Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just got the dreaded YLOD

robc11

DW Regular
Not sure whether to put this in Rant room or in here lol:Laugh:.I was playing on COD:WAW last night when my PS3 locked up and switched off, i thought oh well must just have switched itself off. So i tried switching it back on and the light turned yellow then switched off and flashed red with 3 beeps, which means a hardware fault:grayno:. I phoned up Sony support line like what was posted a while back, and im getting a refurbed model sent out on the 29th with 3 months warranty and a copy of COD:WAW seeing as mine is stuck in the PS3. Has this happened to anyone before and did anyone manage to get their save games off the hdd by connecting it to the computer? Ive got over a week with no PS3 now will have to wait to see if santa brings me a Wii on Thursday now:Laugh:.

Is this only happening to people playing WAW if so treyarch or activision have a hell of a lot to answer for

I have heard that is happening a lot to people playing WAW but not every single one though, when i did a quick google last night when it happened there was a few results from some WAW forums. I dont think that anyone will blame Treyarch tbh though mate i think the blame lies with sony, hence why even though my PS3 is out of warranty im getting a 'complimentary gift' replacment as the guy from sony tech called it.

Sorry to hear that rob,my cod has froze about 3 times since ive had it but after a reboot its worked ok,guner b scared now too play it lol,cya online soon then m8

find the emergency eject hole on the disc tray.. and eject the disc..

2 copys of cod for ya :p

sorry to hear the bad news

mine's just done the same whilst playing waw, so looks like i'll be on the phone to sony tomorrow, warrenty is 8 months out tho, so hope they'll exchange.

You'll get one deffo mate i had since about July/August 2007 and it was out of warranty but they are giving me the refurbished model and a copy of WAW. Thy say the replacements have gone under extreme testing and they have replaced all the faulty components, they will be just like mine which is going back, thy have found the problem and fixed it. I didnt even have a receipt and thy are exchanging it probs because they know of the faults so will replace thm with no questions asked.

cheers for the reassurance, did ya phone 08705 99 88 77, cause just tried expecting to hear a answer phone message of there opening times and its coming up number not in use....

I'm gunner be like Zoo and scared to play COD WAW now....lol. Santa said he was gonna get it for me and I was looking forward to a late night Thursday playing it :(

cheers for the reassurance, did ya phone 08705 99 88 77, cause just tried expecting to hear a answer phone message of there opening times and its coming up number not in use....

Yeah that's the one i used mate, the non geographical number (01923653598) doen't work, i tried it first. I got through first time wasn't expecting anybody there on a Sunday and this was bout 4ish mate,they may just close the line when no ones home lol just give it a try in the morning. The earliest they could get mine here for was the 29th so if u ring tomorrow you may get one for the 30th.

I'm gunner be like Zoo and scared to play COD WAW now....lol. Santa said he was gonna get it for me and I was looking forward to a late night Thursday playing it :(

What version PS3 you got Cliff mate, i believe its mainly happening to the early 60Gb models, they seem to have sorted the problem happening on the later models but still not 100%. From what ive read it a overheating problem causing some sort of hardware fault so as long as your PS3 is in a coolish room you'll be alright, also try to keep it dust free if possible just stick a powerful hoover in the vents or even do the fan trick to kick the dust out.

What version PS3 you got Cliff mate, i believe its mainly happening to the early 60Gb models, they seem to have sorted the problem happening on the later models but still not 100%. From what ive read it a overheating problem causing some sort of hardware fault so as long as your PS3 is in a coolish room you'll be alright, also try to keep it dust free if possible just stick a powerful hoover in the vents or even do the fan trick to kick the dust out.

Just got mine from Santa last year mate (40Gb) so might be alright :). I've got mine in a big sideboard kind of thing and I need to keep the door open or the fan comes on really quick. The missus is a cald tattie and always has the heating on full blast that doesn't help matters but I've not had a problem so far.............Touch wood :)

thanks rob i'll try in the morning, mine was the early 60gb one so hopefully the 40's are fine.. looks like i'll be up the pub every night now, gutted..lol :drink:

thanks rob i'll try in the morning, mine was the early 60gb one so hopefully the 40's are fine.. looks like i'll be up the pub every night now, gutted..lol :drink:

No probs mate they actually replace it with another 60gb models so that you wont lose the compatability, 4 X USB ports etc. Looks like ill be on here all night for the next few nights now lol or till at least :xmas:Santa brings me a wii, i really hope ive got one now so ill something to do from Thrursday till Monday, i keep bugging our lass to tell me if shes got me one but she wont and im also trying to get it early now lol :licka: Only thing is we will have lost all our save games now as we cant get on to back it up, but im in the process of hooking it up to my computer and figuring out a way.

Last edited:
i have the 60gb model and i've completed WAW and had no problems

i must be one of the lucky ones!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i just one of these for my wee lad i hope . any advice like should i just not let him play that one game or has it happend on others .

Only thing is we will have lost all our save games now as we cant get on to back it up, but im in the process of hooking it up to my computer and figuring out a way.

unfortunately mate, there is no way to recover these files using your pc. u cant even put the Hd in another ps3, as it will be formatted as soon as u turn it on. so u will need to start all your games over again.

unfortunately mate, there is no way to recover these files using your pc. u cant even put the Hd in another ps3, as it will be formatted as soon as u turn it on. so u will need to start all your games over again.

Yep i figured that now lol spent all last night till midnight trying it to no avail lol. Oh well gives me a reason to go back through all my games and replay the ones i loved.

Only thing is we will have lost all our save games now as we cant get on to back it up, but im in the process of hooking it up to my computer and figuring out a way.

I dont have a ps3. But could you just use drive image to make a sector to sector backup file and restore the image when you get a fixed ps3

I've got a few game saves if you want them Rob11, but you might enjoy the fun of playing them all again. unless it's GTA4 as second time around i found it's very boring.
glad ur up and running again m8

Back