Kryptview Release 5

TMC ive done that. i know my provider is EXcw and the net id is 666.750. But it still only adds around 25 channels. I left it off for half an hour for power search mode and still got the same channels. Could it be something to do with the FW?

666.750 isnt a netID its a frequency, find out what your network ID is and it will work.

Do a factory reset then select your provider and "NETWORK". A box containing all network IDs will be presented. Select the correct network ID from the list and let it scan !

edcase

Not mentioned this as a firmware bug before now(in case its a vm fault)...but..
Since i loaded this release at 7:30 am Zone reality as been unwatchable, on the 443 tp, pure area.
Signal level 64 quality 99.. extemely blocky and the message 'no or bad signal' every few seconds..(other channels on the 443 tp are ok)
Zone horror, same signal and quality but on a different tp works without a glitch?

my bad. i shoulve wrote 41050. tried it all but still no luck. if i get the channel list off my neighbour and load it to my box will it work?

666.750 isnt a netID its a frequency, find out what your network ID is and it will work.

Do a factory reset then select your provider and "NETWORK". A box containing all network IDs will be presented. Select the correct network ID from the list and let it scan !

edcase

still no luck. Tried channel transferring from one box to another and all i get is no or bad signal message on the screen. And the only channels that work are the ones that were appearing when i did a factory reset and a new scan. tried th other box and same problem. So i think the box aint the problem. Ive even taken off all splitters and connected the box to the main feed outside my house and still no luck

Last edited:
Try flashing the previous January firmware to see what happens.

sakib. i just did that and same thing. BUT i just tried the box at my cousins house opposite the road and all seems fine! so it looks like i have a signal problem. Im gonna check all the wires now and see what happens or just wait and see if it all goes well itself

SORTED! Virgin media have put on a 10db attentuator on my line. i took it off and everything now works!! PHEW!!!

when did they add that lol glad your sorted now :)

cool thanks for this only prob is my new pc has not got a comport ffssssss

so is there away to make my RS232 cable adapt to any thing ells

or should i just buy a coms port card (if there is such thing)

regards mas

cool thanks for this only prob is my new pc has not got a comport ffssssss

so is there away to make my RS232 cable adapt to any thing ells

or should i just buy a coms port card (if there is such thing)

regards mas

you can get a usb to rs232 on eBaY.

thanks. like the ability to change favourites by using arrow keys. this box gets better with every release.

you can get a usb to rs232 on eBaY.
thanks shej69 but i can never wait for things from ebay and need it working for the wwe on sunday lol

I was going to try one of these...but the postage seemed a bit steep

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-PCI-I-O-E...ryZ90717QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thanks ukbob i got one off them from here ccl
and its done the job and i just flashed it finger crossed it adding tp list now

thanks mas

EDIT: all done now i did the add tp thing and then it search for channels but did not find any but when i looked in the epg there all there and work, i no the flash worked as i can see the new stuff in the fw

Last edited:
New Software

I updated my box with 21/03/08 software. Everything ok, only three-four channels are not in the list, they are there but with channel numbers 1020,1021,etc. Can I change the name and edit the number of channel?
Thanks

Nice one put it on mine. All seems ok here, some nice additions to it :Clap:

Still seems to be an issue with the stb editor. It's still only showing the transponder list in the channel edit, not showing the names of the channels.

cheers

Back