martial arts training

magicalbeef

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hey fellas
was just wondering how many guys do/have done any martial arts training? ive just started muay thai, been going about a month, and i must say, ive never felt better. the 1st few weeks killed my stomach and calf muscles, but now im used to it i feel so much healthier. good crack for ppl trying to get fit
:Clap:

I have done Wushu when i was young, but have to say Muay Thai is very effective. If you are in to UFC, you will see all the top fighers are from Muay thai background..

i train and teach Karate been doing it for 6-7 years now, and hoping to go for my 2nd-dan this xmas. i love it keeps me fit. i remember my 1st class, it killed me aswel, lol now i kill them lol

I also train (not as much as i should...lol..) and teach shotokan karate, have been doing it for 15-16 years now, hopefully off to Japan in August for the third time for course/tournament

I've been training for around 6 years now and have never felt better although I spend more time doing the soft arts than the more physical stuff. Training is so addictive!

I used to do Muay Thai when I was a lad. It's a great discipline.

My Dad stopped me going when I smashed a school window (by accident). Blamed it on the training. God that guy was a prick.

Anyway, I certainly enjoyed it whilst it lasted (even though I used to get the shit kicked out my me by a girl - she was solid).

I am sticking to running/hiking/biking for now.

Had a brief spell at Kung Fu when I was a young lad but never stuck at it! I moved to boxing but gave that up as a bad joke after getting my nose splattered over my face by some little shit! (I wasn't good ;))

I just visit the gym and go out on my bike on days of sobriety now :)

Done Jiu Jitsu and Brazillian Jiu Jitsu, Trained with some good guys, Royce gracie, Royler Gracie, Rolker Gracie and trained at a Rickson Gracie academy in the States for a few months under and Frank Cucci.

Am interested in starting Martial Arts training, as I work in Security and it is always handy to have the knowledge, I know quite a few ways to pin somebody down and chuck them a few feet out of the door lol, but it is something I have been interested in but never really got round to training etc. Maybe this is the time to start? I have been asked to be an instructor when I was enquiring about jobs, he said he would train me up etc, and then be an insturctor when I was properlly trained but not interested in being an instructor.

Which Martial Arts training would best suit me, as it would be used if necessary when working the doors

Back