WC pan connector leaking

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Any plumbers in the house as his one is pi$$ing me off no end to the point sh*tting in a bucket is on the cards.

I had to remove the closed system toilet to sort out the upstairs bathroom floor.
The flusher had been dodgey for a while so I bought a new flusher and pan connector:

Flomasta KF700-1 Dual-Flush Valve
McAlpine WC-F23R Flexible WC Pan Connector White 97-107mm

I replaced the flusher/bolts/rubber doughnut and added a bit of silicone when installing and the they are 100%leak free and toilet flushes fine.

The bit that's wrecking my head is the pan connector to toilet, the f**ker will not stop slowly leaking.
I'm pretty much sure it's coming from the seal as the wood floor is bone dry from the seal to the back of the toilet.
I've scrubbed the toilet pipe outlet clean so the connector has a good seal and the toilet end of the connector is near level with the outlet pipe so the toilet seal sits perfect not cockeyed.

After a flush it about 5 mins later a ring of water appears around the front of the toilet.
I've tried both old and new pan connectors. I only bought a new one as the rubber can perish.

Question is, why the f*ckin hell is it still leaking with both old and new pan connectors on??.
Once the toilets shoved back that's it you can see f*ck all. I do have a USB to laptop endoscope somewere but before I start faffing setting that up would anyone know why ?.

Not sure maybe add some colour to the water then it should be easy to find where its leaking from as its hard to see clear water but with some colour init it might help?

I would’ve thought as long as the outlet pipe is lower than the toilet outlet pipe water cannot come uphill so shouldn’t leak from there. Are you sure you haven’t disturbed the seal on the toilet cistern🤔

For a slow unidentifiable leak. dry everything and use tissue paper to help identify where it’s coming from.

I would’ve thought as long as the outlet pipe is lower than the toilet outlet pipe water cannot come uphill so shouldn’t leak from there. Are you sure you haven’t disturbed the seal on the toilet cistern🤔
Yeah everything that connects the cistern to the toilet is fine.
A m8 i spoke with said put one of these on
McAlpine WC-F21R Flexible WC Pan Connector White 110mm

He said they never fail. I was going to do it today but I've been rougher than a badgers arse

I think @rawsy has the best Idea, you are using a little washing up liquid as lubricant on the connector rubbers?

Yeah, like I said it's a new one on me this leak as I've done a few before.
It's definitely not coming from the cistern doughnut or bung screws and I scrubbed the toilet outlet rim. Before I shoved it on I ran a smear of fairy over the black seal.
I'll give the jubilee clip one a go tomorrow and hopefully it solves it

Yeah, like I said it's a new one on me this leak as I've done a few before.
It's definitely not coming from the cistern doughnut or bung screws and I scrubbed the toilet outlet rim. Before I shoved it on I ran a smear of fairy over the black seal.
I'll give the jubilee clip one a go tomorrow and hopefully it solves it
Are you sure it’s actually leaking?

I fit a new loo a while ago in my last house. The water pressure was that much and the water was that cold I was getting lots of condensation. It looked like a leak on the floor but it wasn’t.

you could see the condensation quite clearly in the ceramic though.

I used a flow reducer in the inlet and it was find after that.

Yeah def leaking. Once you flush give it a minute there's a ring appears around the front. If no one uses the toilet after a while it dries out so it must be leaking from the black seal then once whatever water is in the pipe drops in level say below the level of the seal it dries out.

It's a strange one so I'm hoping this jubilee clip one does the trick. I read a few comments on the Screwfix site and lots say they only use the jubilee clip one as its the only one they can 100% guarantee no leaks

Finally sorted, the jubilee clip wc connector sorted it.
When I lifted the toilet out there was water right under the bend. There must gave been a small leak and it dripped till it got below the seal.

Now I can use the upstairs in peace without been removed from the throne

Back