Mobile Phones IPhone 4 or Samsung galaxy S2

gasman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I am out of contract and looking to upgrade and basically these are what I have my final choices down to. I have checked the reviews and they seem to bring the iPhone 4s out on top but only by a narrow margin.
The contract prices I have seen are £36 for unlimited mins texts and web on the iPhone and £31 for similar on the sgs2. Is the iPhone really worth the extra fiver and does it still suffer from the antenna issues that have had me avoid any of these handsets in the past.
I have avoided the 3 networks deals due to bad reviews on reception in my area.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

i have both, 4s personal and S2 work mobile and i hate the s2 lol, just cant get used to the keyboard plus its too big to do anything with one hand.

at one point i sold my old iphone 4 to buy a s2 which i had for 3 months but it didnt do anything for me so sold it and got a 4s

if you like android, get the s2, if you used ios before and used to the simplicity of it and it just works then get an 4s

also 4s has a better resale value, when you buy it get a screen saver and a case, take care of it like an investment, in 2 years time you will lose very little when you come to sell it, thats just how apple is :)

s2 will lose value straight away.

thats just my take on it

if you can wait til the s3, which is out soon, that is supposed to be immense.

Good point about the re-sale value I had not thought of that and it might just swing it. Have used both Android and ios and I do prefer the Android system but with that said I fell out of love with the iPhone having owned the 3gs and the bloody thing was awful at getting reception and it was to a point where it felt next to useless.

If the reception issues have been fixed I will go for the 4s

Cheers

I'm sure you could hang on just over 2 weeks, have a look @ the S3 personally then decide. S2 contracts might even be a wee bit cheaper too when S3 releases or S3 contract not much dearer than an S2's is now.
I've been waiting for the S3 too but not blown away by the launch, need to have a play with it then make my mind up.
HH.

Love my s2 to bits so for me i would wait and get the s3........ what a beauty samsung-galaxy-s3-hands-on-9.jpg

These decisions are painful lol and no doubt once my minds made up ill be filled with regret pmsl. Me and the wife's contracts are both up so I think ill get her the iPhone as she's always wanted one and maybe ill hang around and have a play with the s3 and that way can compare the 2 easily. The S3 does look like a cracking device but by the gods its a big bugger and I just don't know where the heck you store something like that ? Does it come with a free manbag lol

Love my s2 to bits so for me i would wait and get the s3........ what a beauty View attachment 66244

S3 apparently has the equivalent to siri in the form of samsung voice which would be great if it actually works and on that point does siri actually work or does it suffer the same voice recognition problems as every other one known to man.

See what you mean m8,samsung is a bit bigger lol mr-tan-and-his-massive-mobile-phone.jpg

Bolloxed it and ordered a couple of iPhone 4s one black one white to keep it pc :) lol ill have a play with it but may well send mine back and try out the S3

for me mate in order for you to choose go th the shop and just pick up each device the galaxy s2 is a good device but it just feels really light and plastic, pick up the iphone and you will see what i mean

Got the sgs2 and didn't even unwrap it. It was pathetically lightweight and and i felt like id snap it, also it was huge. Taking off the flimsy back cover finished it off for me and I just put it back.

The iPhone 4s are on order now, I just pray the antenna problems have gone and there is a recent jailbreak for the version of ios5 on the device. I will miss my androids though. :(

Really biffo?

I mean, the samsung galaxy looks bigger, so I am surprised to hear that it is lighter!!
But I am more interested in the apps ;)

How long do you guys believe it will take for the android Market to catch up with the iOS app store??

The sgs2 was really light digg it was like holding a ryvita or something lol. As for the apps I don't think Android are a million miles away but Apple certainly has the edge in that department. As for the operating system its Android all day due to its diversity, I have had countless different roms on this desire and I still love it.

cant believe you though that little of the sgs2 mate, its an incredible phone to use, i bought the upgraded battery off amazon which makes it slightly thicker and heavier which makes it feel perfect imo.. can get 3 days out of it now with light use... i agree with biffo on the feel of said devices though, an iphone you can tell is built using excellent materials and feels better, but thats it for me, the os cripples the iphone and i found myself getting bored within a week on the 2 iphones iv had.. all down to preference though i guess!

Last edited:
It was just the feel of it really just thought I would end up snapping it or something lol.
I do know what you mean about the iPhone but as said earlier in the thread they hold value so if I get bored I can sell it on and then buy the sg3 :)

Back