images

bobodovsky

Inactive User
Reaction score
ok so i have a question that has been bugging me for ages, and i hope to get answers from you brainy people.
so i have a vu duo, and it is a great machine, but i then wanted something for my bedroom so i bought the TM Twin.
at the moment i am thinking what a big mistake it was because i have had nothing but trouble from it.
i have tried the vix image, my box constantly crashes.
i tried openaaf image but could not get cccam to work.
i tried opensif image but could not get past first setup page as half picture is missing and god knows whats at the top of the screen..
i then tried persian image but again crashes.
the only image i see mentioned but cannot find to try for the TM is the openpli, and i am hoping some kind sole will point me in it's direction.
So my main point is.
the TM Twin is an enigma 2 box, so why can i not have images like blackhole,or blackpole on it like i do on my vu box

How long have you had the receiver? I am asking to establish whether you have the latest bootloader.
Did you keep pressing the EXIT button after reboot following image flash.

Have you tried the 4D image? This is based on OpenPLI and can be downloaded from

i have had the reciever about 6 months now, and i used the latest bootloader when i installed the latest vix image.
i followed all instructions to the letter with the exit button but still crashes everytime i go on an hd channel, or try 1channel plugin,or almost everything else.
my box came with the 4D image built in but i thought it very boring compared to what is available for other enigma boxes, so that is why i was trying different images.
openaaf was stable for me but i could not get cccam to work on it so still stumped.

Hi not all setups on images are the same.
eg on AAF images the cccam cfg file goes in /usr/keys
SIF image you will need to download osd position setup plugin to solve resolution issues
Persian image wasnt finished and is basically a Beta image
Try the 4D image dated 17.01.13 and see how that compares, i find VIX doesnt handle crossepg or recording as well as 4D.I stopped flashing VIX images for those reasons.

will try 4D again and thanks for the info on aaf as i was in ver/ect looking for config file.

Ive just put the AAF image back on mine if you want to reload it then i will be around if you have any issues.

i put AAF back on my twin, then i went into softcams and downloaded cccam 2.2.1, i then went into control centre and ftp box.
went to user/keys and edit cccam config.
cleared all that was on there and put my c-line in.
saved changes closed control centre and in box menu restarted cccam.
nothing happened.
screen blank on all scrambled channels.
went into cccam info/servers.....no c-line is showing up there so repeated whole process, but still no line showing up in info, and blank screen on scrambled channels.

The first screen on your softcam panel should look like this on fta

screenshot.jpg

Did you update software and reboot

did software update at start.
my info says exact same as yours on fta channel, but says no ECM info on all scrambled channels

ftp into your box and check the cccam cfg file in /usr/keys make sure you copied your line correctly

ok so i have a question that has been bugging me for ages, and i hope to get answers from you brainy people.
so i have a vu duo, and it is a great machine, but i then wanted something for my bedroom so i bought the TM Twin.
at the moment i am thinking what a big mistake it was because i have had nothing but trouble from it.
i have tried the vix image, my box constantly crashes.
i tried openaaf image but could not get cccam to work.
i tried opensif image but could not get past first setup page as half picture is missing and god knows whats at the top of the screen..
i then tried persian image but again crashes.
the only image i see mentioned but cannot find to try for the TM is the openpli, and i am hoping some kind sole will point me in it's direction.
So my main point is.
the TM Twin is an enigma 2 box, so why can i not have images like blackhole,or blackpole on it like i do on my vu box

BlackHole work exclusively for Vu and only produce images for their hardware. your not going to find any official BH / BP image on any thing else unless you modify it your self.

i have had the reciever about 6 months now, and i used the latest bootloader when i installed the latest vix image.
i followed all instructions to the letter with the exit button but still crashes everytime i go on an hd channel, or try 1channel plugin,or almost everything else.
my box came with the 4D image built in but i thought it very boring compared to what is available for other enigma boxes, so that is why i was trying different images.
openaaf was stable for me but i could not get cccam to work on it so still stumped.

1channel is well known for this issue and will crash at the drop of a hat on all images, usually when it cant find a feed for the movie your trying to watch. The author needs to code some error handling into the plugin to prevent this.

SIF image you will need to download osd position setup plugin to solve resolution issues

partially correct.

SIF like ViX use full HD skins which fill the whole screen and DO NOT compensate for overscan. The best solution is to always turn off overscan on your TV as with it activated you are loosing quite a large part of the viewable area of your TV screen on all devices not just the STB.

only re-position the OSD if you cant turn off overscan from the TV.

thanks for all your posts on this subject, and i will reply now to what you say.
first of all i have given SIF a body swerve as it asks too much messing about with options.
i have AAF installed and it works fine for me on fta channels with no freezing or anything else.
i watched 2 movies on 1channel last night and no crashing whatsoever unlike when i used the vix image.
the only problem i have is with scrambled channels,and cccam.
i have installed all cccam from 2.13 to 22.1,but it just will not open anything.
i have installed and uninstalled both cccam and the AAF image many times but with same result.
on fta channels it gives me ECM, but with scrambled channels i get no ECM.
I have FTP'd into my box and usr/keys over and over to make sure my line was there, and it was, but my line does not show up on the AAF's cccam info pannel.
I even thinking that it might be my line put it into my vu box, and it worked fine.
My 4D image works ok with cccam and my line, but it is the same as the vix image in that when i go onto an HD channel the box locks up after about 30 seconds, and 1 channel freezes whilst watching a movie.
The AAF image in my opinion works best for me, but i do not know what to do next about cccam not working.

thanks for all your posts on this subject, and i will reply now to what you say.
first of all i have given SIF a body swerve as it asks too much messing about with options.
i have AAF installed and it works fine for me on fta channels with no freezing or anything else.
i watched 2 movies on 1channel last night and no crashing whatsoever unlike when i used the vix image.
the only problem i have is with scrambled channels,and cccam.
i have installed all cccam from 2.13 to 22.1,but it just will not open anything.
i have installed and uninstalled both cccam and the AAF image many times but with same result.
on fta channels it gives me ECM, but with scrambled channels i get no ECM.
I have FTP'd into my box and usr/keys over and over to make sure my line was there, and it was, but my line does not show up on the AAF's cccam info pannel.
I even thinking that it might be my line put it into my vu box, and it worked fine.
My 4D image works ok with cccam and my line, but it is the same as the vix image in that when i go onto an HD channel the box locks up after about 30 seconds, and 1 channel freezes whilst watching a movie.
The AAF image in my opinion works best for me, but i do not know what to do next about cccam not working.

All i can say is that i have been using both a TM TWIN and a TM 2T for months with the ViX image, CCcam 2.2.1 and not once has it displayed any problem with any HD channel, as for 1 channel i have no need for it.

What is the exact name of your config file? It should be CCcam.cfg not cccam.cfg

Last edited:
All i can say is that i have been using both a TM TWIN and a TM 2T for months with the ViX image, CCcam 2.2.1 and not once has it displayed any problem with any HD channel, as for 1 channel i have no need for it.

i am beginning to think that it is the box that is the problem, and not the images.

Back