Mame Frontends

Purity

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what frontends people were using for Mame Cabinets? I'm fairly impressed with GameEx, but would like to hide all the Windows XP windows on bootup. Anyone got any tips of tricks to do that?

you could always create a custom boot/welcome to windows screen, remove all the icons from the desktop and hide the taskbar

I was wondering what frontends people were using for Mame Cabinets? I'm fairly impressed with GameEx, but would like to hide all the Windows XP windows on bootup. Anyone got any tips of tricks to do that?

I use GameEx as well, I found it the easiest of all the frontends to set up. If you go to the GameEx forums, they have a great community there, and there is a skinning program that hide all the Windows boot stuff available (not sure if you need to donate first)

You can bootskin the Windows boot to whatever you want, but not all motherboard bios screens can be hidden. Those guys will have the answer, I'm sure.

my machine i posted earlier runs on game ex and its great, it annoys me at times with auto update :(, but its great and you must donate if you use toms software ;) and it also unlocks alot of extra features

i tried a linux version once and had nothing but trouble and i prefer linux but the support was not as big on the linux builds

my machine i posted earlier runs on game ex and its great, it annoys me at times with auto update :(, but its great and you must donate if you use toms software ;) and it also unlocks alot of extra features

i tried a linux version once and had nothing but trouble and i prefer linux but the support was not as big on the linux builds

Hi. I had a lot of trouble with the autoupdate as well, but I just disabled it. You don't HAVE to donate (for a cab you coulkd just set it to boot straight into GameEx and wait 2 minutes for ther nag to go away) but I really thought he deserved the donation for such a great frontend.

I tried Mala, Atomic and MameWah but couldn't get them configured. GameEx worked for me right away, and seeing as I was desperate to play Black Tiger, I stuck with it. After a week or two, I thought I should pay the guy for his hard work!

Clinkers

Back