Tails 3.12 Anonymous OS Is Out with Linux 4.19, Tor Browser 8.0.5, and USB Image

alimac

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score

The Tails amnesic incognito live system also known as the Anonymous OS used by NSA whistle-blower Edward Snowden to stay hidden online, has been updated today to version 3.12.

Tails 3.12 is a stable release that comes as an incremental update to the previous version, 3.10, adding numerous many updated components from the upstream Debian repositories, security vulnerabilities, as well as other exciting changes. But the biggest news is that Tails can now be downloaded as a USB image along the standard ISO image.

"In short, instead of downloading an ISO image (a format originally designed for CDs), you now download Tails as a USB image: an image of the data as it needs to be written to the USB stick," reads today's announcement "We are still providing ISO images for people using DVDs or virtual machines. The methods for upgrading Tails remain the same."

The new USB image will allow you to more easily write the latest Tails image on a USB flash drive to install the operating system on any computer you'd like, no matter the operating system used. It works on computers running other GNU/Linux distributions, macOS, and even Windows, providing a much simpler, faster, and easy-to-use installation experience.

https://news.softpedia.com/news/tai...-tor-browser-8-0-5-and-usb-image-524744.shtml

Changes (the important part of this news)

Tails - Tails 3.12 is out

oh this is very intresting thank you for the heads up :)

Is it good? Do you use it? A secret identity by a person everybody knows and a browser that goes to every dark part of the web. Are you advocating this as a good product? Would you enter your bank account details into it? It doesnt seem to have done Edward much good but then again maybe he kept his details to himself.

Maybe a tutorial on how to be safe, anonymous and how to protect your personal information might be a better option for people. Just my thoughts.

Good points you make mate. I have not tried it however just made live usb of it so ill boot it up in a bit see how it is..
All started with me trying to de google my life lol its not easy tho :)

Last edited:
I would strongly reccomend you do not use any bank details or passwords with tor. Tor goes into a website owned by god knows whom and comes out the other side. It does this all over the place. I think it is encrypted these days but even so i wouldnt trust it with my ex's details nevermind my own. As for google you have the option to removed all your details from their website. Now there is a more worthwhile task for you to try me thinks. How to remove everything that google knows about you. Maybe if he were to write the tutorial he will eplain to you how it is done

I would strongly reccomend you do not use any bank details or passwords with tor. Tor goes into a website owned by god knows whom and comes out the other side. It does this all over the place. I think it is encrypted these days but even so i wouldnt trust it with my ex's details nevermind my own. As for google you have the option to removed all your details from their website. Now there is a more worthwhile task for you to try me thinks. How to remove everything that google knows about you. Maybe if he were to write the tutorial he will eplain to you how it is done

So much misinformation.

All your bank stuff passes over the deep web already. It's where the banks operate, and it's where encryption is at its best. Why would you even be entering your bank details on there?

As for a tutorial, i'd suggest you read the jolly roger security guide over at deepdotweb, which will give you a good grounding for what is safe and what is not.

I thank you kind sir for pointing out my misinformation. and i will raise the flag over the security guide you recommend. But i will also point out that i was referring to the tor browser not so much as the encryption. leaving the stable door open before you encrypt your information is not a jolly good thing to do. I do not give advice to anyone, i left my thoughts and opinions. Nothing more nothing less. It was not meant to be conscientious or offensive. If you found it to be so then i am sorry, I will leave this thread alone. (Smiles) have a nice day.

Back