IPTV Box

Updated box..to beta version...cudnt connect via portal..however I entered the url in the playlist section...that big long url my provider gave me with username and password in it..anyway it connected.. getting all channels..but no epg see pic..do I need to set up or download an app to get epg?..also like to see icons next to channels.. how do I do that?..ta
Mytv looks good, very slick..changed gui like sky..channel change fast..great picture quality
20200105_153133.jpg

I have a separate URL line for my EPG from my supplier.

Updated box..to beta version...cudnt connect via portal..however I entered the url in the playlist section...that big long url my provider gave me with username and password in it..anyway it connected.. getting all channels..but no epg see pic..do I need to set up or download an app to get epg?..also like to see icons next to channels.. how do I do that?..ta
Mytv looks good, very slick..changed gui like sky..channel change fast..great picture quality
View attachment 127238

Well your a step closer i knew that update would sort it. Does the Playlist entry have a epg line entry segment ?

If it does enter it like this

http://myiptvserverurl/xmltv.php?username=xxxxxxxxxx&password=xxxxxxxxxx

No..mate...no epg line segment...only what I showed in pic..when I entered my playlist url..

Lol..I'll keep checking if updates available..i still couldn't connect through portals..only via playlist..weird..?...also if I load the url in my enigma2 box, ie duo2...via jedimsker plugin.. I get full epg ...probably cos I'm using epg importer plugin..

Your line is not compatible with the portals mate just the playlist.

At the moment MyTv has no way of loading the EPG info in playlist, if you had a portal line it would get the epg automatically.

I agree with Ferret, it doesn't look like your line is compatible with anything other than m3u/playlist.

I believe they're two different systems because I use my sub in both my Solo2 (as a m3u type line) in place of dead channels on $ly and that same sub is used in a Z8 (that uses MyTV app same as your box). Obviously, not at same time. Anyhow, the other day the m3u side stopped working (regardless of channel) but was okay when going through Z8 portal. Needless to say the m3u side was promptly fixed but it highlighted that m3u side is separate admin side to that of portal which I didn't realise.

Could you explain to your provider that you may occasionally be using that line as either m3u or via MyTV app portal (which I believe uses Stalker) but obviously not at same time. This is how my line is setup and allows greater portability for me including on any other device - just obviously not at same time.

As i mentioned earlier a portal line would look like this

http://nameserver2.com:8080/c/

You could ask your supplier for a portal line but the good majority would see that as another connection and want to charge you for it, not many would supply a m3u and portal line under one sub but you could ask the question.

Update...portal settings working..I got a test line from someone at work who knows someone etc..looked similar to one in above post..had to send him my MAC address of box..sent me portal details, connected instantly..working perfectly, full epg , really slick box..red eye working fine, hid box behind tv..really impressive.. box..been watching cricket all day, not a single glitch yet..or freeze , will monitor server as it's a test line...

😜lol I get what u mean..was wondering what u meant..the cricket..!..anywho..how do you switch on subtitles..?..been in settings of MyTV...switched on subtitles..but no button on remote for subtitles.??

Last edited:
How are they going on @johnny bravo?

Just looked on the BBC site, looks like tomorrow might be a good day to watch.

england doing well,, actually might and should win this one..last day tommorrow SA are 126 for 2..they need another 312 runs tommorrow..but i think england should bowl them out...no ones chased 438 runs to win in a last innings at newlands..

Ok found the subtititles option...however I cant toggle it from off to on..see pic
20200106_223608.jpg

It maybe that iptv stream doesn't have subtitles embedded within it

im sure bbc, bbc2itv,ch4 etc..normal tv have subtitles...cant seem to toggle it to "on"

Sorry should have been clearer... The broadcaster may broadcast subtitles with their stream but the supplier who re-encode/supply the IPTV stream(s) to your IPTV provider may not.

It's possible that this maybe related to your IPTV provider not supporting rather than where they get the stream(s) from. However, I'm not certain and I would, at a guess, say it's most likely who supplies the stream.

Maybe someone like @river4ever who is more clued up on this that I am may have an answer for you.

It would be out of providers hands if subtitles were available or not. It would need to come from who they are buying/getting channels from. Not seen or heard of it widely available on “live streams”.

But is common in VOD for subtitles as they are added by provider. They can be turned on or off depending if subtitles was added to them.
But live streams certainly not available from my understanding, well not from the two big hitters that offer channels.

Back