Kryptview Release 5

freestyler

Inactive User
Reaction score
Release 5 for the kryptview box

please post the feedback

Kryptview 21032008

Please note this is a public beta release.

As always, lots of changes have been made - lots of features therefore may have still have minor issues.
A follow up release will take care of these as they arise.

Changes:
-------

- Slow keyroll bug fixed.
- Teletext bases subtitles supported.
- Infobar updated to show event time elapsed/remaining.
- EPG updated for Ireland.
- Some internal bug fixes to improve stability.
- Channel Selection improved - can now navigate left/right on channel box to switch between
favourites, categories etc.
- PIN number box allows channel changing, or you can exit to blank screen and change
caterogy etc. Prevents you from getting locked in a pin protected category.
- Some tuner driver changes.

There are two files in this release, one for the UK mainland and the other for Ireland.

There are still some known issues with the firmware (that is why it is still classed as BETA).
A new update is expected in about 2 weeks to fix a few known bugs.

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/2195/ <--- link to download section

Last edited by a moderator:
Post stickied !

Also, my sources have confirmed that this is an official beta release.

Can also confirm this is official. Please as stated give feedback as we take other people opinions and add to future release.

tmc

Problem with file mash, corrupted/damaged when extracting. Please upload again. Thanks J

nothing wrong with the file, it needs to be uploaded as a rar file not a zip

Thanks that did the trick.
For anybody else - just change the file format from .zip to .rar and extract. worked for me.

Firefox seems to cope with it, Internet Explorer needs the workaround mentioned above, I think!!

Quick question, 'Teletext bases subtitles supported.' Does this mean subtitles are available on all channels (Assuming the channel has subtitles on yer subbed box)?

ok for time being i have uploaded the file here because the downlaod section might have some problems with zip file

the attatched file is in rar format

:D

Last edited:
Can also confirm this is official. Please as stated give feedback as we take other people opinions and add to future release.

tmc

I like how you can now press the ok button and use the right and left arrow buttons to scroll through your favourites..
Also a nice touch on the Infobar,which now shows how long the program is,time its been on,and time remaining..
Only thing i'd like to see changed (i may be alone on this) is on the infobar.
Where the program information is in black writing,it would be easier to read if it were white, like it is with the program name and time?

Thank you to all thats worked on this...much appreciated

Yes I think a colour scheme overhaul for the next release thanks for the input ukbob.

tmc

when you press EPG could it be made so the TV picture stays in the background instead of the solid yellow KryptView screen ?

also when in a section (say Entertainment) and you have all the channels from that section,could it be done so you press a coloured button to go to the next page rather than scrolling down to go through pages

I'm very new to this box but gotta say and most importantly the picture quality to spot on :) so well done to all that are working on its improvements

"also when in a section (say Entertainment) and you have all the channels from that section,could it be done so you press a coloured button to go to the next page rather than scrolling down to go through pages"

Doesn't the P+ and P- button already do that?, not near my box at the moment so can't confirm it...

so it does :) maybe Ill read the manual ;) lol
thanks

ive flashed this fw on my kryptview and when i do a scan only when it says 25/28 is where channels start adding, and i only get like 25 channels. Also with the mtv channels towards VH1, the channels are choppy. Does anyone know what can be the reason

I would do a factory reset and scan again make sure its only network scan and choose the right net id.

tmc

TMC ive done that. i know my provider is EXcw and the net id is 666.750. But it still only adds around 25 channels. I left it off for half an hour for power search mode and still got the same channels. Could it be something to do with the FW?

I would do a factory reset and scan again make sure its only network scan and choose the right net id.

tmc

I would try again one more time. We know its working very well in cw. Have found sometimes you need to do the scan few times if all is not picked up.

tmc

I would try again one more time. We know its working very well in cw. Have found sometimes you need to do the scan few times if all is not picked up.

tmc

kool. I did try loading the previous FW but still the same thing. Could be a network problem. Ill give it more tries and see what happens

Back