Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just ordered my etrayz! Anybody else brought an Xtreamer?

looks like you will be turning it back on at about the middle of next week then - hope nfs streaming is sorted :(

Yeah I know hawkish, reason it is off is because if you can't stream from the ET to the XT with the menu then its pants.

btw....I haven't forgot the DW skin m8...honest.

I know the XS doesn't come with a 2.5" HDD, so that needs to be taken into account, but does the WDTV include a HDD, does any one know...?

Really tempted by one of these now as the lad is now getting into his Disney films big time, and it'd make life much easier for all. If the WD comes complete with HDD, I'll probably just get that, although I did really like the XS when I saw it in action.

you could probably buy either of them with a hdd pre installed but it would be cheaper to get your hdd from ebuyer and fit it - its very easy to do on either machine

you could probably buy either of them with a hdd pre installed but it would be cheaper to get your hdd from ebuyer and fit it - its very easy to do on either machine

Yeah mate sorry, I realise that, that wasn't what I meant. I'm just wondering if the WD is shipped with a HDD preinstalled?

I've seen the WD somewhere (can't recall where now, & bookmarked on other PC) but it makes no mention of HDD at all.

Oh right, none of these media players come with the HDD as standard - so if you are paying about a ton for either the wdtv or xtreamer then you can expect it empty on arrival.

Oh right, none of these media players come with the HDD as standard - so if you are paying about a ton for either the wdtv or xtreamer then you can expect it empty on arrival.

Excellent mate, thanks. IIRC the WD was coming in at about £60, so looks like I'll go for that one then. :)

Yeah mate sorry, I realise that, that wasn't what I meant. I'm just wondering if the WD is shipped with a HDD preinstalled?

I've seen the WD somewhere (can't recall where now, & bookmarked on other PC) but it makes no mention of HDD at all.
As far as I know you cannot install a hard drive internally to the WDTV, WDTV Live nor WDTV mini.

in process off movin so havent really used my xtreamer but the youtube on it i thought was pants anyway. the videos wee crap quality.could just be me though but i tired changin settins but still no luck. as for puttin films on it. do ya just make a new folder and stick it in there. does just puttin the image or do u need to put the video ts files. i got a new harddrive for it for 60 quid but just havent got round to stickin films on it yet. hopefully by the time i move house theres another new firmware for it with what jaffa said

Just create as many folders as you want on root of hdd, I have folders for tv series and a folder for films, inside the films folder I have individual folders for each film, if you put a jpg in the folder and call it Folder.jpeg then as you navigate over each film folder it shows the jpeg.

I think the new firmware will be a month or 2 away, they said the 1st quater of 2010 so that could be end of March or next week (unlikely).

I have seen a video of another Realtec media player with new gui and it is totally different.

I dont have the video or dont know where to find it or I would have linked to it, I saw it in the XT chat.

Excellent mate, thanks. IIRC the WD was coming in at about £60, so looks like I'll go for that one then. :)

Be careful it is not a wd mini or a wdtv version 1 for that price. Version 1 does not support dts sound but version 2 does and wdtv live also supports it.

Be careful it is not a wd mini or a wdtv version 1 for that price. Version 1 does not support dts sound but version 2 does and wdtv live also supports it.

Ok thanks mate, appreciate that. I will double check when on t'other PC.

As far as I know you cannot install a hard drive internally to the WDTV, WDTV Live nor WDTV mini.

So, storage is built in then? I could see no mention of capacity hence my questions. Seems I'll have some research to do. Thanks mate.

Ok thanks mate, appreciate that. I will double check when on t'other PC.

Have a look at thread below Dazza m8, purity bought a wdtv and done a bit of hunting to find a V2 one.

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/225179/

btw...I also have a wdtv, good bit of kit, but IF you install custom firmware it is a really good piece of kit.

Regarding the hdd on wdtv, I think little_pob meant they do not have an internal at all, you attach externals to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think I'm gonna go for the XT after doing lots of reading.

Don't suppose anybody has got a discount code to use, before I place my order? (Long shot I suspect!)

Ta.

Hi guys,

getting interested on this but when I try to get more info from their website, it doesnt fill me with confidence about their product because their website is very poor to be honest.
Lots of copy and paste info, dead links and broken pages :(
Maybe I'm looking at the wrong place?

Xtreamer.Net - Home

Hi guys,

getting interested on this but when I try to get more info from their website, it doesnt fill me with confidence about their product because their website is very poor to be honest.
Lots of copy and paste info, dead links and broken pages :(
Maybe I'm looking at the wrong place?

Xtreamer.Net - Home

i have this bud but still really havent got round to fartin about due to moving about but heres the website

Xtreamer Official Forum • Portal

jaffa will be able to give ya more info as soon as he is on bud

i have this bud but still really havent got round to fartin about due to moving about but heres the website

Xtreamer Official Forum • Portal

jaffa will be able to give ya more info as soon as he is on bud

cheers m8 I did see the forum my point was that their website doesnt look very professional and had I not seen all the rave reviews from here about it before going to their website, I would have stayed clear of it based on past experience.

any hoo I'll try to convince the wife that this is an essential equipment that simply must be bought :)

cheers

cheers m8 I did see the forum my point was that their website doesnt look very professional and had I not seen all the rave reviews from here about it before going to their website, I would have stayed clear of it based on past experience.

any hoo I'll try to convince the wife that this is an essential equipment that simply must be bought :)

cheers

Suppose it depends which forum skin you use as to how professional it looks. Its a lot better now than what it used to be but still can be hard to find what you want.

As for XT, its a really brilliant piece of kit and is getting better all the time, yeah it has some stuff missing like jukebox but that is definetly coming along.

Most media players are o.k, the likes of the wdtv is good but better if you use custom firmware. The XT has developers working on it all the time and they have added stuff like radio stations or the squeezebox radio.

I don't think you would be dissapointed if you got an XT but I guess its a matter of opinion and what exactly you want it for.

The Etrayz new firmware has just been released and I am going to try it either today or tomorrow, the Etrayz so far has been a dissapointment for me but I hope it will improve.

The Etrayz new firmware has just been released and I am going to try it either today or tomorrow, the Etrayz so far has been a dissapointment for me but I hope it will improve.

Yeah mate same for me, i put 2 Wd 1.5TB's in it and can only recognise one, which they should have patched during beta testing and or also gave out a list of drives that they tested and worked.

There is a script to stop the disc from spinning down whihc i guess is ok for it to detect but no point if the drive is always active even if you awayf form it for any peripod of time.

The new firmware still hasnt addressed this. :(

if they dont solve it soon, it will be getting flogged.

Back