Just got the dreaded YLOD

Settled on Console Doctor found on the web, £70.00 with 6 months warranty, so heres hoping:Clap:

Settled on Console Doctor found on the web, £70.00 with 6 months warranty, so heres hoping:Clap:

just got my ps3 back after the YLOD - realy fast fixed took it in thursday morin, got phone call about 2ish pm today all working and as Nelly said 6 months warranty :). if your local drop it in. nice bunch of lads.

Well the Ps3 has gone belly up again, 5 months since Console doctor repair, have logged the unit for a warranty repair, will let you all know how i get on. Heres hoping they are as good as there word.
[of course it had Modern Warfare 2 in] : shocked2

Last edited:
Well the Ps3 has gone belly up again, 5 months since Console doctor repair, have logged the unit for a warranty repair, will let you all know how i get on. Heres hoping they are as good as there word.
[of course it had Modern Warfare 2 in] : shocked2

Well there is good news & bad news. Another £20.00 to get it there, then reported it is no more, beyond repair...... Offered to return unit & original £70.00 back to me.... thats no good, kids & no PS3 is a bad mix!
So already £40.00 out of pocket due to postage.....Then
Settled on a discounted upgrade, not really any discount as controller is removed so unit is no cheaper than buying new complete unit, but on the bright side for the kids, bloody game got returned as well, oh well........

Well there is good news & bad news. Another £20.00 to get it there, then reported it is no more, beyond repair...... Offered to return unit & original £70.00 back to me.... thats no good, kids & no PS3 is a bad mix!
So already £40.00 out of pocket due to postage.....Then
Settled on a discounted upgrade, not really any discount as controller is removed so unit is no cheaper than buying new complete unit, but on the bright side for the kids, bloody game got returned as well, oh well........

my just gone again after 4 months :( phoned up going to take it in, tomorrow, if they fix it, going to sell it on flybay asap and get a slim one. will let you know now i get on.

Good luck with the repair, if its not repairable and weather you go for the upgrade or not ask for your old unit back , I missed this trick (and didn't) but a broken ps3 will still be worth something as spares. even on fleabay advertised as broken only good for spares.

I got the YLOD just after xmas, decided to fix it myself and to my surprise it worked, pain in the ass with the clips and remembering where the screws go. I decided to get a slim one and use my fat one as a blueray player upstairs.

But also done another one for a mate, which lasted 2 months and then died again. But he put it on ebay as spares. He got about £50 for the blueray drive and £15 for the power unit

it will always happen

i mean once you've had the ylod it will always come back again. their is no permanent fix,

you could fix it and then sell it straight on for some cash,

or you could just get a serial no. and give sony a ring, tell them you've got ylod and get a free replacement!!

done it many times myself

well got it back all working fine BUT when playing a game of any kind the fan noise is loud as fcuk, keep thinking its going to take off? any ideas? its as if the fan speed has been turn up to full blast. will see how long it will last this time.

Not much use I'm sorry but, you cant open it to see if its seated correctly as I assume they have renewed your warranty? Best thing is to drop them a line, but no doubt they want it back for a look and thats more postage.

Maybe time to Sell it on e-bay and put it towards a NEW ONE!

well got it back all working fine BUT when playing a game of any kind the fan noise is loud as fcuk, keep thinking its going to take off? any ideas? its as if the fan speed has been turn up to full blast. will see how long it will last this time.

if i was you m8 i would get rid of it as soon as!!

because the YLOD will come bak and haunt you on your machine

Back