Just ordered my etrayz! Anybody else brought an Xtreamer?

jaffa, etrayz 1.0.3 is out - have you bothered dusting it off and installing as i havent got round to it yet?

Yeah hawkish m8, I installed it just to see if it would iunstall without problems as some people state it doesn't install properly, it installed perfect and only took a few minutes. I haven't played around with it yet, simply because I don't really know eff all about nas drives. Apparently it still stutters if playing stuff directly from the Etrayz button in XT but they say its an XT problem which will be sorted with next XT fw.

All I did waqs download new firmware, go to ET gui and upload the file through that, it loaded and rebooted....simples.

Then I turned it back off...lol

Suppose it depends which forum skin you use as to how professional it looks. Its a lot better now than what it used to be but still can be hard to find what you want.

As for XT, its a really brilliant piece of kit and is getting better all the time, yeah it has some stuff missing like jukebox but that is definetly coming along.

Most media players are o.k, the likes of the wdtv is good but better if you use custom firmware. The XT has developers working on it all the time and they have added stuff like radio stations or the squeezebox radio.

I don't think you would be dissapointed if you got an XT but I guess its a matter of opinion and what exactly you want it for.

The Etrayz new firmware has just been released and I am going to try it either today or tomorrow, the Etrayz so far has been a dissapointment for me but I hope it will improve.

Hi Jaffa - if i read your posts right I think you have both XT and WDTV.

which one is better?

I'm looking to watch films on my tv (most probably HD films) and I want the quality in terms of pic and sound to be good without stuttering

I stream from my laptop to PS3 or sometimes from my router to PS3 but I sometimes get stuttering - and it spoils it for me. I think I wont get this with the XT as it just plugs into the back of the TV or AV right?

Can I also ask where you bought yours and price you paid?

thanks

guys ive got a xtreamer what type of HD do I need for it as streaming is very jittery and i assume i can load movies to the HD when fitted

i also seem to have a problem with the HDMI connection it seems lose and loses the connection continually anyone else have this fault

i am also very interested in the etrays is it mac compatible ?

guys ive got a xtreamer what type of HD do I need for it as streaming is very jittery and i assume i can load movies to the HD when fitted

i also seem to have a problem with the HDMI connection it seems lose and loses the connection continually anyone else have this fault

What firmware is on the XT Paul. It will say on main screen bottom right. ???

For what its worth......hold off on the etrayz m8, only my opinion but its not that good at the minute but I believe it will be after a couple more firmware updates. It is mac compatible.

Hi Jaffa - if i read your posts right I think you have both XT and WDTV.

which one is better?

I'm looking to watch films on my tv (most probably HD films) and I want the quality in terms of pic and sound to be good without stuttering

I stream from my laptop to PS3 or sometimes from my router to PS3 but I sometimes get stuttering - and it spoils it for me. I think I wont get this with the XT as it just plugs into the back of the TV or AV right?

Can I also ask where you bought yours and price you paid?

thanks

I have had no stuttering at all from the XT, unless I am trying to watch stuff from the etrayz but thats not an issue if you dont use etrayz.

A lot of the stuff watched on my tv is hd (mkv) files and no issues at all now, there was a few stutters with early firmware but seems to be cured now.

I got mine from the XT shop and it was 99 euros + 20 euros delivery but I think you can get them on Ebay for £99 (not sure of delivery charge).

got mine from ebay because of waiting times on the actual xt site, i paid 107 delivered for mine and im sure there still around that now all these months later.

got the free wifi with mine at the time as there was no cooler thingy not that its needed tbh, mines fine and doesnt make a lot of noise and those that do have noisy ones can turn the fan down in the settings,

one of the first if not the first on here with one and proud to big them up as they are a good piece of kit,

If you're after a NAS drive system, you might want to consider the Netgear ReadyNAS units. Comes in different varieties (Sparc or x86) and you can do lots with it. It's more pricey than the EZ Trays, but been a cracking bit of kit IMHO. I'd not be without mine.

Xtreamer firmware 2.2 has been released.

Download here
Xtreamer 2.2 Release Notes(from 2.1.3)

New features

1. Blu-ray simple navigation.

a. Chapter navigation.(GOTO or Next button)

b. Audio navigation(AUDIO button)

c. Subtitle navigation(SUBTITLE button)

2. Ken Burns slideshow effect

a. During Photo playback.

b. Setup->Playback-Ken burns Slideshow Effect.

3. Hue & Saturation

a. Setup->A/V->Hue, Saturation.

4. Multi Audio output.(HDMI only)

a. Output AAC/FLAC/OGG/WAV 5.1 PCM

b. Setup->A/V->Digital output.

5. Wireless network

a. Static IP

b. WPS

6. DVD/Blu-ray folder auto play.

a. If folder is DVD/Blu-ray folder structure, Appear select window of “Browser folder and auto playback”

7. New RSS video (HD) sites added in Internet menu.

8. Change custom GUI image.

a. Web page->Setup->TV skin.

b. Support 16bits BMP(656 format)

9. Custom RSS(Personal) option in “Internet” menu to use user’s customized script from internal HDD.

Improvements

10. “Return” button acts as stop button, during video playback

11. Wireless Network performance.

12. eTrayz mount option from UDP to TCP

a. Media Library -> eTray.

13. Internet sites support H.264(mp4) streaming.

14. Internet video playback.

a. Default playback resolution from 320x240 to full screen

b. Fast forward 1.0x->0.5x->0.8x->1.2x->1.5x->2.0x

15. Photo display quality.

16. Recognize ext3 file system in internet HDD.

17. USB HDD detection much faster.

18. Web GUI downloading works stable.

19. Xtreamer Restart from Web GUI

a. Setup->NAS Mode->Restart

20. added fast forward speed 1.1x during Video playback.

21. Change volume window position from bottom to top.

Bugs fixed

22. Official DVD can’t playback used by GL811 chip DVD device.

23. MKV+DTS out of sync.

24. External USB HDD detect error.

a. Samsung S1 mini (1.8inch external USB storage)

25. If TS file has internal subtitle, can’t display subtitle.

26. Subtitle visible when screen saver is on.

yay my XTreamer arrived today! can't wait to go home and try it! :)

Xtreamer firmware 2.2 has been released.
thanx jaffa installed great but couldnt get the mod pack skins to work after had to modify the skins.php file but @ least i now got my 24 skin back on lol

oh & thanx for that as well brillant work :):):):)

rep left

thanx jaffa installed great but couldnt get the mod pack skins to work after had to modify the skins.php file but @ least i now got my 24 skin back on lol

oh & thanx for that as well brillant work :):):):)

rep left

Did you try the XMP_Light version for skins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally had a chance to test the Xtreamer last night (very late) and I must say I was well impressed. Played the films I had problems playing before and using HDMI pix was great.

The instruction manual was a bit thin so I was wondering if any of you guys know where I can get what each of the settings mean or what is the optimum settings pls?

thanks

Back