Image for 500t

Every gemini image support all 3 tuner types.
Maybe you tried a corrupted image.

hi alan mate, just to let you know that i got my 500T in the post today and i followed MGB's instructions and flashed gemini 3.30 onto it, then uploaded the terrestrial.xml file into var/etc and rebooted box. The box rebooted no problem mate and when i go into automatic transponder scan, i have the option to scan for chorus mmds.ie

obviously i cant try to scan here as im in dublin and am N*L, but will go down to my dads house the weekend and see if i can get it working,

alan

You could try the irish DTT trial from three rock in Dublin via your 500t box in the meantime.

Upload this terrestrial.xml to the box, connect your box to a UHF aerial and select Three Rock in the scan menue.
You can get only the 4 irish channels but its a nice test.

Last edited:
Sorry if this is a stupid question but what does a dm-500t do that a standard freeview box (obviously cheaper) doesn't?

A 500t box can descramble nagra via emu used for chorus mmds.

Just to update. I managed to flash gemini 3.3 to the 500T. When I unrarred the image, it was a file size in excess of 7Mbs. And I tried to use a flash wizard pro to load the image the programme informed me the image was too big for flashing. i got over this by tell netting the box and loading the image that way. Anyone else have this problem with FWP? I will post back the results when I scan Ch**.Thanks everyone for the help.

I have flashed gem 3.3 onto a fair few boxes without getting that error. I also flashed it onto a T one time only sans issue. Where did you get the image ? The one I used was from here.

So are you cooking with gas now ?

You can only use flash wizard pro to flash orig images. Like you said you have to telnet otherwise.

Got the image from here.Used FWP to backup the image and it is around 6MB,so will use that to restore.

@Mark - any image uploaded here with a fw2 extn can be put back on using fwpro.

be sure to post up yopur results alan please.

lads instead of starting another thread, i just want to know something else about chorus, i know we use a dm500t for chorus mmds and upload the terrestrail.xml file and scan.

just lets say i wanted to get free tv from a cable chorus area(not mmds) i know i use a dm500c but would a bruteforce scan work for scanning channels or would i have to upload the terrestrail.xml file too? i mean how would i get the option to scan for chorus cable on the automatic transponder scan options in a cable area

hope this makes sense

cheers

Terrestrial.xml is like the name says for terrestrial.
For chorus cable at a 500c simply do a manual network scan via 00322 mhz and symbol rate 06875 .

thanks MGB your a Legend. when im in manual scan do i tick:

1... inv?
2... use bat?
3... use onit?
4... lock?
5...sync?
6... network search?

also can you tell me mate if i would leave FEC on auto?

the only reason i ask about chorus cable is because my auntie lives in a different part of kildare and has chorus analogue cable(about 20 channels) and doesnt need a decoder for these. will a 500c work for her mate on analogue or will she need the miminum digital sub.

thanks for all your input, much appreciated

alan

It depends if there is digital offered. There are some analogue only cable networks left over around the country.
It there is digital offered its no additonal subscribtion necessary.

500c Chorus cable

Frequency: 00322
Modulation: 64-QAM
Symbol Rate: 06875
Inversion unticked
FEC: 3/4

x network search

i just went to the chorus website mgb and entered my aunties address and then clicked "check" and it came back and said that digitaltv is available in for her address :)

quick update

hello all, ok this morning i went to to my aunties with a dm500t and a dm500c to try get her hooked up,

currently she has chorus analogue cable(no antenna on roof or decoder) so i plugged in the dm500c and entered the manual scan settings that mgb provided and got nothing at all.no services found or something like that.

next, i plugged in the dm500t(i knew this wouldnt work as she had no antenna, but her next door neighbour has so i tried anyway) with the terrestrail.xml file uploaded on gemini 3.30 and again got nothing.

so i rang chorus for her, it turns out that she is paying 26 euros a month for analogue cable, she was told that she could upgrade to basic digital cable for an extra 3 euros per month so basic digital is ordered. i knew she had analogue but thought the digital would still come through because i myself only have a sub to analogue and the dreambox picks up the digital so i thought she might be the same.

anyway i asked the sales rep on the phone would the digital my auntie ordered be cable or mmds and she said it depends on the technician and whats available, it seems some people on the same road are cable and some are mmds. hmmm

so when the basic digital is installed ill head back down and try the 500T if they put the antenna on her roof, and if not ill try the dm500c and enter the settings mgb provided

will post results

cheers

alan

It looks like your auntie is connected to a old analogue only cable network and she will get now a mmds aerial for .the digital subscribtion

thats what i was thinking.she is happy enough to pay an extra 3 euros per month for the minimum digital sub. i told her i would pay the 50 euros installation charge for her because she cant work herself due to long term illness

thanks for all your help mgb

Back