Another MASSIVE thank you thread

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
Following the thread i posted on xmas night here, and as an additional piece to Skybabes thread here, i have to write something to try and express how i feel.

When i posted the original thread, i was fuming, the anger and hate inside me, on xmas day of all days, is like nothing ive ever felt before. I have been robbed in the past, and been angry, but this was far worse. Having to explain to my boy what had happened, and his calm reaction of 'aw, thats not fair' made me even worse.

This tme of year, everyones already skint, ive taken a 20% wage reduction last month, yet we promised him that 'something would be done' so that he wouldnt lose out, exactly what we were going to do though, we didnt know.

I then started receiving PMs from people asking for a paypal address, and spoke with skybabe. At first, i didnt want to accept help from strangers, theres also the 'thing' of i have kept my 'name' quiet for over a decade. In the end, i swallowed my pride, and decided that anyone who wanted to help my boys was more than welcome to actually 'know' my name, afterall, im a complete stranger to most people on the forum.

Then the emails started coming, and OMG, mixed emotions is not the word to use, theres not an actual word that can describe how i felt, and still feel.

I thought that if we were lucky, we may get around half of the money back that was taken, and we could then manage over the next few weeks to sort the rest out for the boys.

Im humbled, amazed, gobsmacked, and completley lost for words at the generosity shown to our boys by the DW community.

With some money that was also given by firends and family, they now have it all back, and i also have some in my paypal account that is actually over what was taken. Ideally with this 'extra' as it was donated to me to replace money that has now already been replaced (i still cannot think of how to say thank you enough to everybody) i would like to donate it to a charity, but, as the money has come from all over the country, a nationwide charity, such as help for heroes, or a cancer charity, or some sort of kids charity (as it was meant for the kids), so if anyone has any suggestions, theyd be great.

Over the next few days, i will sit and reply to each individual email that was sent via paypals system.

I truely am thankfull with everything that i am, to all of you who turned what was a disasterous end to a fantastic christmas, into a proper happy ending, im greatfull to all of you beyond what words can type, it has shown me that while everyone may know a scumbag, that even if we are not aware of it, we are surrounded by people who do actually care, they just sit there quietly in the background untill they are needed.

I've always said thet DigitalWorldz is the best place to be, and that theres no other place like it, and its true, and its all because of its members, all of you.

Once again, a MASSIVE thank you

Craig.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tbh m8 you humble us with your thanks,we only wanted to help out a fella who has helped most of us out somewhere along the line,
charity is a good idea but for what its worth get the kids something extra just to show them that not everyone out there is bad,
kids tend to see a lot of horrible things growing up nowadays its nice to be able to make it childlike again for them :)

very nice post m8, and just shows, the heart of DW is all it's members.

the penguin rescue fund is always accepting donations LOL....joking m8.

as for your offer of donation, my top 3 choices are:

St Ann's Cancer charity: davidh would of liked this
make a wish: a childrens foundation
help for heroes: these soldiers have given their lives for us.

but like wiz569 has mentioned, treat your kids to an extra special present and say it is from yourself, family and new extended DW family

Donating to a charity is a nice idea mate but i would say treat the kids. Put it towards a day out or a nice christmas extra or something.

nice post.. :)

everbody has pulled together here, so something good has came out of something real bad...

kids have had a hard time here,
they must of had a hard lesson learning a family member had stole from them.

so as way of compensation,
they should get the extra money... :)

Donating to a charity is a nice idea mate but i would say treat the kids. Put it towards a day out or a nice christmas extra or something.
Spot on mate. It was the thought of those kids that spurred us to help in the first place.
So what?, if they end up with a little extra. Despite being very brave about it outwardly, they must have been very dissapointed really.

I am quite sure that many of us already help out with Help for Heroes and other worthwhile causes anyway.

Everything to the kids in my opinion. :xmas:

Digidude treat the kids with the extra they deserve it mate. Its been a pleasure giving a little bit of help. You may not know people personaly but we have been around this forum a long time so i kinda feel i know a lot of people personaly and like i said its a pleasure to help others when you can.

Spot on mate. It was the thought of those kids that spurred us to help in the first place.
So what?, if they end up with a little extra. Despite being very brave about it outwardly, they must have been very dissapointed really.

I am quite sure that many of us already help out with Help for Heroes and other worthwhile causes anyway.

Everything to the kids in my opinion. :xmas:

Agreed. The kids should get the lot :)
Just don't put it in your trouser pockets or, in my experience, the missus will get it!

I'm all for giving to charities but in this instance the money given was for you and the kids. Spend it on them and enjoy it with them.

everbody has pulled together here, so something good has came out of something real bad...

Agree totally, treat the young ones if theres enough left, they must have been through a lot, it may not get rid of the memory but it may soften it sooner.

Give it all to the children.
If they have more then it shows them that something good can come out of something bad.

Agree totally, treat the young ones if theres enough left, they must have been through a lot, it may not get rid of the memory but it may soften it sooner.

Well if I can add my little here, I give to charities already.

This was for your kids and I would like them to have it.

Well if I can add my little here, I give to charities already.

This was for your kids and I would like them to have it.
My sentiments exactly.

Lovely post Digi. Give the extra to the kids.

Great to see a happy ending from this.

I guess the old saying "what goes around comes around" works both ways.... you've been around and done enough for the people in here over the years mate, it's only fair some of it comes back your way :)

yep give the little 1ns the extra.a day out a game or what ever it may be. they may remember in time ppl arnt all the same..there are good ppl out there..i have and all ways will say D.W is the best place to go and this just proove's it. well done to every 1 that has helped. show the xmas spirit is well and truely still alive on what has to the best site on the web

Back