Metal Gear Solid 4

I quite liked protable ops, found it quite engaging.

I would like to see an MGS set in the future, with a very complex storyline linking it back to the ones we all know and love..

How though, as we know Snake cannot reproduce. So I dont see how they could make one of the future.

Solid Snake can't no, but Ocelot?

Plus, the Snakes were just clones of the Big Boss in the 70's, they could do the same again?

Solid Snake can't no, but Ocelot?

Plus, the Snakes were just clones of the Big Boss in the 70's, they could do the same again?

Not sure about ocelot mate. But clone idea sounds a good one. But I think it will be a prequel of solid.

have just finished, started 5am monday. i have to say the entire film was completely boring and ridiculously long, it frequently came close to ruining the game. i'm gonna qive it another whirl without the vids b4 trying it online.

btw my rating was eagle for racking up headshots :)

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Finished MGS4 last night. Racked up just over 24hrs play time. Man this game was excellent.

Here's my thought - is this really a game or a movie? Or is it something that sites in teh middle. only once did I think "man I wish this cutscene will end (It's one featuring Rose near the end - that won;t be a spoiler!). I must also say that at times this game invokoe some real emotions in me - something games have never really done.

The game is so well made and is the pinnacle of game production - regardless of if you think the game is good or the story is crap etc... This game is made VERY well, better than pretty much any other - and that crown was beign worn by GTA4.

So please fence sitters - pcik it up - stick with it into and through Act 2 and you will see what I mean. Yes there where frustrating elements and at points I was yelling at some of the clanky mechanics but the whole package was superb.

Best game this year (yes even better than GTA4 which I love!)
Best movie I have seen this year!

Oh yeah, there is a part (in act 3 I think) where you see some cars and bikes being started up and driven away - I deny ANYONE not to enjoy this sequence and think that your watching some high production holywood blockbuster - soooo well shot!

Cheers all,

Moose

Oh and I got Eagle also ;O) As well as Snake, pig and about 3 others I forget :)

Oh yeah, there is a part (in act 3 I think) where you see some cars and bikes being started up and driven away - I deny ANYONE not to enjoy this sequence and think that your watching some high production holywood blockbuster - soooo well shot!

i aint completed it yet. but i got the end of the level u are talking about last night. this level is amazing, very intense to play. i cant wait to have another go at this one on my next play through, which i plan on doing. which is very unusual, only other games i have played through a couple of times in the current generation are Gears of War and Uncharted

i aint completed it yet. but i got the end of the level u are talking about last night. this level is amazing, very intense to play. i cant wait to have another go at this one on my next play through, which i plan on doing. which is very unusual, only other games i have played through a couple of times in the current generation are Gears of War and Uncharted

I think I have completed that level, and it is a cinematic experience to say the least. Awesome game.

I think I have completed that level, and it is a cinematic experience to say the least. Awesome game.

yes it was. im looking forward to some more in the levels i aint got to yet. the one earlier than the bike one, the one your on top of drebbins car, i thought that was amazing when i seen it, but the bike level just blows me away

I've just rented this from Blockbuster, never played any of the metal gear stuff before. Have to say the graphics are stunning.
Have no idea what im meant to be doing tho, so any tips.
I took out everyone who came in my path at the start isn't the best tactic to use as you don't get that far lol, playing cod4 doesn't help i guess with this type of game.
I just wanna know whats it about, do you total stay away from soldiers and take the odd one out now and again till you reach your target area.
How do you use the controls to knock someone out?
How do you total blend into the envoirment so they can't see you. As I have tried to do this by going upto a wall then pressing the triange button i change colour but they can still see me.

Its a stealth game, so you dont want to kill everything - you need to evade capture. It takes some patience.

If you want the camo to work, just lie on the ground or get close to the wall. It will not make you 100% invisible, but will decrease the chance that you get spotted.

To knock someone out, you can use a blue weapon, or choke them with the R1 button.

creep up behind them, and press the R1 button to grab them. Keep it held and you will have them.

The other buttons, square, circle and triangle all do stuff from breaking necks, pulling out your gun to use the person as a humn shield and knocking them out.

creep up behind them, and press the R1 button to grab them. Keep it held and you will have them.

The other buttons, square, circle and triangle all do stuff from breaking necks, pulling out your gun to use the person as a humn shield and knocking them out.

Cheers mate, will give it a whirl l8rs.

This game is just so damn good !! I've played gears, I've played Bioshock, I've played Mass Effect, I've played GTA 4 etc etc But this IS one of the defininng titles in videogame history - n omatter what platform your a "fan-boy" of it rocks :)

On that note - anyone wanna buy a copy for £30 ;) Finished with mine now :) LOL

I completed it last night also. I was very impressed at how cinematic the whole game was.

This game is the reason why the 360 is just a kids toy.

Holly Crap !! I just played through it again !! I've not done that since Monkey Island 4 !! And you kn ow what - I wanna play it again.....

Sooo good... must fininsh GTA4... must not play MGS4.... must be strong... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:)

lol, GTA4 is so crap compared to this game. I was halfway through it when MGS4 turned up on my desk. Since completing MGS4 twice now, I havent even thought of GTA4.

just got this game yday for £25 from game :) so you know wher ei'll be from now on :)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

how do you equip a weapon? i'm running about here with just a knife ATM i'm talking to the gun launderer bloke

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Back