TV with no scart socket

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
A friends just bought a TV for his older father in law then realised it's no scart socket. Dont ask me what but he needs 2 scart sockets, I think ones a video player not sure what the other is.

I've had a look round but I can only see multi scart say 3 to 1 but it's a scary plug at the other end. Do they do a 2 or 3 scart socket to avi 3 phono ?

Does the tv have any other connections?

As if it has composite connection then you could solve one of the issues with this 1.5m SCART to 3 RCA Phono Male Cable Plug Composite AV Audio Video TV/DVD Lead | eBay

then possibly for the other scart you could use this HD 1080P SCART To HDMI Video Audio Upscale Converter Adapter TV DVD SkyBox UK 602701132280 | eBay

The 2nd one, i'd be unhappy using something powered 24/7 and for an older person, 'ease of use' is whats needed and no faffing about. I'd use the cable in the first link for the video recorder and maybe try to find an alternative to the 2nd scart source. If its a dvd player then dvd players with hdmi, as you know, are cheap enough these days.

Last edited:
wow no scart socket be surprised if its got any RCA but never know ? :)

Ok thanks for that. I know no scart socket but most new TV's are doing away with them.
You know what old folk are like video players when theres catch up

Hi,

If necessary, one could feed a signal via a UHF modulator in the antenna input. However, the effort should hardly be worthwhile, since there are just few "finished" UHF modulators in the market. At best in the DIY sector, there are still kits.

Another (used) TV with SCART sockets would be clearly the cheaper and easier solution.

Werner

Plenty of antiques here with old vcr, and technomate with scart and when checking i have a Neet upscaler scart to hdmi which works grand.
What about a scart switcher + the upscaler as still would only use 1 hdmi socket input.
HDMI to Component (RGB) + VGA

Last edited:
Back