can a fibre optic connection be turned into an aerial

GIO

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a fibre optic cable coming from the loft thru to my tv in bedroom, i use to have a virgin box there but got rid of all the extras in house, only have the main now, the cable is connected to a fibre connection in the other room still, question is - can a fibre optic connection be turned into an aerial can i put a fitting on it and connect it directly to the tv to get freeview from the tv, tv is an LG Smart TV

cheers gio

You say fibre, but it is more than likely just co-axial cable. Virgin is generally fibre as far as cabinet. No fibre to customer's home generally.

Co-axial cable can be used for Terrestrial, Satellite or Cable. Virgin use better cable than Sky or most domestic Terrestrial installations.

I know when VM was anologue you could do this but not sure about digital...i would say not.

I say yes.

Please post a picture of the ends of the cable to get some clarity. Also, I wouldn't cut the co-axial cable, just get some F-plug to belling-lee adapters

As far as cabinet nice one m8 ;)

And for your free to air channel on a Virgin box there all encrypted only get 1 ,2 ,3 ,4 on a good day 🙂

I thought He meant can you plug the virgin cable from the outside cabinet straight to the tv without aerial or cable box.

I thought he wants to make use of the wire. Connect one end to aerial, other end to TV. My comments above were in that context.

I know when VM was anologue you could do this but not sure about digital...i would say not.
That's a right shame, used to be able to do this before. Now the TV shows all the channels as scrambled

Back