just got my ex7000 HD+

j_z90

Member ++
Reaction score
hey guys/girls, just literarily got my box and was wondering do i have to flash with it or does it come with the latest firmware already. Also whats the symbol rate for ex-c/w areas?

Thanks

Try powerscanning on the 6952 Symbrate,if it picks up TP AND channels then enjoy.if not you can try 6887 symbrate.if no joy then you need to flash it....Flashing The EX7000HD using USB

1. Download the required firmware
2. Copy the file to your usb pen or equivalent, ensure filename is (flash.tbn).
3. Insert it into the usb slot and switch power off then back on at the rear switch.
3. box will reboot, open the flash file extract it to its memory and install it automatically.
4. Once flashed its a peice select your desired settings, scan then enjoy.

cheers p3pcy, the first thing i did was to update the firmware. I'm scanning on symbrate 6952. Hopefully it will pick up some channels. I'll let you know how i get on.

Thanks Again

Last edited:
whats the best scan method to use to make sure that all channels are found?

thanks p3pcy for the help. much appreciated

Click on the ,what looks like, scales icon between the green button and the red warning triangle thingy? Im waiting for my ex7000 now, so the info he's (Or she's) provided is definitely handy :Clap:

Last edited:
whats the difference between full power scan and deep scan?

Last edited:
For some reason when i do a deep installation i get two of the same channels for every channel. Does anyone know why?

second day of having my ex7000. its starting to become unresponsive which i have to switch off the box and back on. Could the box be faulty?

For some reason when i do a deep installation i get two of the same channels for every channel. Does anyone know why?

hi j_z90 , i think off it as you would when you manually tune an old tv anolog set , you would get 2 or 3 of say channel 4 and then you would pick the best picture and move it , so this is some what simualar in the fact that one picture may be better than another , but its not always the case , and it also depends where your scanning from as in location and on which network , i.e , pure , ex cw etc .

second day of having my ex7000. its starting to become unresponsive which i have to switch off the box and back on. Could the box be faulty?

im not too sure if you have a faulty box or not mate , but i would start by asking what speed of connection do you have coming to the home that you pay for . a 2meg connection is not enough for tv ( 1 box ) and internet running at the same time , also do you have any splitters or rabbits installed , if so i would check these or try moving the box to the main box on the wall and see if it still happens with no internet connected , also leads from say maplins are not as good as the originals from vermin , so it could be a lead .

hope some of this might help ya m8 , im rocking now without the voice overs , lol , so cheers again m8

i have a subscribed samsung cable box, which is upstairs and the connection is split from the outside. I also have a subscribed 20mb connection which is upstairs to in another room and i have the ex7000 downstairs. when i scan for channels i get 99% strength and between 85-90% quality.

well it sounds like theres no problem with your conections or speeds m8 , so i would proberbly do a factory reset and see if that sorts it out , just make sure to back up your edited channel list etc to a usb pen drive . Q - did you use the STBM manager by any chance to edit your channels ?

p.s , is the firmware upto date aswell ?

Last edited:
Na i didnt use STBM as i dont know how to. The firmware i used was the 12-03-09 one. It only froze when i push the OK button on the remote to bring up the channel line-up and scrolled through the channels. It would be very slow and then when i push ok to select the channel, the software would freeze but the channel would work in the background. I have to add that this only happened when i was deleting channels that i never watched and once after doing a factory reset. But seems to be working now. I hope they come out with new firmware to make the software run quicker.

Thanks for the help.

i have a subscribed samsung cable box, which is upstairs and the connection is split from the outside. I also have a subscribed 20mb connection which is upstairs to in another room and i have the ex7000 downstairs. when i scan for channels i get 99% strength and between 85-90% quality.

Could be the signals a tad too strong aswell.try slipping a 5 db attuentor on the line if it plays up again...remember too strong is as bad as too weak..and will give same faults.

no probs j_z90 and thanks for your help too mate , i also cant wait for a new firmware update too , after talking with you about your box's software freezing , mine goes and freezes that night when using the epg menu and like you say the picture carrys on in the background , its only happened once , so fingers crossed lol .

also barnsleybill is right in that a signal too strong is as bad as too weak , but im sure that in our case its a software issue and that once the new firmware is out it will sort this problem and hopefully a few other things too .

Back