kryptview hd firmware

sorry but what do u mean by that bud.as my neighbour was sayin something bout in ireland and nagra 3 cuttin off loads off cable boxes and they havent manged in ages to get them back on and its been a while..i could b wrong as ive only went by my mate.u remembered me there by sayin irish boys lol

Think he was referring to N2 fix that was out 1st in the main stream b4 the rest of the boxes

I wont be buying it when there is a better box in the dm800hd.

The kryptview can't compete with the dreamboxes, Open source FTW.

An open source box is only as good as the people developing for it.

It seems to me dreambox/dbox owners rant on about open source as is if means they will get fixes and fast - yet 99.99% of then would not have a clue where to start, nullifying any advantage they offered.

Open source is not about boxes, it's about people. programmers. hackers.

I don't actually see many people making deep core changes to open source boxes for the UK. If VM changed something that broke the core of a dreambox leaving you with black screens { not a keyroll here }, I wonder how long DM owners would be left waiting for a fix?

An open source box is only as good as the people developing for it.

It seems to me dreambox/dbox owners rant on about open source as is if means they will get fixes and fast - yet 99.99% of then would not have a clue where to start, nullifying any advantage they offered.

Open source is not about boxes, it's about people. programmers. hackers.

I don't actually see many people making deep core changes to open source boxes for the UK. If VM changed something that broke the core of a dreambox leaving you with black screens { not a keyroll here }, I wonder how long DM owners would be left waiting for a fix?

Its like I said in a previous thread. A box is only as good as the support thats out there for them. For people like me I wouldnt have the faintest idea where to start on how to fix any sort of coding of emulation or basically anything with them. So open source boxes like the DM500 does not really help the layman. I rely on guys on here to fix and release it to us and for that I am grateful that we have good support on this forum.

I think the term "open source" for some means easy fix. But I feel that just because the software might be open source does not mean quick fix and freely available. And say someone should crack N3 in Ireland, whats stopping them holding on to the fix for a period of time to make some cash b4 releasing it.

But like the kryptview they dont have that problem, they are closed source with only their box to support.

Last edited:
Each to their own..

Now a days 90% of end users are just plug & play people with the majority of them relying on other people to keep their box running. There's nothing wrong with this as thats what the Kryptview line is all about.. Selling to the plug & play users.. Kryptview have never implied anything other than that and with Kryptview what you miss out on in adaptability you gain in ease of use and updates.

As for releasing a box without firmware... Lets be honest here the box isn't released (officially) yet. The supplier has been jumped on by friends and good customers begging to get an early hands-on box... The supplier states catagorically that it's the first small shipment and that they're still working on the feedback of the testers and tweaking the firmware ready for public release.

At the end of the day when the box is officially released there will be firmware ready for it. Anyone who has managed to get a box pre-release (like myself) has to be prepared to wait it out.. I Know Kryptview dont want the buggy test firmware to go public because it reflects badly on them when end users dont get what they expect.

To be honest though if the supplier is selling to a chosen few then they should be given the test firmware with a massive note saying " This is just to keep you going till the public release firmware comes out."

Regards.

I wont be buying it when there is a better box in the dm800hd.

The kryptview can't compete with the dreamboxes, Open source FTW.

Tread carefully mate.

The Linux boxes are not as well supported as we all think.

Plenty of image creators etc, but very few people capable or willing to work on encryption fixes.

Still no news?

Im sure I read a day or two

I see you have been banned from another forum for not letting things rest
im sure when its ready it will be released asap

It looks like the kryptview team just use a OEM box and stick their firmware on it.

Most boxes are very much based on reference designs from the chipset manufacturers and rarely deviate much from that design. Thats why boxes from different manufacturers will often look very similar internally but may act entirely different - different firmware !

VM's own boxes are effectively just oem boxes that have been slightly modified by the addidition of custom firmware. If you browse Samsung/Pace etc websites you'll find boxes with very similar specs that are not VM.

To release a box with no working firmware is very, very silly.

The box does have working firmware. Its pre-loaded onto the box when you get it. You get exactly what you pay for - a box capable of showing fta cable channels.

What your really after is the non-official non manufacturer supported hacked version of the firmware that allows you to do things you shouldn't be doing. That kind of software wouldn't be available for any box, even dreamboxes, at such an early stage !

Most boxes are very much based on reference designs from the chipset manufacturers and rarely deviate much from that design. Thats why boxes from different manufacturers will often look very similar internally but may act entirely different - different firmware !

VM's own boxes are effectively just oem boxes that have been slightly modified by the addidition of custom firmware. If you browse Samsung/Pace etc websites you'll find boxes with very similar specs that are not VM.

The box does have working firmware. Its pre-loaded onto the box when you get it. You get exactly what you pay for - a box capable of showing fta cable channels.

What your really after is the non-official non manufacturer supported hacked version of the firmware that allows you to do things you shouldn't be doing. That kind of software wouldn't be available for any box, even dreamboxes, at such an early stage !

Best explanation so far! Just one thing, the box advertises as hd which at present isnt available

Best explanation so far! Just one thing, the box advertises as hd which at present isnt available

Its hardly the problem of the box that there are only encrypted HD channels available on cable in the UK is it ?

If there were non encrypted HD channels then i'm sure the box would display them, as advertised !

That nice man Mash has sent me one out today so will be with me tomorrow. First time I've ever took the plug'n'play route but the pleasure of modding a box died long ago.

It is going to take the place of my hooky V+ which seems to be suffering with ever increasing reboots of late. I don't need to record 2 programmes whilst watching another or to pause live tv while I take a whizz.

Recording is a hit and miss affair anyway with the occasional reboots which apparrently even affect subscribers.

Thanks for the heads up DW Dream.

Chookey

Does anybody know if the pause function works? Not that bothered about recording but pause is good especially if a films on and want to 4ward the breaks

Does anybody know if the pause function works? Not that bothered about recording but pause is good especially if a films on and want to 4ward the breaks
Would need a hard drive or similar for that mate. Pausing live tv is just a fancy bit of recording. You've already got yours so why not give it a try?

Chookey

Would need a hard drive or similar for that mate. Pausing live tv is just a fancy bit of recording. You've already got yours so why not give it a try?

Chookey

Put it on for a play yesterday love the mosaic function! Cant be bothered to hook it back up taking out wires from old box etc! Can you use any ext HD even 1TB?

Put it on for a play yesterday love the mosaic function! Cant be bothered to hook it back up taking out wires from old box etc! Can you use any ext HD even 1TB?
I know less than you do about this box mate, mine isn't due until tomorrow.
Sorry

Chookey

They sure are the best im from ireland and their the first out with new firmware....... except for nagra3 which where all still waiting for... may it be sooner than later

They sure are the best im from ireland and their the first out with new firmware....... except for nagra3 which where all still waiting for... may it be sooner than later

I suspect your going to be disappointed if your waiting for an N3 solution

sooner than you think

I absolutely LOVE these type of posts. :)

Leaves me thnking, does this guy know something we don't, is he the one actually working on a feasble solution, or is he simply here to spam the forum!?

:)

someone said the firmwares weeks away?

hopefully is wrong !

so far theres 3 things holding me back from placing my order...

1:) uses that F connector, isnt that gonna reduce quality?

2:) remotes a brick apparantly and bad

3) firmware !

hopefully there just minor bad points but at the end of the day a box is a box all those points are mute if u can record one channel and watch another also...

Back