Installing new F3 dash

Yeah,lol

Tried to play last night,getting the black screen as some others were getting,intros play etc but when I come to actually playing I get nothing,looks like I'll have to update the dash :?

videos up and posted if you haven't seen it mate.

Right,I'm just about to attempt this but I'm unsure whether I need to get the 16197 $ystem update to get my avatars back or can i do that at a later date?

Thanks Dave for doing the h acked dash!

Edit,managed to find the update files :)

Last edited:
Right,I've just tried to update this and it's asking for a 'xenon.elf' file ?I've put the 'updflash.bin' file on the root of my usb memory stick,is there anything else I need on there?

yes, if your on the older version of xell then you'd need xenon.elf, it's built into the newer versions. grab it and put that on your USB drive along with your newly created nand rename your nand to nandflash.bin (make sure you don't have it named .bin.bin check under windows to show file extensions etc.) USB key needs to be FAT32 of course.

abu's post here

Last edited by a moderator:
FFS,now it's 'hanging' :(

Image wrote etc and said shutdown

where about's is it hanging? what's it saying to you?

edit:

just seen you added a new line.

Dave made your nand? or did you make it your self with xebuild?

So you updated your xell using the eject button and it took the update? and it's just a black screen when your trying to power on the machine?

Last edited:
Dave made the nand for me,updated via eject button,took the update and now it's just a black screen

Last edited:
He know's his stuff like, so are you saying that now when booting it via the power switch that it's sitting with a black screen?

What happens if you boot using the eject, does Xell still work?

dang....! :|

he'll be around mate I'm sure of it to advise......

Back