[INFO/TIP] Dbox Online Media Streamer

pt-1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Haehnchen from the Tuxbox Board in Germany created an Online Streamer for the Dbox Movieplayer.

The original discussion is here

unbenannt4cs7.gif

unbenannt3hc0.th.gif

At present it supports the following sources:

Youtube, ZDFMediathek, MyVideo, Apple Trailer, kino.de

New ones can be added via PHP scripts.

He is using xampp (Apache+PHP) and basically set's this between Dbox & VLC. The webserver receives the request from the Dbox and VLC re-streams the Online Source back to the Dbox.

You need at least VLC 0.8.6 and one of the latest Images (mid end 2007)

Xamp listens to 127.0.0.1:8080.

Download one of the Links (EXE FILE !!) from below and unpack to c:\ (NO SUBFOLDER !!)

You find the assistent C:\xamplite and you start it via C:\xampplite\apache_start.bat (NO OTHER SOFTWARE ON YOUR PC MUST USE PORT 8083!!)

In the Dbox Movieplayer Settings for VLC you must now use port 8083 instead of 8080.

When you are using it the 1st time please disable the Filter via the blue button or you will only see an empty folder.

FAULTS:

At present no Audio for YouTube and no TXT Box to enter a YouTube Video

You guys could try it by maybe adding one of these:

http://www.channel4.com/4od/get4od/index.jsp
or
http://www.itv.com/help/itvplayervideohelp/diagnostic/

-->Mirror 1<--

-->Mirror 2<--

Last edited:
I cant get this to work :S done as it is said and changed the port on the dbox to 8083 does the ip need changing to 127.0.0.1 ??? or do i leave it as 10.10.10.10 ??

And also for some reason once i start movie player i cant get back to the main screen? ( it goes back auto after a while)

Just tried changing port also and that just says connection failed!!!

The bbci.php file do i just open that with vlc?

Tried all sorts of ways to get it to work and nothing..
Changed ip of dbox in movie player settings to and from 10.10.10.10 to 127.0.0.1 port 8083
get instant connection failed on 127 and it just hangs on 10.10

Same in vlc when using either the wizard etc tried same ips etc and still nothing HELP!!! hehe

gah i hate being beaten...

Last edited:
Latest Version from the 30.03.2008

FreddyFrog:
I used another address and it seems to be fine now.

Here's a new script for browsing the BBC website (iplayer_streamer.php stays as it is!), it can browse the last 7 days, categories, A to Z and channels... I didn't implement the paging yet or the morning/afternoon/evening tabs. Just drop this in the scripts folder.

I made a mistake in my earlier post, the php.ini file you need to modify is under the xampplite/apache/bin folder... I realised that when I upgraded to version 0.2 of Haehnchen and had to enable curl again.

Speaking of which, I notice a problem using Haehnchen new caching function, it outputs some random strings in between the cached HTML... so the script is using the old cacheurl function for now.

Can post in English on the tuxbox forum? I'd quite like to discuss this with him!

Pt-1 please help me :)

Scripts folder does that go in the root of the xampplite folder as there is not one there already?the discussion is all in german :( and translated some of it and tried to follow it but gah!!!

Cheers for any help dude :)

I think the scripts go in
C:\xampplite\htdocs\requests\scripts

Not tried the new script in pt-1's post but last time I tried it I could only get youtube to work

Let's get this rollin then ...

Download the latest (06.04.2008) Version from: http://download.berlios.de/onlinestreams/onlinestreamsV0.3.exe

After downloading (12mb) install into C: and you should have a xampplite directory in C:\

Then make sure you have got the latest VLC Version 0.8.6f from here: www.videolan.org

Install if not already installed

Then click on Start, then on Run and type CMD and hit enter.

after this type cd C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC and hit enter

then vlc.exe -I ntservice --ntservice-install --ntservice-options "--sout-transcode-fps 25.0000" --ntservice-extraintf "http" and hit enter

Above will always load VLC On Startup of the PC.

To test above type http:\\127.0.0.1:8080 and the VLC Control should show up

Download http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=1259917&postcount=6 and overwrite the old file in here: C:\xampplite\htdocs\requests\scripts

Reboot the PC after this

Then set the Dbox:

StreamingServer.PNG

And then Play

StreamingServer2.PNG

StreamingServer3.PNG

You will end up in an empty Folder and get an error

Press Home

Press Blue

Press on the Top (..)

Enjoy Browsing

Last edited:
Great post pt-1 pity there is no thanks button
will have another go at this :Clap:

have been looking to set this up great post, works brill many thanks from a numpty.I am new to all this and have found the advice given here A1 many thanks again for the advice:Clap::Clap::Clap:

have been looking to set this up great post, works brill many thanks from a numpty.I am new to all this and have found the advice given here A1 many thanks again for the advice:Clap::Clap::Clap:

Can you confirm that it is working for you with the BBC iPlayer ...?

I cannot check at present as I ran out of testing time but last I checked I got Buffering Only ...

This looks like the best plugin released yet, well done to the script writers and thanks once again to PT-1 for sharing the information.

I would have assumed this should work with the Dreambox flavour of Neutrino but all I manage to achieve is this:

2424199544_46342ef524.jpg

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Or will this not work on Rudbox based Neutrino?

By the way PT-1, hows the old Neutrino coming on - has anyone managed to develop a useful image for the Dreambox yet?

Wish I had time to have a go at compiling it myself... women... kids... jobs... rf.... not enough hours in the day :(

@Oldskool

StreamingServer4.PNG

Check the Directory you are in !!

Also turn off the Filter via blue Button

I cannot get the iPlayer one to work at present but some of the German ones are very Impressive

IMPORTANT TOO:

Left Arrow get's you out of a directory (not home) !!! and OK get's you into a directory

Very nice work, I'm amazed that on such an old piece of kit it keeps up with (or betters) what is commercially available in the shops.

Thanks for the guide, I'll try it out later.

Can you confirm that it is working for you with the BBC iPlayer ...?

I cannot check at present as I ran out of testing time but last I checked I got Buffering Only ...

All I get on iplayer is Buffering only.... as well.

Works great for Apple Movie Trailers.

abaddon

Back