Is it End for Dbox 2 Till Nagra 3 come's out???

This is what i found on virginmedia websites..

h**p://www.virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia/customer-news/tv-fraud.php

I thought the grand V plan was to go all IPTV in 2010, in which case will not everything to moot in any case? I didn't think that the DBox would do IPTV let alone NAG3?

In theory my V+ box, and infact to a lesser extent all the virgin boxes can already do IPTV, we do it when we watch Iplayer on our set top box, even Iplayer HD works on my HD box ! a simple firmware upgrade at our end (and a massive transmission effort at their end) could see IPTV introduced .

In theory my V+ box, and infact to a lesser extent all the virgin boxes can already do IPTV, we do it when we watch Iplayer on our set top box, even Iplayer HD works on my HD box ! a simple firmware upgrade at our end (and a massive transmission effort at their end) could see IPTV introduced .

Wasn't there some news that the TIVOs and IPTV would be introduced in 2010 (Digital TV - News - TiVo to power Virgin's new TV platform - Digital Spy).

I am assuming that this is completely different to sending MPEG streams using DVB-C? What I'm getting at here is that the DBox (and others) won't be able to deal with this, or will they?

Back