ipod dock.system for wedding

magicalbeef

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
getting married next year and we need a docking station to use during the meal time before the band arrive. the wedding is in a teepee, but quite large, so needs to be fairly loud, doesnt really need bluetooth as we can just sit a spare ipod on it. Needs to plug in and take batteries, and would like something that would look good in the home afterwards, oh and not too expensive ~:)

presumably the band will have set up before you arrive?

could you not use an ipod or similer amplified through their PA system?

Hi bud
The band dont arrive until 4, so just need something to fill the space during the meal etc, just some acoustic music but need something that could carry sound, maybe two wireless speakers? i was wondering if i could link two of these would do the job Pioneer XWSMA1 White | Wireless Music System | Richer Sounds ?

The first comment on that product is that at 15w its not very loud.

Is there no power at the venue ? What are the band going to use ?

hi bud, yes there will be power to the venue, but would like the option of batteries as well as power

got a budget of maybe 200 quid,however id ideally like something that i can use in the home afterwards :)

hi bud, yes there will be power to the venue, but would like the option of batteries as well as power

If you can live with mains power then you should be able to pick up a 2nd hand PA system fairly cheap off fleabay and you could always flog it afterwards.

This one is virtually new and also has a battery.

Portable PA system | eBay

i would think the system you need for a large venue would be unsuitable for home use.

maybe hire a PA system?

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

I would go for a Sonos play3 or a play5 (formally S3 and S5)

But might be out of your budget but would look great in the home when finished, and you could add to it to create a multiroom audio system later

Mick

Back