Laptop Problem

vajid

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys, ive got a Toshiba satellite laptop which ive had for nearly 3 years. Recently its started playing up, i'd be using it an all of a sudden it will turn off, even though the power lead is inserted, so it cant be that the battery is dying out can it? I thought it might be that the battery connections are loose but i checked that and the battery sits firmly in place, hardly moving. Any ideas, or is it time for a new computer?? CHEERS

Hi guys, ive got a Toshiba satellite laptop which ive had for nearly 3 years. Recently its started playing up, i'd be using it an all of a sudden it will turn off, even though the power lead is inserted, so it cant be that the battery is dying out can it? I thought it might be that the battery connections are loose but i checked that and the battery sits firmly in place, hardly moving. Any ideas, or is it time for a new computer?? CHEERS

no i dont think it will be anything to do with the battery

sounds like its overheating or a faulty power lead :banana:

:Cheers:

Had a similar problem with one of these a while back. As superlfc says, in this case it was overheating. The cure was to give the fan and the processor heatsink a good vacuuming, debris had built up and reduced the airflow.
Got to be worth a try.

Chookey

agree with the overheating crew........... is the laptop on a flat surface?
If its sitting on a bed or sofa, then the fans wont have any way of venting the hot air out.

thanks guys, its sitting flat on a table, but theres a cover on the table which could well be over heating it, ill give it a clean aswell and see if that helps, cheers guys

i had the same with my dell laptop so i downloaded a new fan control program and presto all fine now. it also shows the temp in the taskbar to keep an eye on it.

castle

i've got exactly the same problem with my toshiba lappy. i even put thick double sided sticky tape on the bottom of the legs to lift it up a bit but it still cuts off.

i went to take it apart yesterday to clean the fan etc but it was all joines by wires from the motherboard to the bottom of the keyboard and screen and looked a pain in the arse.

@castle where did u get the fan control program from m8?

cheers

krazy

i managed to find and download a program that monitors temeratures and the cpu is avarageing 70-73c but as soon as i put it on the floor it goes up to 80c odd and continues to go higher still it cuts off or i pick it up and have the fan hanging over the side of my leg so theres nothing near it at all

krazy

Back