Liverpool News

its about time the fa stepped in and looked into these new football boots . there crap !! dont remember gorgie best breaking any toes

In those theys they didn't complain, picked up the first pair of boots they could find and got on with it. But they half hurt when you took a wrap on the legs from them. Nowadays, its all to do with the weight of them, so players don't tire as quick, and improving first touches etc.

In those theys they didn't complain, picked up the first pair of boots they could find and got on with it. But they half hurt when you took a wrap on the legs from them. Nowadays, its all to do with the weight of them, so players don't tire as quick, and improving first touches etc.

cue the hovis tune !! lol : spook :

Record signing Fernando Torres said he can't wait to make his first appearance at Anfield for Liverpool against Chelsea.
The Spanish ace feels it will be a special occasion for him and the team in the Reds first home game of the season.

"Last Saturday was my Barclays Premier League debut and we came away with the win, on Wednesday it was the Champions League and we also won, and on Sunday I will walk out at Anfield for the first time to play a match," said Torres.

"Everybody tells me that until I listen to 'You'll Never Walk Alone' inside our stadium it's as if i've never really heard it properly, and I can't wait to hear it."

The striker added the prospect of playing in the Champions League with Liverpool excites him, but he readily accepts the main priority of the players is a push for the Barclays Premier League title.

"The Champions League is the lucky competition for Liverpool and it's a tradition," added the Reds number nine.

"But it's curious that I come here thinking about the Champions League because it's a special competition for me but in the team everybody is thinking about the Barclays Premier League.

"It must be because many of them won at Istanbul but they've never won the league. By the way, neither have I. The club hasn't done it for 17 years and here everyone believes this could be the year."

I hate to say this chaps, but i wish Liverpool all the best against Chelsea, with Gerrard scoring in a 1-0 match.

Thats where my money will be on.

That's a back-handed compliment if ever I heard one! I'm not saying you're wrong, but you view Chelsea as a bigger threat to your league title. I think we might give you two a proper challenge this season, so maybe you'd be better off with a draw.

aye up the redmen! They can do it, hopefully Torres getting on the score sheet for his home debut

We really need to win today, especially with Man U losing. The out come of this game will show us where we are heading this year.
Come on Stevie G

Hi

1-0 and what a goal by Torres. With the Mancs losing this could be a perfect day.

I`m in shock, refs given a flipping bollocks of a penalty and sh*t they`ve scored.

we can moan all we want, refs a tosser no questions asked, we got a draw, and played far better than them. Very good signs for the season to come. I think we will be there at the top, come end of the season. Next 5 league games don't look too bad on paper, but lets see if we can make them count!

Yes, I am a biased Pool fan, but come on ref. What were you thinking? Far too many bookings.
I hope the testing they are doing in Scotland for video refs works out well, and it could stop some of this happening. At the end of the season, 2 points dropped, could mean being in the Champions League or not, which could lead to a loss of millions, just because of on rash decision.

i'm glad hes not been picked for this weekend, else he'll be ruining someone elses weekend. Lets see if he apologises to rafa!

ref is a tosser all right and was a Chelsea player supposed to be sent off. ruined my Sunday

Its about time the penalty law was changed.
Every corner there are blatant penalties that refs haven't got the bollox to give, but they keep giving ridiculous pens.
A few weeks ago a ref gave a pen when the ball hit a player on the head.
Once they have given a pen they have affected the game immensely,and in the casae of yesterday probably cost Liverpool 2 points.
If Liverpool lose the Premiership by 1 point this season, this ref should be retired.
Going back to changing the law, for a definite handball stopping the ball from crossing the line, award a penalty and send the player off.
For a foul inside the penalty box award a free kick anywhere outside the penalty box( the attacking team decide where).
If the foul stops a goalscoring opportunity award afree kick outside the area and send the player off.

Anyone agree?

ref dropped after blunder

LONDON (Reuters) - Premier League referee Rob Styles has been dropped from this weekend's matches after awarding Chelsea a controversial penalty in Sunday's match at Liverpool.

Styles gave Chelsea a penalty when Florent Malouda went down despite minimal contact from Liverpool defender Steve Finnan and Frank Lampard converted the spot kick to give the London side a 1-1 draw at Anfield.

"(Styles) looked at the video with the decision and he's admitted that he got it wrong," chief of referees Keith Hackett was quoted as saying on Sky Sports News on Monday.

"I've left a message with (Liverpool manager) Rafa Benitez to apologise on behalf of the PGMO (Professional Game Match Officials) for the error," Hackett added.

"I did in pre-season say to managers and the general public that accountability exists and we do, at the PGMO, expect referees to get the big decisions correct.

"On this occasion this is wrong and therefore Rob will not be officiating next weekend."

Benitez was incensed by the penalty decision that left Liverpool, who had taken the lead through Fernando Torres, in seventh place with four points from two games at the start of a season in which he is determined they win their first championship title since 1990. Chelsea are second with seven points from three games.

CARD ERROR

Styles also appeared to book Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien for a second time in the match shortly after the equaliser but did not send him off.

However, Hackett explained that Styles, having booked Chelsea captain John Terry still had his yellow card in his hand when he raised his arm to indicate a free kick.

"He showed the card to John Terry, then held the card to indicate an indirect free kick," he said.

"In fairness, he forgot to put the card away so it was a basic... admin error as against an error in application of law but it is again something where we'll look closely at the video to ensure we don't get a repeat of that."

Hackett said a linesman at Saturday's Fulham game against Middlesbrough had also been dropped. The London side were denied an equaliser when a shot by striker David Healy appeared to have crossed the line, a fact confirmed by television replays.

seems he fixed up abramovich garden aswel, probably explains the penalty decision.. nothing else can... two costly points lost for liverpool and 1 valuable point gained for chelsea..

people make mistakes which i can understand but that was not a mistake!! a big blunder.. he was the only one who saw a penalty in the whole stadium!! grrr:Kickassro

aye it wasnt the best of decisions like.....i was gobsmacked when he gave it. I think we have got to keep our chins up and get the 3 points at sunderland sat now, we have still started well and kno that we completely outplayed one of our challengers this year. Come on the red men!

Back