IPTV Box

Could you explain to your provider that you may occasionally be using that line as either m3u or via MyTV app portal (which I believe uses Stalker) but obviously not at same time. This is how my line is setup and allows greater portability for me including on any other device - just obviously not at same time.
I would doubt any IPTV provider would do that mate. I have been suggesting since i became involved in this thread for @johnny bravo to contact his supplier and move over to portal.
The provider SHOULD DO THAT FREE.
He will most likely disable MPEGTS/TS line and just move his line over. But some providers will see it as nice bit of loot and NOT do that.
(only administrator of panel can do it)
On the up side he can continue to use his E2.
If @johnny bravo is going to be running two boxes, his E2 and another box, when he issues mac address for portal use he will not be able to do multiroom. If he can run MPEGTS/TS the supplier can add as many connections for multiroom he wants.
(IP locked)

If its done via portal you can only have “one” connection at a time on that mac address. Thats why so many people hate using portals.

Example would be:
Magbox......
1 month-10
1 month, two boxes- 20
(no multiroom available)

USER/PASS (URL)
1 month- 10
1 with 2 connections- 14

They are examples of how costly using portals can be. They are not advised if doing multiroom.
Problem now for johnny is he has two boxes. One verified via MAC address and other with user/pass.

I can use mine on smarters. On tv phone laptop or Firestick I can also use it on z8 on the mytvonline app or z 8 smarters app as long as only one is connected at a time. Like ktemp says it gives me great flexibility

I can use mine on smarters. On tv phone laptop or Firestick I can also use it on z8 on the mytvonline app or z 8 smarters app as long as only one is connected at a time. Like ktemp says it gives me great flexibility
Thats because its user/pass mate, and thats why i, yourself and loads of others rather have that.
Not so easy when connection is verified by MAC address.

Thats because its user/pass mate, and thats why i, yourself and loads of others rather have that.
Not so easy when connection is verified by MAC address.

I am like Ian have Portal setup with my MAC address on the Z7+ then use user name and password on everything else, all from the one account

I am like Ian have Portal setup with my MAC address on the Z7+ then use user name and password on everything else, all from the one account
I have the same I have a mag box and a username and password for everything else all from one account but not all iptv providers will let you do that

The one line i have now..on amiko a6n..is with portal and Mac address...the one on my duo2 with jedi maker is with same provider..with mac address...

I have the same I have a mag box and a username and password for everything else all from one account but not all iptv providers will let you do that
Some i've seen lock it to one device via MAC and some, I have heard, may even charge you admin fee for switching devices.
Mine is just IP locked but it does mean I have to provide user/pass for portals. Small price to pay for freedom/flexibility I have.

Nvidia Shield would be my suggestion in this case, but it is not only an IPTV box, but ratther can be used for much more. It is really well supported Android box. Of course, there is also price tag to be considered.

Having used a few apps now I can honestly say mytvonline2 is best then Smarters. SkyQ is pretty decent on z8 but bit fiddly on Firestick smart iptv on tvs comes last. I like smarters for its portability

Ian see that smarters do they have a website you have to register and pay before using the APP?

They have a free version and the paid pro version. Not sure about the website.

Cheers mucker, I downloaded the APP on the new lg tv and filled out the form inc the M3U file and
nowt happens, I'm fecked if I know if it's free or pro LOL. :) 👍

Edit I think the following has to be provided by your supplier, USERNAME , PASSWORD and SERVER URL which provided by your IPTV service provider, so in other words it's not what you want it to be. :(

iptv-smarter-step2.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers mucker, I downloaded the APP on the new lg tv and filled out the form inc the M3U file and
nowt happens, I'm fecked if I know if it's free or pro LOL. :) 👍

Edit I think the following has to be provided by your supplier, USERNAME , PASSWORD and SERVER URL which provided by your IPTV service provider, so in other words it's not what you want it to be. :(

View attachment 128975

Hi mate

May not work but try add / after 8080 like this 8080/

If that does not work did he give you a m3u line or just user, pass and url ?

Back