IRE Tester Needed

This guy has been on all the forums. He is a newbie on every forum (first post's). He seems to be collecting a collection of email addresses. Don't be too suprised if he works for UPC.

Why would you give him your address anyway. He has a fix to be tested for the dm500c, but doesn't own one himself. Com on guys!!!!

He appears to be UK based rather than in Ireland so I guess he cant really do any testing himself but must admit this makes me a bit suspicious of his motives !

He may just be someone who wants to help (theres still a small few around) or perhaps he's out to make a name for himself but it does seem very strange he's using new accounts on multiple forums. I suppose he may want to protect his primary identity.

Last edited:
How much in the emu source would need changed for it to work im sure if the card dump was there it could be added to the likes of cccam,mgcamd or even evo if it was asked in the right places ok it would be better if there was a team working on it like there is for the kryptview and itgate but im sure there would be a fair bit of time to build an emu to work for it for most people

The problem is that it needs to be done by somebody in Ireland or with access to the UPC stream so that they can fathom out what they actually need to do.

tbh, it probably needs to be done first on a dvb-c/t card and possibly with a linux system so that the data can be debugged right into the csa descrambler. Knowing that you are correctly decrypting ECM's/EMM's isn't enough - you also need to know how the actual video/audio packets are being descrambled and if the result makes sense !

Im sure all above could be done by some irish members that under stand what they are doing but the only thing that would hold them back would be the card and until some one can get one of these cards to open then there is not much more that can be done unless itgate release an update for the dreambox

well since there has been no key change emms in the stream u wouldn't really need to decrypt the emms . you could just hardcode it . like nozzer said before . a bit like the funcode (rst). and use the keys if you have them .
so in sence it would be a bit like the old funfiles just update the keys but then that don't mean they won't change the key in the morning .

work the same as turning off the emu and just inputting the keys are key.

don't know if it would work but maybe some one know better .

Im sure all above could be done by some irish members that under stand what they are doing but the only thing that would hold them back would be the card and until some one can get one of these cards to open then there is not much more that can be done unless itgate release an update for the dreambox

I'm sure there are lots of A05 cards lying around - its just a matter of someone finding some of them and then experimenting.

You cant rely on Itgate or anyone else releasing updates for boxes. The whole point in having a dreambox and being on a forum like this is learning how to do this stuff yourself so you dont have to be reliant on others !

Come on all you dreamheads - show me what linux and open-source is all about. If you cant then you may of well of bought a Kryptview.

I'm sure there are lots of A05 cards lying around - its just a matter of someone finding some of them and then experimenting.

You cant rely on Itgate or anyone else releasing updates for boxes. The whole point in having a dreambox and being on a forum like this is learning how to do this stuff yourself so you dont have to be reliant on others !

Come on all you dreamheads - show me what linux and open-source is all about. If you cant then you may of well of bought a Kryptview.

lol all very true in what you say but its the card and until some members from the south pull there fingers out and find some cards there is nothing they can do or even by the time it happens by the way things are looking they will have changed over till n3 lol

Leaving my dreambox aside for a moment, how could i get my dvb-c card running again. Lets just say I had the keys.

Leaving my dreambox aside for a moment, how could i get my dvb-c card running again. Lets just say I had the keys.

Unfortunately, I think your probably in a similar situation to the dreambox people - there may not be an N2 cam suitable for use in Ireland.

If you look at the coding inside most softcams its all provider specific. You see things like -

If ProvId = 0101 then do something
else if ProvId = 4001 then do something else
else if ProvId = C101 then so something even more different
else do something safe but not necessarily correct.

Because Provider 5E01/5F01 is relatively new for N2 it will likely fall through to the last option so what is done probably wont be correct.

What you would need to do is take one of the Softcam sources and modify it so that it simulates exactly what your card/stb combination do for ECM's (and potentially Emm's although this is less important at this time)

Its just as important to know what the stb does with the data before it passes it to the CSA descrambler as it is to know what the card does. Often stb's do some scrambling/decrypting of their own to produce the real CSA keys.

You would, of course confirm that UPC N2 is nonstandard by entering your keys into one of the existing softcams that handle various N2 providers. Vplug etc. You may just get lucky and find that UPC N2 is bog standard without anything extra.

Last edited:
you will need to dump and A05 to get the info needed,the hypercam team went through a few so god only knows how long it will take an inexperianced user to get there

you will need to dump and A05 to get the info needed,the hypercam team went through a few so god only knows how long it will take an inexperianced user to get there

Did they ?

Thought they only had 2 of em to experiment with !

You would, of course confirm that UPC N2 is nonstandard by entering your keys into one of the existing softcams that handle various N2 providers. Vplug etc. You may just get lucky and find that UPC N2 is bog standard without anything extra.
Ok I have vplug & PC with dvb card anybody got the keys so I can check this out. On th QT :)

slight mix up here, you dont need a 'few' cards , you just need 'few' attempts at trying it.

Have any you even tried to dump the card?
failure of that,, any you even got an A05?

Last edited by a moderator:
slight mix up here, you dont need a 'few' cards , you just need 'few' attempts at trying to dump it.
Originally Posted by glic83

Another slight mix up here too,;) Have another look at #31.

Originally Posted by glic83

Another slight mix up here too,;) Have another look at #31.

post #31 is correct :p
They do only have 2 cards, and only used 1 of them thus far i believe.

and @ mansfield,, editing much easier and prettier than double posting :p

Last edited by a moderator:
pmsl,, yes, and that be why i edited it, wrong post was quoted

Thats why i posted my reply.Iknew what you meant,but others might not;)

Back