Is it End for Dbox 2 Till Nagra 3 come's out???

Bhavesh

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,..

I just little bit worry that the dbox 2 wil b end when the Nagra 3 come's out soon..
Is it going to be end for Dbox 2???

Hi Guys,..

I just little bit worry that the dbox 2 wil b end when the Nagra 3 come's out soon..

That depends on what happens but if Nagra3 does appear then it will almost certainly be the end of "FREE" tv on cable for everyone.

Ther may be alternatives but you'll almost certainly end up having to pay for it.

That depends on what happens but if Nagra3 does appear then it will almost certainly be the end of "FREE" tv on cable for everyone.

Ther may be alternatives but you'll almost certainly end up having to pay for it.

its been good while it lasted . l had about 10 years out of it , l would go to sky but l need the faster bb

if l get 50 mb installed l can leave all my boxes in if they only show freeview lol

Last edited:
Hi Guys,..

why you asking the same thing on every forum your registerd...lol

Well just to see what people got to say abt the Nagra 3.. lol.. lol.. cuz what the point i spend money on new eurovox hd and got 2 dbox at home aswel all workin in old images till now...?? .. i hope its all untrue.. lol.. lol..

Last edited:
its been good while it lasted . l had about 10 years out of it , l would go to sky but l need the faster bb

if l get 50 mb installed l can leave all my boxes in if they only show freeview lol

That's the thing isn't it...? Switch to Sky and suffer shite iNet speed, (compared to VM) but better TV, or stick with VM for the internet, and suffer the shite TV!

Decisions, decisions. :)

That's the thing isn't it...? Switch to Sky and suffer shite iNet speed, (compared to VM) but better TV, or stick with VM for the internet, and suffer the shite TV!

Decisions, decisions. :)

Why not have both? I'll keep my VM phone and 50Meg internet but get sky TV if they finally bomb my dbox

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn3tfH-WYkM]YouTube - Virgin media, Nagra 3 is coming....[/ame]

take a look at the new virgin media advert

seems like its coming this month

SO...two questions: when the new vermin cards arrive on our doorsteps, (which I assume means the implementation of nagra3), does this mean that no amount of hacking is gonna make the D-box cope with it, so are the dboxes really finished?

And so if this is the case then, is it worth posting a BIG READ THIS type post to stop the floodgates of "waaah my dbox screen gone black and I cant be arsed to read all the other posts, help me NOW" type questions that will flood in like they did last year when the keyroll hit us?

Last edited:
I just hope there is some genuies guys out there that can solve this problems.. mayb adding new files into images. all we have to do is wait and see what happens....

I just hope there is some genuies guys out there that can solve this problems.. mayb adding new files into images. all we have to do is wait and see what happens....

it's not that simple. similar encryptions are currently in use all over the world and have been for a number of years - and they haven't been cracked.

Why not have both? I'll keep my VM phone and 50Meg internet but get sky TV if they finally bomb my dbox

If you already have the VM phone, then you should also be taking their FREE digiTV too! Plus if you're also paying subs on the VM 50mb broadband, I'm certain you'd be able to screw them down to a reasonable monthly 'bundle' deal, to include the XL or XXL TV package.

I bet this would work out much cheaper than turning to Sky for your TV! Cheers- AL :)

nagra 3 will get cracked...

am sure they said the same about NDS

plus Nagra 3 has various verions out so even if one is broken, others may not plus N3 has been on the scene for a while and still not broken, so dont expect a fix/crack anytime soon ..like me accept the fact the end is nigh for these box;s

If you already have the VM phone, then you should also be taking their FREE digiTV too! Plus if you're also paying subs on the VM 50mb broadband, I'm certain you'd be able to screw them down to a reasonable monthly 'bundle' deal, to include the XL or XXL TV package.

I bet this would work out much cheaper than turning to Sky for your TV! Cheers- AL :)

That's a good point Al, I'll probably do that - threaten to go with Sky then see what they offer.

I'd love to know how many people suddenly 'decide' they want bundle upgrades when N3 hits!

I'll only miss Sky Sports to be honest & i'd be happy to pay for it while the footy season is on just like i did before i got my Dbox.

The £24 a month extra will be payback for what i've had from them over the last few years i suppose
7.gif

ill wait and see what happens to be honest freeview is good for me i mostly download my tv progs and films especially in hd if available.Only thing i would miss is sport but i would just go to the boozer or to my old mans but we just have to wait and see what happens

Am i missing something?

There far to many pace boxes out there for them to even think of N3? the card change, means the end for people who are hacking cable cards not dbox's.

Last edited:
Back