Image for 500t

alanbk

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have posted for help with my 500t.Can anyone point me in the direction of a working modified image for a 500t??Thanks in advance.

Use a UK modified gemini and upload terrestrial.xml or install a original gemini and install emu and keys by yourself.

Thanks for the reply.Tried gemini maxvar 3.3 and still it will not boot.I have tried all images original and modified.I can only get it to work with the original firmware, but even with that I cannot access the box on the network.I think the box may be faulty.

Last edited:
You have to do a flash erase first via an nullmodem cable and the latest dreamup universal with disabled network for a gemin max vari.

From the readme:

Attention!
This MaxVar Image is only running in flash (it has been only tested that way). Please do only use DreamUp and don´t forget the flash erase. Do not use other tools like FW or DCC.

Use dream up and put on the original image (get it off the manufacturers web site), see if that will boot. If it does stick on gemini 3.3 modded (use flash wizard and put it on twice in a row)

Lemme know how you get on.

Connect null modem cable.Opened DUp universal.Switch on box.Flash erase only.Disconnect box.Turn on Box and flash new image.The image goes on no problem,but the box will not boot.Cannot think of anything else to do .

Maybe corrupted image. Do you use the latest dreamup universal version and do you get the same behavior for a original gemini 3.30?

Maybe corrupted image. Do you use the latest dreamup universal version and do you get the same behavior for a original gemini 3.30?

Yes to both.I can flash the same image to a 500c , so I don't think it is corrupted.

Did you wait till the flash erase complete. The latest dreamup universal is 1.2.2.0 .

Thanks mgb.I done a flash erase first using dreamuo 1.2.2.0 and then done a flash to the box.

This is the problem.After the flash,the box will not boot at all.I have to install the original firmware to get the box alive again !!!! After that,I cannot access the box through the network having changed the IP addy etc. which to me would suggest that the box is faulty !!Thanks again for the help.

Last edited:
If you did a reboot after changing the network settings and the new IP is visible in the network settings after reboot and the network connection is not functionable, it looks like the box is really faulty.

I am getting a replacement one and I will let you know.Thanks again.Having said that,the supplier says that the 500t is very hard to accquire as Dream are not makinfg them anymore.

hi alanbk where are you from what are you tryg to get ,nt... / ch...s

Has your crossover ever worked ? Just a thought. You might not be using one ?

I have posted for help with my 500t.Can anyone point me in the direction of a working modified image for a 500t??Thanks in advance.

im going to ask a silly question but whats a 500t ?

The t stands for terrestrial. Thats DVB-T also called freeview or DTT in the UK.
In Ireland chorus is using DVB-T via mmds.

alan did you get your replacement , and if so how did you get on, keep us posted !!

yeah,got the replacement.Have posted in other thread about problems loading images.I am setting it up for a mate on C**us MMDS.Will keep you posted.The problem with accessing the box through the network is resolved but when I load an image,the box will not boot.Its as though the images are all designed for the 500 c.

Back