Image for 500t

Should you really talk about MMDS and Digital and Cable systems with a rep from the cable provider ?????? Are you trying to F*** it up for us all or what ???? Just a thought !!!!

calm down alan FFS, i simply asked him what i was, MDS or cable. i told him i only asked him because i have heard stories that some people i know with that "ariel" thing on the roof have complained that when the weather gets bad, the signal is poor. i told him i was "concerned" aboout getting a poor signal.

im not stupid

Fair play to you.I do know of some guys "mouthing",if you know what I mean.

brawling and drinking whiskey is all we are good for .... ;-)

chorus update

hello all, ok my auntie got her basic digital sub and her decoder(its a sagem MDS G6 micro STB) along with her mmds ariel on the roof. so i went down this morning with a dm500t in hand to see could i get it sorted. i had the box flashed with gemini 3.30,up-to-date cams, nagra stuff etc etc.

ok so i chose "automatic transponer scan" and selected chorus mmds from the menu, after a few seconds i got a message saying "all transponders have been tried but no lock was possible......" can someone tell me what this means and what is the solution?

i checked the info on the subbed box and it told me the freq was 282000, so i plugged back in the 500t and did a manual scan on 282000 and scanned and it found 1 transponder with 7 services, so i got 7 channels and they were fine.

the channels i got were: boomerang,cartoon channel,ch6,cnn,ppv and sky sports.when i selected "signal find" on these channels it gave me readings of 100% SNR and AGC of 52.

i know mgb posted manual scan settings on this thread for using chorus cable with dm500c but there are lots more options when you select manual scan on a 500t with mmds,

can anybody shed any light on how i can get this sorted

cheers

alan

Hi Alan.You had better luck than me.I was down in sallins at a mates and used the 500t to scan and found nothing.I tried a 500c also and again nothing.I set the freq at 218000, I will try it on 282000.It looks like you are onto something though.Keep us informed please.These were the settings I was told to use.
500t chorus on manual scan:
set frequency to 218000, the
constellation to 64 qam,
the bandwith to 8 mhz
all other options to auto.
Enable ONIT and network search and start the scan.

Regards.

Last edited:
Do a manual scan again with 282000 and enable NIT (network search) and ONIT.

Last edited:
i tried that mate, still no joy but i will try again,

is there anything else you could think i could try

If you get the transponder 282.000 MHz basically the reception is ok.
The information for the other transponders is missing and that information is included in the NetworkInformationTable and OriginalNetworkInformationTable.
If the scan fails you can try enabled BAT.
If you get all transponders attach the services file to a posting.

Hi Alan.You had better luck than me.I was down in sallins at a mates and used the 500t to scan and found nothing.I tried a 500c also and again nothing.I set the freq at 218000, I will try it on 282000.It looks like you are onto something though.Keep us informed please.These were the settings I was told to use.
500t chorus on manual scan:
set frequency to 218000, the
constellation to 64 qam,
the bandwith to 8 mhz
all other options to auto.
Enable ONIT and network search and start the scan.

Regards.

Are you sure your mate get chorus mmds.
If he is getting NTL mmds you need a 500c and default frequency 00258 and symbol rate 06887.

I have set up a 500 c on NT** mmds no problem before.My mate is definitely on ch** mmds.He has no aerial but his subbed box has a connection for mmds in and aerial out etc.I reckon that the mast is in the area and the houses in the estate are fed by a cable.I tried a 500c in his house and still no joy.Is there such a thing as analogue mmds and could this be the problem ?? Thanks for the help.

Chorus analogue mmds is using the same equipment then digital mmds.
Are you sure your mate is connected to that mmds mast.
If yes try the frequency 282000 .

Cannot try now.Will try again and see what happens.

You could try this terrestrial.xml if you want.

Last edited:
If you get the transponder 282.000 MHz basically the reception is ok.
The information for the other transponders is missing and that information is included in the NetworkInformationTable and OriginalNetworkInformationTable.
If the scan fails you can try enabled BAT.
If you get all transponders attach the services file to a posting.

i tried a manuallscan on 282000 mate, still no joy. you mention about information for the other transponders missing, if i were somehow able to aquire a services file from a working chorus mmds image , would solve the problem, i mean would this contain the information needed?

FAO ray123................ mate you seem to be the only one with working chorus mmds, please upload your services file to forum and help us lads who are stuck

cheers

alan

i dot have a service file mate, im just hoping that ray123 or someone else will upload it to help myself and alan out

anybody else have chorus mmds service file?

so mgb your saying this would solve my problem of not being able to lock onto any transponder? will i automatically get all the channels if i upload the service file or would i still have to scan?

cheers

Simply attach your service file. If you got 1 transponder you have a service file.
It looks like there was a option change in the CVS for the scanning procedure.

Back