just announceing that i am starting an early weekend

strongbow is stocked up am not going anywhere till tomorrow night just pre loading so what can i try with a raspberry pi 2b while i wait for tomorrow night

There must be some project walkthroughs that you can do with it. Try some low-level stuff, controlling IO or LEDs or something.

Leave 20ml in the bottom of your Cider bottle, chuck a beetle in and see how long it takes to end up on it's back. :)

I say "low-level" stuff because a lot of the Pi things seem to be about making media players, DNS servers and things like that.

I'm sure when they were first marketed they were supposed to be about programming. The only way to learn embedded systems is from the bottom up and flashing an LED is probably most people's first program.

Things like media players still need low-level drivers, that's the interesting bit for me.

i do have a raspberry pi 3b with omv on it, i have jellyfin installed but i can just watch anywhere at home with vlc so no need for the jellyfin except for the fancy looks. is it possible to install my ipvanish on it the pi i want to use the automatic downloaders. am gonna do a bit of googleing but id love to just have that shit on the pi instead of doing it on me laptop i use for me own personal stuff

am messing about with dietpi but without the vpn on it i wouldnt download using it

do you know how to use omv? would it be possible to install ipvanish in a container and then somehow the other stuff in other containers use that vpn connection, it seems like am really getting technical its my everest.

Last edited:
i dont have any components or anything like that to try the led and all that stuff, i just dont like having that pi wasted doing nothing. i think am gonna just try and do a pi-hole but then i read it might spoil the file sharing thing i have done on the other raspberry pi, and to be honest getting that set up is the only success i have ever had trying to do wee things with the these raspberry pi but i do love trying all the stuff and can put many weeks into my failures lol.

what if i set up a couple of cameras or something like covering the front and back garden, do i need some sort of permit, probably would need some kind of permission off the wooly faces too lol.

preloading is going well am super alert atm and talking all sorts of shite to anyone who prepared to listen, am ringing buddys and waking them up for work and everything lol, just to let the know am started already, cause am like that hahah gonna be a long day for those guys cause am a texter ill text the hell outta them.

OFFS

Rant incoming 🤣

do i have a bad reputation on here as a ranter?

am all about the technology man, but when i read this site i realise i don't know fk all about it really lol. i think i am trying to start too high, be too ambitious with what i would like to learn to do, when i should be starting at the basics which i probably do know a wee bit about. meaning i could probably use most things if i had a wee go using them, but id like to know more about how it works or if i can make it better or whatever modify, but my concentration levels arent great, when am reading, after a few pages, i allways get a feeling. wtf was all that about. i can read just fine, i just dont seem to be able to keep it the info in my head and just think about one thing at a time that am trying to concentrate on. but am not always in a clear state of mind when i try reading.

i downloaded all those pi mags i think it was you who posted, thanks for that. i might try reading on them if i can find something real easy to kick off with

Just banter mate !

We can usually tell when you've been on the amber nectar though 😁

i do like a rant mate no bother about that just don't wanna get bad advice or lose me double+ if someone has taken offense to any off it lol

Did you mean VIP?

no bob i mean me ipvanish vpn. i download a lot of media kinda stuff cause i dont wanna ruin my physical copy in anyway lol i need to use the vpn or i might get in trouble with talktaalk. i made different annoucement before if i remember correct saying id rather not be considered for vip until unless i make another anoucement that am available for vip status, this is what i was talking about me easily makeing misinterpretations and im not 100% sure if i annouced that in one of my offical annoucement or in the comment sections but its out there somewhere on digitlwrldz uk

Last edited:
no bob i mean me ipvanish vpn. i download a lot of media kinda stuff cause i dont wanna ruin my physical copy in anyway lol i need to use the vpn or i might get in trouble with talktaalk. i made different annoucement before if i remember correct saying id rather not be considered for vip until unless i make another anoucement that am available for vip status, this is what i was talking about me easily makeing misinterpretations and im not 100% sure if i annouced that in one of my offical annoucement or in the comment sections but its out there somewhere on digitlwrldz uk

I wouldn’t worry too much about VIP, because at the end of the day we’re all VIPs to somebody🙂

i might make a helper of the week, or greatest advice of the week annoucement, i wouldnt put meself in the mix cause im making the annoucement of course cause i give out a+ advice when i do give out some.

might be monthly insteaad i couldnt be bothered to edit that but it might clog the annoucements section, this wouldnt be offcial digitalwordz helper of the month though cause it wouldnt be decided by any of the digitlwordz bosses whoever the bosses are cause i wouldnt know having never been in the vip catagory before. just an idea am brianstorming atm

am even more corrupt than that guy sepp blatter the fifa guy so if your advice is chosen that isnt to say its the greatest or even good advice but the advice will get me endorsement so there is that but it wont be offical endorsement.

I like reading your posts Joe.
You give good advice alledgedly :)

I can see you on the cover of "Cider monthly" one day.
teach us more...

Last edited:
at the minute this greatest advice of the month is in me head, its about encouraging people to answer more questions with a good amount of research,then this attracts more and more members this is mainly for the sites benefit mate i have to say if i do a sepp bllaatter for anyone it wouldnt even be my offical endorsement never mind digitlwords uk endorsement all this and i would only want about 20% of the site

Back