Just ordered my etrayz! Anybody else brought an Xtreamer?

Another F/W update. (v2.3.1) It's a patch for for the previous 2.3 release which had a couple of issues. 2.3 needs to be applied first though, before going to 2.3.1.

I'm still only scratching the surface with this, but so far I really like it. And I'm already at looking thinking of getting another one for upstairs. One of the biggest benefits for this household is that it's a doddle to use, and already the Missus and nipper have the hang of it. (Massive + point me, is that.)

Another F/W update. (v2.3.1) It's a patch for for the previous 2.3 release which had a couple of issues. 2.3 needs to be applied first though, before going to 2.3.1.

I'm still only scratching the surface with this, but so far I really like it. And I'm already at looking thinking of getting another one for upstairs. One of the biggest benefits for this household is that it's a doddle to use, and already the Missus and nipper have the hang of it. (Massive + point me, is that.)

Theres another coming soon 2.3.2 (it's in beta testing). Fixes a few issues especially with internet feeds freezing if you use externall hdd. I have tried it and it does stop the freezing issues.

NEW FEATURES

1. Different behavior for “Enter” and “Play” buttons.
    “Enter” – only one file is played. “Play” – file by file playback.
  2. Network Shares support via Xtreamer Web Server
    a. Listing all network shares
    b. Auto mount while click
    c. Play network media files using web media player
    d. Play network media files/folder directly on TV by clicking “Play” icon
    e. Download network shared files from Xtreamer web server
    f. Upload to Network share and file manager function for net shares are not implemented yet
  3. rtsp” protocol support added for Internet section
    a. Example:
    <item>
    <title>test rtsp</title>
    <enclosure type=”video/mp4″ url=”rtsp://live2.ncnews.com.cn/sjb”/>
    </item>
    b. We are also considering to support “mms” streaming
BUGFIXES
  1. HDMI option selection for different TV compatibility
    a. If there is any compatibility issue with default HDMI setting for your TV, select other option from “Setup->A/V->HDMI Compatibility Set->HDMI optionX”
    b. Reboot Xtreamer and check compatibility
    c. Current beta release default HDMI setting is same as Xtreamer V2.1.3
    d. Please reply to forum with your TV model and HDMI option which fits best.
  2. Creates swap file in external storage if internal HDD don’t exists while entering Internet section
    a. Creates swap file to face crash or freeze problem in Internet menu
    b. If internal HDD don’t have swap file, it will be created automatically
    c. If external storage removed during using Internet section (if no internal HDD exists), Xtreamer will freeze or crash
    d. Debugging to solve crash problem while both internal and external storage doesn’t exist
  3. Information and screenshot display via web Remote Control for Network Share files
    a. Image and audio/video file playback via web Remote Control (if default media player exists like QuickTime) for Net Share files

@OP and any others who have an eTrayz.

Have any of you guys tried theHiJackers php installer?

What a nice app and very easy for non linux ppl to install run, remove apps.

some very nice apps on there,

the miniDNLA server now show the etrays up on the xbox360, whixh is nice. twonky also works and does this but only 30 trial then u need to purchase.

SABnzbd is also nice on it, set it up to get nzb's from rss and it will leech, unpack and delete the rars afterwords.

should defo check it out if you havnt already.

installer.png

Yeah I have tried it kruger but I don't like my ET, maybe thats not the right way to put it...I don't think I need it so therefore don't use mine. Hasn't been powered up in weeks.

The Xtreamer on the other hand has come on leaps and bounds and the internet rss feeds are excellent.

yeah the etrayz could be a hell of a lot better, with the apps and the ease of the installer ust opens up the functionality a little bit.

i dont have a xtreamer and dnt think i would buy one, not due to the fact of the product but the company. They hype up their products before they hit the market and take pre orders and they dont live up to what they promise.

then by reading the forums they have you can see how many ppl they upset by not communicating. slowly they are getting the products to be where they should have been on release.

so in short decent products one shit company imho.

as for anything like this, media players etc, they seem to have a short time at top of the tree so to speak. the PCH boxes where great when they came out couple of years ago, still good boxes but now you can get better for less money an so on.

i think one to look out for soon is the popbox, they look promising.

I can only agree 100% with you kruger. The XT community is the driving force but that is a good thing, so many people doing all the mods for it is making it a worthwhile product.

I am probably going to try and get shot of my Etrayz and get the XT pro. That will be basically the same as XT but with a bit more memory but be able to have two 3.5" hdd's in it, so it looks like an ET but is an XT pro.

I cant get thehijackers installer working at all, unzipped it to etrayz/WWW/abc and when I navigate here I get a 404 error

did u just put in the usrl or the full socket by socket i mean the port number alos.

h**p://YOURDNSNAME.myetrayz.net:8000/installer/index.php

the easiest way i found i just copied and pasted the SSH shell commands to download and put in dir automatically.

hi guys

been using my etrayz for a while now and liking its NAS functionality.

i have added 2x internal drives which work well in raid1 but i now want to add a 500gb external usb drive.

ive attached it to the etrayz using the top USB slot, at first i left the hard drive formatted as NTFS and i could see the external disk but could not write anything to it, apparently its read only, so i installed the hijackers installer and installed NTFS-3G for read/write access but this didn't work.

so i then formatted the usb drive to ext3 using a linux live cd but now cant even connect to it.

what am i doing wrong?

Would i be able to use the xtreamer to access my sattelite recievers web interface via an ip address?

@ Jaffa, I see the XT guys have finally got a Jukebox almost ready for release. Have you managed a sneak peak of it running yet? Looks good from the screengrabs posted...

@ Jaffa, I see the XT guys have finally got a Jukebox almost ready for release. Have you managed a sneak peak of it running yet? Looks good from the screengrabs posted...

Yes it is almost ready, anyone can have a sneak peak because they released a small demo, it just shows what it will look like. I tried it on XT and XT Pro and it looks good but needs to work a bit smoother...which they are working on.

Yes it is almost ready, anyone can have a sneak peak because they released a small demo, it just shows what it will look like. I tried it on XT and XT Pro and it looks good but needs to work a bit smoother...which they are working on.

Cool, thanks. I didn't read the whole thread because I can't cope with their forum layout, it really gives me grief for some reason, and it seems they've disabled alternative skins again, so I just skimmed a few things...

Certainly looks good though. Proof will be in the pudding I guess!

Had my extreamer for a few weeks now and just starting to play about with it. Its played everything I have tried so far and I have had a few tiny things go wrong. Trying to fast forward or rewind some files it just freezes if I try to go to fast. Not a problem because I dont skip much just if you miss a bit you want to go back.

I have been trying to change the skin for about 7 hours now and cannot get rid of the 404 error when trying to do it through the exteamer. I have now done it through the network and seems to have worked . I have also came across a few files on the feeds that say they cannot play this media, thing like the extreamer news feeds , discovery channel and a few others. Again this is no great loss as the main reason I got it was to stream from my PC . I now want to get a NAS drive set up so I dont have to leave my PC on all the time. This is also why I dont have a hard drive in the extreamer and am using a pen drive for the skins. It has also been freezing on me a bit today so have had to turn it off and back on again.

The good thing is its keeping me fit. Its downstairs and the pc is upstairs so Ive been back and forward all day. Its wired to my router and the firmware is 2.3.1.

Any tips ?

Had my extreamer for a few weeks now and just starting to play about with it. Its played everything I have tried so far and I have had a few tiny things go wrong. Trying to fast forward or rewind some files it just freezes if I try to go to fast. Not a problem because I dont skip much just if you miss a bit you want to go back.

I have been trying to change the skin for about 7 hours now and cannot get rid of the 404 error when trying to do it through the exteamer. I have now done it through the network and seems to have worked . I have also came across a few files on the feeds that say they cannot play this media, thing like the extreamer news feeds , discovery channel and a few others. Again this is no great loss as the main reason I got it was to stream from my PC . I now want to get a NAS drive set up so I dont have to leave my PC on all the time. This is also why I dont have a hard drive in the extreamer and am using a pen drive for the skins. It has also been freezing on me a bit today so have had to turn it off and back on again.

The good thing is its keeping me fit. Its downstairs and the pc is upstairs so Ive been back and forward all day. Its wired to my router and the firmware is 2.3.1.

Any tips ?

Newer firmwares will sort you out, 2.3.3 is very stable for me on both XT and XT Pro. Hvent had time to try any other later beta firmwares but from what I see they are coming along nicely.

The online streams are dependant on the server they are on, if they go down then you get the cannot play media.

Personally I use Xskins to change the skins, always seemed the quickest way for me.

I have an Etrayz Nas sitting gathering dust because I have no need for it, I dont use Nas drives, apparently you can do quite a lot with it but I never really gave it the time as I was always busy with XT. I just bought it cos it was cheap when bought with an XT...lol

Now thats service for you !!!!

I have been on the Xtreamer forums all day and its a bit much to take in when your a noob to these things. Ive read a bit about the etrayz and it soounds good , I just want one so I dont have to leave my PC on all the time and have the bigger drive that if I decide to move away from it I can always put the HD in my PC. I will try the new FW but thought 2.3.1. was the latest.

Now thats service for you !!!!

I have been on the Xtreamer forums all day and its a bit much to take in when your a noob to these things. Ive read a bit about the etrayz and it soounds good , I just want one so I dont have to leave my PC on all the time and have the bigger drive that if I decide to move away from it I can always put the HD in my PC. I will try the new FW but thought 2.3.1. was the latest.

2.3.1 is the latest release, I beta test so I get to try them out before release.

If you are considering an Etrayz, I could put mine in the buy and sell section of the forum if you want. It has only been used for a few hours and still have the box etc. Only if you want mind you, I wont sell it any other way but on here. I have held on to it longer than I thought but no sense now as I dont use it. I aint trying to coax you to buy it or anything, just offering you if you want it.

Back