Manchester United thread

Well if he had won, then it would've been a false dawn imo. Ole isn't the man to take you forward, and his ineptitude has shown tonight. Also if you had won, then im guessing @gasman would've been back crowing. Seems he's lost his login again...

Deserved to lose, not because Sevilla were the better team but because we didn't take the chances we had and the defence was weak. Don't know if it's just me but I just think that Maquire does not look like a top, top class defender and certainly not a captain, with the influence that Fernandes has brought to the team he appears to be the only real option for captain. The papers don't know what they want to do with Ole, one minute they want him sacked and the next he is the next messiah, personally the fact he has brought on so many youngsters from the Academy I believe that he needs time and he will get the right balance of home grown and bought in talent which I think will take the next 2 seasons to achieve. But I also believe they will win something during that period.

The delayed start is looking like a mistake, but I hope it doesn't result in a knee-jerk reaction of signing Jadon Sancho for £108 Million...........that is just obscene. We don't seem to have taken Mason Greenwood's stupidity as bad as Man City with Phil Foden, so maybe a cheeky offer there could me worth a try and a short term proven Premier League striker at a more sensible price.........Jamie Vardy. Although I would prefer a bit of a gamble on Newcastle's Saint-Maximin which would be at a similar price.

Manchester United will make a final £90m bid for Jadon Sancho next week in an attempt to prise the England winger, 20, from Borussia Dortmund

Manchester United will make a final £90m bid for Jadon Sancho next week in an attempt to prise the England winger, 20, from Borussia Dortmund

This is complete BS though. Dortmund have been very clear from the start, the price is 110m euros. Pay it and get the player, this is just MU trying to bully Dortmund, who don't need to or want to sell.

It's a strange change to the rule this season BUT the handball is now a penalty IMHO. Doesn't matter if it's in the first or the 101st 🕰
Anyway, smashing game, thought BHA deserved a point as a neutral. Why don't Utd just go more cavalier? They're bang average at the back (BHA hit the woodwork at least 4 times from memory, BHA are a decent compact team but certainly no world-beaters) with that attacking prowess why not just try to score one more goal than the opposition ❓❓❓

.......... with that attacking prowess why not just try to score one more goal than the opposition ❓❓❓

Because we are crap at Counter attacking, crap at the High press and crap at breaking down a tight defense except for the odd time when someone remembers how to play Football :(

United aren't scoring because they seem to think several passes inside the opposition's box will lead to a goal, I watch and think for god's sake someone hit the ball towards the goal. As for United having a weak defence, my opinion is that weakness is caused by the faffing about in our own box, passing balls right across the goal (even as kids we were taught don't ever pass across the goalmouth) and the short goal kicks in the area, what do they think they are achieving other than inviting the opposition into the box and the slightest error being punished. And finally for me, not just a United problem but for many of the EPL clubs Passing Back to the Keeper. We can be attacking and in the oppositions box then within 3 passes the ball is back with De Gea (WTF) or while defending too many short passes has allowed the opposition to bring more of the opposition into attack leaving De Gea as the only option to pass to but he too will be closed down almost instantly, then how many passes back to the keeper then end up with loss of possession ? well it is more likely to be that than keeping the ball.

Can one of the admins please reset gasman's password again, he's clearly lost it. I miss his fantasies about Utd being the best again.

If Ollie can get his team to get something from this 1-4 half time against Spurs he deserves to keep his job.
1601828960875.png

I wonder how long he'll go missing this time...

Maybe until United come good🙄so you may have a long wait🤔I would’ve liked to have seen the look on his face today after today’s performance😂

Back