ipod touch help needed please

diesel

Member ++
Reaction score
hi guys mate gave me his lads ipod 2nd gen to look at its stuck on itunes logo which i thought thats not a problem but seems it is as when plug into pc it says usb has malfunctioned and to check usb settings there is nothing wrong with the usb cus it says the same on every usb i plug into even on different pc and also laptop.so guess i stuck at the mo.. any ideas anyone please many thanks in advance...

I've got that iPod, in the past this has worked for me:

1. Plug in to computer.
  2. Press and hold the button at the top (aka hold/standby/power) and the button on the front (aka menu/home) until the screen goes black and the apple logo appears.
  3. Wait until the PC makes the USB device connected noise - this could take up to 15 mins.
  4. Then check the screen is displaying the battery logo.
If it does, it should start as normal.

If it doesn't, I'd suggest restoring. In cases where the iPod is not detected by iTunes for Windows, you'll need a Mac + iTunes... If you don't have access to one, try your local Apple store or PC World ;)

have tried that and also plugged into a mac all the computer just say usb has malfunction etc

At a guess then the data port is broken. Though might be worth giving it a quick blast with compressed air in the hope it's just a bit of dust causing the problem.

Back