[Info] News for streamers ;-)

pt-1

Inactive User
Reaction score
New Features in the Technical Info (Red Button then Blue)

It now shows the average bitrate and some other detailed info

streaminfoshot5pr8.jpg

Also a Major VLC Breaktrough that will make streaming from an PC and transcoding from a PC to a Dbox even easier ;-)

I am testing it as we speak ;-)

THX to Pabst from the Tuxbox Board for this long awaited update !!

As I am using the vlc movieplayer quite a lot and a lot of things anoyed me I made it a mission to fix and upgrade a few things.

- Movieplayer completely adopted to the latest XML Webinterface that is being used in the latest VLC Version.
No special files or tweaking is anymore needed for the Dbox on the VLC side (dboxfiles.htm). It only works with VLC 0.8.5 or higher !!

- LCD Progressbar
- The Error that a file that was previously played again when selecting a new one is now fixed.
- Return to the filebrowser at the end of a film
- You can now browse all drives (just browse up from the Directory that you specify in the Movieplayer settings and you can access all drives that your PC has mapped)
- Filesize is now shown in the Filebrowser
- Pressing OK whilst watching a film now shows Info's about the Film
- Multiple files can now being played. Automaic playing or jumping between files is now possible via the left/right buttons
- Correct display of the Bookmarkplayback
- Setting TV Picture whilst in VLC Browseris now also included
- Some other things I forgot to mention

ToDo: Pause vlc via yellow button

vlcmovieplayerpp0.png

MORE INFO ABOUT THIS WHEN IT IS IMPLEMENTED INTO UK IMAGES !!!

Really looking forward to this. I use the vlc player nearly everyday....

Thanks a lof for the effort! pt-1.

The VLC function is one of the main reasons I haven't switched to Dreambox yet, so this sounds like a good enough excuse to stick around for a bit longer. :)

vlc stuff looks wicked

nice one pt-1

cant wait till this is implemented

Is this implemented in the CVS yet? I can't see any mention in the CVS changes page.

Not in the cvs as of yet ;-)

It's only a diff

Hi pt-1, how is this going, really looking forward to it... I can not wait....

thanks a million!

This feature is now in the CVS

There is also a add on for the "normal" TS Player to enable the stacking of multiple files to play. Ideal if you have a corrupted TS recording

There was also a fix added last night to be more compatible with older VLC Version

There is also a lot going on for all the ones of you who have a IDE Interface as they are busy implementing the Code for a proper menu in the CVS

I still play with the Upnp side of things too ;-)

Back