Is it End for Dbox 2 Till Nagra 3 come's out???

anything that can be encrypted can be unencrypted, I believe the american NDS did get blown to bits a couple of years ago.

the principles of the system are known, its the algorythm that needs nailing. Good luck to the people who are attempting it and for the rest of us its lights out, for now.

Am i missing something?

There far to many pace boxes out there for them to even think of N3? the card change, means the end for people who are hacking cable cards not dbox's.

So does this mean that the old Pace boxes cant 'do' N3 then?

i think it is a calculated gamble

they gonna spend millions on this and then u got people who will jump ship as a result of it

the modems have always been the problem as virgin do not make money from the TV side of things, something like a few quid a month

they should concentrate on removing cloned modems and those who really abuse the system by not paying for the service and hooking up 3 or 4 modems in their house

Well thats the impression Ive always had! The pace boxes are old technology, they have an embedded CAM Nag1 ... it would take a complete change in all boxes to handle N3, or send out a independent separate encoder like the old Sky box's you used with the old Amstrad Sky box 100/200's years ago, as the pace boxes only have a N1 cam.

So can someone tell me different!

Last edited:
what's the general consensus then??
r we fooked or survive a little longer:)

Just to add a little spice to the topic....

Just remembered, (been a while since played with a pace) the pace did have another CAM.... think it was SACA, so the pace does have two CAMS, unless they do a massive firmware change to twin both CAMs together, they could create a binding of both mixed Encryption systems NAG & SECA.... something along the lines of top-up TV.

Just a thought!!

Can anyone tell us if Virgin have done any firmware up dates over last couple of months, that just may give you the answer!

Last edited:
Well thats the impression Ive always had! The pace boxes are old technology, they have an embedded CAM Nag1 ... it would take a complete change in all boxes to handle N3, or send out a independent separate encoder like the old Sky box's you used with the old Amstrad Sky box 100/200's years ago, as the pace boxes only have a N1 cam.

So can someone tell me different!

Dont think so mate think it wouldn't be hard for them mate, I also believe there is no such thing as nagra1 2 3 etc its all kudelski and nagra 1 2 and 3 is the hackers terms basically nagra 3 is what nagra 1 has evolved into , well this is what someone told me

Dont think so mate think it wouldn't be hard for them mate, I also believe there is no such thing as nagra1 2 3 etc its all kudelski and nagra 1 2 and 3 is the hackers terms basically nagra 3 is what nagra 1 has evolved into , well this is what someone told me

Yes, thats my understanding also, the correct names are nagravision, Nagravision Cardmagedon & Nagravision Aladin.

Nag2 is a mixture of SECA2 & Nagravision.

Would like to say seeing as though the Dbox 2 is a linux receiver, then they still have abilities but Im not sure if Im allowed to point out the name :D Unlike Eurovox's, these wont be paperweights after any encryption

Would like to say seeing as though the Dbox 2 is a linux receiver, then they still have abilities but Im not sure if Im allowed to point out the name :D Unlike Eurovox's, these wont be paperweights after any encryption

Care to share, via PM if necessary, just curious really...

Dont think I can use the PM system yet :D Also, Ive noticed some topics on this on here, so Ill let you know the name given to such a system. Its called cardsharing. Theres a sticky in the sat section. Linux receivers can c/s unlike closed source receivers, so I wouldnt expect to see a drastic price decrease on linux receivers, but would for closed source receivers

Last edited:
so you referring to as the same method as sky using a dm500s

u have to be paying a sub to card share

wasn't there a bloke who got banged up for doing that

selling sat receivers then using a subbed card to card share and then charging customers £15 a month for all channels

I was on the phone to VM yesterday about my cable TV and I have the early PAce box still badged as NTL and asked the VM person if the new cards will work in my old box, he assured me they would, read what you want into that.

so you referring to as the same method as sky using a dm500s

u have to be paying a sub to card share

wasn't there a bloke who got banged up for doing that

selling sat receivers then using a subbed card to card share and then charging customers £15 a month for all channels

The guy who got banged up was greedy. He advertised his services on football forums and computer fairs. At a computer fair, he showed the premier ship league on TV. An undercover cop asked how he did that. He invited the undercover cop over to his house and thats how he got arrested

wanna buy a water powered car m8?

300 miles to the litre and simply owning it cuts your risk of getting cancer by 127.943%

also got a guarenteed way of predicting the lottery - get the right numbers every time - interested?

300 miles to the litre and simply owning it cuts your risk of getting cancer by 127.943%

also got a guarenteed way of predicting the lottery - get the right numbers every time - interested?

Wow thats amazing! I've jusy sent all my bank details to the bank of Nigeria as they want to give me $15,000,000 dollars. I'll definatly have one of those when I get the cash.

thebigman

what is this about. lol.. tht does not related to dbox 2..lol.. isn't it..

The new vm cards will be rolled out to all area`s before xmas.
nagra 3 will kill star veiw.
nice while it lasted.

Back