Just got myself a TM-500:)

sargie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
After spending a whole day trying to figure out how i could stream my sat feed to my bedroom i suddenly thought....why not get another linux reciever!

Ive got the cable already just gonna pop out today and get some f connectors and some more cable clips etc. Then im going multi room wooh.

I got a TM 2 twin output lnb to replace my existing single output lnb. I know only one box will be able to drive the motor but thats not really an issue because im nearly always locked on to 28.2e anyway.

But looking forward to trying the TM-500 sounds like a great box from what i have read.

Use ToneDeff's channel list, and the EPG guide and youll be sorted m8 ;)

Ive grabbed the latest UR image off here and tonedeffs channel/epg lists. What proggy do i need to flash them over? It's all done over the network with these boxes isnt it?

I already have flash fxp as my ftp programe and i use dreamsett to send channel lists over to my cube revo running e2. Can i use those or is there a specific Technomate proggy?

you can use an ftp prog, or the receivers in built miniweb for flashing, its in the sticky at the top of the section how to use it m8 ;)

you can use an ftp prog, or the receivers in built miniweb for flashing, its in the sticky at the top of the section how to use it m8 ;)

Thanks m8ty, just been reading actualy about Ur images and the widescreen issue should i use that image or not?

Ive grabbed the latest UR image off here and tonedeffs channel/epg lists. What proggy do i need to flash them over? It's all done over the network with these boxes isnt it?

I already have flash fxp as my ftp programe and i use dreamsett to send channel lists over to my cube revo running e2. Can i use those or is there a specific Technomate proggy?

I always flash with "TM Loader" and haven't had any troubles.. "crosses fingers", there are lots of methods guess it's just personal preference really, but i'd say don't bother with null modem unless it's not booting.

i always use flashfxp for any ftp stuff and works fine, including setting "attributes (CHMOD)"

and if your going to use my chan list i'd suggest editing/sending with DBedit, as Dreamset doesn't seem to keep some of my bouquet renaming :)

Thanks m8ty, just been reading actualy about Ur images and the widescreen issue should i use that image or not?

this seems to be quite a random bug and doesn't effect all TV's so imo worth trying it first, afaik people are using clublandTV to check as i think most ITV chans have changed resolution so it doesn't effect them anymore, could be wrong.

Trying to ftp to box with flash fxp and it's asking me for a password. Ive read there isnt one but flash fxp wont connect tihout it.

I just get a pop up box asking me for it any ideas?

All up and running thanks to everyone who helped here and on msn ;)

First impressions are good seems a really good box great image from the UR team and tonedeff's channel lists are spot on too.

still don't think ive got the epg sorted out ive ftp'd the file to var/etc but not sure what to do next.

The box itself looks good imo and i find zapping much quicker than my revo. Good quality sd picture too.

Many thanks im all setup now, well chuffed with this box worth every penny.

i thought you was leaving it till tomorrow :proud:

glad its sorted mate

ah hm yeah well i just can't i can't sleep untill it's done! Damn you linux recievers, damn you!

Back