Max 232 Cable

melttc

DW Regular
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Is The Max232 Cable The On Used To Flash A Eurovox Etc....
Ive Been Reading The Tut For The Ambit 250 And It Says To Use A Max232 Can Someone Please Clarify This Point , Seems A Noob Question But Just Need To Be Sure....

Thanks.

Yes you can mate theres a new revised tut out now (rev2) where you dont need the sa3 sector and can use the 232 to do the job,

Marc

Marc_dpo said:
Yes you can mate theres a new revised tut out now (rev2) where you dont need the sa3 sector and can use the 232 to do the job,

Marc
yes mate but what is the cable like?

how do i connect up to the 250?

melttc said:
yes mate but what is the cable like?

is it the 1 we flash the eurovox's with? looks like 2 ps1 mouse connectors?

If you take alook at the haynes calbe modem guide theres a diagram in there mate,its rs232 one end with a 4 pin header the other,(tut attached)they are very simple to make mate under a fiver i spose last time i did one, (altho mine was a 233 only slight diff)(new revised tut attached also)

Marc

Marc_dpo said:
If you take alook at the haynes calbe modem guide theres a diagram in there mate,its rs232 one end with a 4 pin header the other,(tut attached)they are very simple to make mate under a fiver i spose last time i did one, (altho mine was a 233 only slight diff)(new revised tut attached also)

Marc
are u on msn mate i could do with a few tips please?

Not on msn im afraid mate if u post up the probs your havin im sure myself and others can sort it for you .

Marc

im just waiting for the max232 to be delivered now mate

Goodo mate give us a shout when your stucj and we shall see if we can get you through it,

Marc

Hello there, make sure you don't get a max232 cable mixed up with a serial 232 cable.

Max232 goes from a 9 way d-type serial connector from the PC to a 4 or 5 way connector at the other, and usually has small circuit board attached in between containing the max232 chip and several resistors (4 usually I think).

Serial 232 cable or Null Modem cable has the 9 way d-type connector at BOTH ends and is used to program the Eurovox Max, etc..

Hopefully these two quickly took shots will enlighten you as to which is which :)

Chris.

Back