Cheers mate. lol. Or if there is some short story or video I could watch if that would be easier. Nice one chaps.
Its better to play the games ;)

Ok, this shouldnt be a spoiler at all as it comes from the sequels.

Big Boss was the code name for the Boss's first student. He appeared in MGS3, his code name was Naked Snake (I think it changed to Solid, but cant remember). He was sent into the Russian jungle to retrieve a scientist or something, working on a project for a rocket propelled tank that could launch Nuclear missiles.

At the start of the game, you learn that the Boss and her team are there to support Naked, but pretty soon after, she double crosses the good guys and takes her team over to the Russian side. Naked is sent back in to take her out, save the scientist and retrieve a bomb or something. Along the way Naked is challenged by the Boss's team mates, who you have to kill (the sniper battle is amazing). You also come into contact with a Russian officer who is gifted with pistols, Naked beats him a few times and says he should use a single action army revolver - this guy grows up to be Revolver Ocelot.

The rest of the game goes on, some really good bits. Basically you end up fighting the Russian nutter at the end in his rocket propelled tank and winning. The very final fight is with the Boss, she has been taunting Naked all the way through the game as he cant beat her. The last fight is v tricky, but you essentially need to beat her. Once this is done, she dies and you get to escape to Alaska with some chick. As the Boss dies, she tells Naked that his new codename is Big Boss, as he beat her.

As Big Boss is escaping, Ocelot turns up to try and kill him, by this time you have learned that he is the Boss's son - his father was part of the Boss's team and was a phsycic medium who could manipulate the dead. Everyone ends up being friends in the end. Ocelot and the Big Boss have a hug.

The very end I cant remember, I think the girl that Big Boss saves double crosses him at the end, walking off with the conceptual plans for Metal Gear, someone else can clear that up.

Now, in MGS1, Grey Fox (the protagonist from Metal Gear) cuts off Ocelots arm to stop him from shooting someone. Ocelot was the only one to escape from Liquid Snakes team alive. In MGS2, you see him with his new arm, courtesy of Liquid Snake, as he takes over a ship in the US that has a Metal Gear Rex on board. The first chapter see Ocelot get posessed by the spirit of Liquid Snake, he uses the term "welcome back, brother" or something, in an english accent (Liquid Snake was given to the UK).

After this, Raiden is your man as you save the day - in which you see all the new freaks - as you try to destroy all the Metal Gear Rexs. There is a huge Metal Gear at the end, cant remember what it is called. Right at the end, Raiden faces Solidus, the last of the Enfants Terribles (I think thats what they called Solid, Liquid and Solidus). Raiden kills Solidus and thats that.

Some other bits that turn up during the three games:

Solid Snake, Liquid Snake and Solidus are all clones of the Big Boss and cannot reproduce. Only the Big Boss ever pulled and could do something about it.

The only good clone was Liquid Snake, Solid and Solidus were flawed, I think FOXDIE worked really well on them, however Liquid needed his assed kicked, shot, run over and then a Metal Gear to explode before he died - its also why Solid Snake has aged so much by the time of MGS4.

The annoying prpfessor guy who helps Solid, his dad was in MGS3 - he developed Metal Gear, and his sister perfected Metal Gear Rex.

Ok, I completed the first 2, so know the story there. So big boss was a woman originally? And she trained naked snake to become big boss. Naked had a son who was revolver ocelot.

Ok the enfants terrible are solid, liquid and solidius. So Ocelot is the son of the original boss? So how is ocelot snakes brother? Im lost again now. lol.

Last edited:
Ok, I completed the first 2, so know the story there. So big boss was a woman originally? And she trained naked snake to become big boss. Naked had a son who was revolver ocelot.

Ok the enfants terrible are solid, liquid and solidius. So Ocelot is the son of the original boss? So how is ocelot snakes brother? Im lost again now. lol.
Sorry, I wasnt clear, The Boss was Big Boss's teacher. The Big Boss was the genetic donor for Les Enfants Teribles.

Ocelots parents were The Boss and a phsycic medium, I think his name was The Sorrow - he helps Naked Snake in MGS3.

After deafeating the Boss, Naked Snake is given the codename Big Boss, which he uses through the 70's as an active agent and in the 80's as the leader of FOXHOUND. He also creates Outer Heaven, the setting for the orignial games, where he becomes the bad guy.

So the original boss was a woman. Never knew that. lol. I read the books as a child, all about outer heaven and that, when it was out on the msx console. Didnt realise back then, that I would be asking questions about that now. lol

Thanks for the info karmy, if you got anymore without spoilers keep it coming mate.

I think thats pretty much it tbh. Short of Grey Fox returning (which would be hard, as Liquid squashed him in MGS1 with Metal Gear Rex).

There are always plenty of twists and turns in MGS games, which makes me think that this probably will not be the last one at all.

At the end of the new game you see snake well you know if you compleated it but then later on you see him talking again - Does this mean he didnt accully pull the trigger?

Where the rule saying no spoilers ?

Stop being so slow you shoudl have compleated by now and i didnt give too much away.

Back