Just ordered my etrayz! Anybody else brought an Xtreamer?

Rather than titled around the Xtreamer in particular could it be named more broadly? For example 'network media players room' as some members have the WDTV and a handful have the popcorn hour...

I agree with little_pob, a universal media player section would be the best option. There are so many different players and members would get more from it if it wasn't all about one particular make.

Took the plunge and bought the XT today. Got it from the official site in the end. Anybody know delivery times roughly?

Also bought a 500gb HDD to slip in it, and a new router, both from OYYY, good prices and Quidco too. Looking forward to my new additions! Lol

BTW, shouldn't this be in the Media room...? ;)

Took the plunge and bought the XT today. Got it from the official site in the end. Anybody know delivery times roughly?

Also bought a 500gb HDD to slip in it, and a new router, both from OYYY, good prices and Quidco too. Looking forward to my new additions! Lol

BTW, shouldn't this be in the Media room...? ;)

XT is a good piece of kit, if they are in stock it should be approx 4-5 days.

When you get it, the main screen bottom right will show you the version of firmware, if not 2.1.3 then update it.

Then install Xskins, loads to choose from.

This thread was started before media player section, I have asked admin to move it so it is in right section.

XT is a good piece of kit, if they are in stock it should be approx 4-5 days.

When you get it, the main screen bottom right will show you the version of firmware, if not 2.1.3 then update it.

Then install Xskins, loads to choose from.

This thread was started before media player section, I have asked admin to move it so it is in right section.

Thanks Jaffa mate, appreciate that. I'm sure I'll be tipping up looking for suggestions/advice/support etc...!

I was only joking about the sections BTW! :)

I bought an xtreamer after someone on the forum suggested one, it's the best gizzmo I bought in ages. The xtreamer is quality player and it plays any movie files you throw at it. I'll recommend this to anyone.

I bought an xtreamer after someone on the forum suggested one, it's the best gizzmo I bought in ages. The xtreamer is quality player and it plays any movie files you throw at it. I'll recommend this to anyone.

My enthusiasm has long worn off, if you're happy iwth what you have great, just don't believe a word they say on their website.

Jukebox / yamj supports been promised for ages and still nothing, not even any real screenshots on progress.

All I want is to have when it boots Movies, TV, Music, Photos, Settings and to be able to map those to the folders I want it to scan, I really can't undertsand why they are finding this so hard to implement.

A jukebox would be great and there are some excellent screenshots on the forums from various other media players but again, no sign of this on the XT

Now they have launced the XT Pro stating they want it to do everything the XT does plus more ergo the current XT is stuffed for furture progress

The real corker, a whole bunch of features stated that would work when it was released have now been canned.

Their support is total BS full of hot air. Whilst the product does what I want it to do I would not longer recommend the XT to anybody until the promised features arrive.

Wouldn't pass them another penny.

The etrayz however, works great. especially now you can php additonal features via installer.

My enthusiasm has long worn off

totally agree with you they move the goalposts are often as it suits them yet you try to explain its not right on thier site & they delete your post, ive already started looking for a more trustworthy alternative

Do any of you guys use any of the community projects on the XT, like the RSS moviewall or the RSS feeds ???

It's things like those that make the XT a bit better.

I agree about what is stated on the website and said in the forums, it is NOT what was advertised, apparently V3 fw will be out soon but when is soon.

The XT pro looks really good, but so did the XT, they say the XT pro SHOULD have the moviejukebox from the start but they don't promise it will be there from the start.

btw...almost all the other media players over hype their products, I wouldn't trust any of them but I am really happy with the XT, I actually have 2 of them. The Etrayz...well thats another thing, I haven't a barney about that even though ms2005 has tried to explain it to me (cheers m8). I just don't think the Etrayz and me are compatible...:proud:

@ Jaffa I use the enhancements mate. The moviewall haa left me behind a little though. I don't even know if it is useable in its current state as my movies are on a HD on my main pc. The way I see the movie wall at the moment is that it only see's movies that are stored on an internal HD or on a usb hd/stick. Dont get me wrong I do have an internal HD but I only reformatted it the other day as I wanted to try it out with an EXT3 file system. So I only have like 1 or 2 movies and a bunch of music on there. I also have my modpack installed on my EXT3 HD and also have the rss menu running. Oh and also Internet radio I have added the huge list of radio stations to it and that works well too.

As for the Etrayz lol - I had it from the 1st batch of deliveries. And Ive not even opened the box yet. I was away visiting relatives in england when it arrived just before xmas. And I just haven't got round to playing with it yet lmao. I am afraid i have a pretty short attention span lol I have been mucking around jtagging 360's ect over the last month hehe. Im sure I'll dig it out soon and have a tinker.

Do any of you guys use any of the community projects on the XT, like the RSS moviewall or the RSS feeds ???
yeh m8 ive tried the rss feeds & 2 b honest i like it but it just shows that we only have that cause of ppl that have played with the xtreamer & not from official sources, if theyd make it open source then a lot more would get done but if you ask about when are gonna give us open source on thier forum they delete the post so it just shows thier not going to like promised

a quote taken from 1 of thier admins on thier site
"And may I remind you guys that the Xtreamer forum is not a "soap-box" forum. Nor is it a "freedom of speech" forum. We have rules. Rules that you all agreed to abide by when you joined."

imho the xt pro is just another nail in xtreamers coffin

I just think the RSS, like most 'enhancements' is just too fiddly and time consuming. I don't want to spend time loading it, looking into how it work etc etc I just want to go to Media Library>Movies (one click too many if you ask me) and it be a Jukebox wall.

I have played with the skins thanks to a hint from here but again, all too much hassle for my likings.

The etrayz, well for me its a glorified nas, i occasionaly use the rapidbox function, I love the RSS auto download, unpack, rename and move to correct folder for NZBs.

The web GUI works fine, no problems. There is a simply installer for enhancements for the etrayz just load putty code from the XT website and the go to etrayz IP address:8000/installer and select what you want to install / uninstall.

I know what you mean about being fiddly, tbh if the guys on XT forum didn't make the things easy I wouldn't them it but the RSS feeds are so easy, even I can use them.

XTfeeder is a great wee program, install on your pc and a few clicks later it will update the Menu.rss with all the new feeds.

I like the custom rss feeds, some good hd content and nature programs on it. If it wasn't for Xtfeeder I wouldn't have even tried it.

I am seriously considering getting the Xt Pro.

Yeah! Got my kit today, and spent 30 mins setting it up before I got called away. Looks good on first view, and even the wife thought she might be get on with it, (that was the plan!)

Gonna start loading it up, and reading up on their site to see what's what...

Any advice Jaffa and co, to get me off and running and any sage advice to share? (I've already nabbed a load of your skins Jaffa mate, they look great! Thank you.)

Yeah! Got my kit today, and spent 30 mins setting it up before I got called away. Looks good on first view, and even the wife thought she might be get on with it, (that was the plan!)

Gonna start loading it up, and reading up on their site to see what's what...

Any advice Jaffa and co, to get me off and running and any sage advice to share? (I've already nabbed a load of your skins Jaffa mate, they look great! Thank you.)

Just have a look at their forum for interesting stuff.

Things you should consider.

Install Xskins, that way you dont have to download any skins directly, you just go to the Xskins web gui and click on them....real easy. Xskins is updated almost everyday. There is a real good skin maker on the forum, thing he may be a designer or something, the skins he makes are really excellent.

Install XTfeeder to your pc/laptop, that will create a good up to date RSS list for you, some good HD content on that.

Not sure about the moviewall as I haven't tried it much.

Use the favorites menu, it saves you going through a load of pages to get where you want. When you want to save something to favorites, just press 8 (function key) and add to favorites.

Thanks Jaffa, appreciate that. Just waiting for the missus to get off the TV so I can have a quick play before hitting the sack.

Thanks Jaffa, appreciate that. Just waiting for the missus to get off the TV so I can have a quick play before hitting the sack.

When you are finish playing with your wife, you will find the XT a nice bit of kit........:proud:

New XT Firmware out again. Anybody updated yet? (Xtreamer_2.3 version)

Back