Is there any way to remotely administer a TM-5402HD

blueplatinum

Inactive User
Reaction score
By system is not installed in the house where I live. It runs PhantomPatch and could be connected to the router in the house where it is.

Does anyone know if there is any way I could set it up so that I could make changes to the configuration (including updating BISS keys) over the internet please?

That would indeed be a very handy feature. Do you mean you want to be able to access it remotely without any user-intervention at the other end?

dont think its possible on a closed source box although @Ferret maybe able to advise you better,regards mdt

Last edited by a moderator:
The only way I can think of achieving this is to set up a cccam connection to a Dm500s or a PC on tne same network as the TM, and remote administer the keys in that.

just a thought you could use logmein or similar remote access software to remotely access a pc at other end that is connected to the same router/network as the technomate and then upload the required files to your email or online storage account, then you can use logmein to access the pc then open your email etc and download then transfer to box

just a thought you could use logmein or similar remote access software to remotely access a pc at other end that is connected to the same router/network as the technomate and then upload the required files to your email or online storage account, then you can use logmein to access the pc then open your email etc and download then transfer to box

Sounds really useful, but I didn't think there was a web server on the TM 5402, so how it's possible to transfer the update from the PC?

I don't think it is possible to do it with a technomate as you have to press the buttons on the remote control to upload the files onto it. A dreambox would be doing this just fine as you would have total control of your box over your PC and then transfer any files into the box. I also thought about it but I have never found a way and at the end I simply gave up on this.
PS. I have created my own home network and PC, TV and TM5402 are all connected to the router and I cannot control TM fundtions such as accessing menus on TM with my PC.
Maybe I am wrong but best of luck anyway. I would say that the way forward is a linux box.

Back