Idiots guide!!!!

I sold my duo a while back, and replaced it with a TM-TWIN (i know of a few people who have also done this). Images available for the TM receivers are available from ViX, 4D, aaf, HDFreaks, SiF, PLi, theres PLi3.0 images and work has been started using the same sources as the Blackhole images are also based on (PLi and BH based images are not officially supported) as well as a few modified backup images knocking about

And in your honest opinion is it worth getting or is the vu+ better?

And in your honest opinion is it worth getting or is the vu+ better?

hardware wise the twin is supposed to be excellent although i dont own one and havent tested one so i guess its down to image choice and no official support from openpli/blackhole.. if you can live with VIX/4D or whatever then why not. only you will ever know if you are happy with a certain box and what features/support it has,regards mdt

hardware wise, its the same chipset as the Vu+ Duo, it has more flash memory for internal storage of plugins, picons etc, and the extra hardware like IF loopthru (lnb loop) and RF modulator

software wise, both are officially supported by ViX team

the things holding up official support from places like PLi is down to TM or their hardware coders, but the unofficial PLi image (and pli based ones) are perfectly stable, ive been using pli3 image since xmas

If its the extra hardware you need, then the twin would be the choice to make,

hiya, i am watching this thread with great interest. i have bought this box, not sure i`ve done the right thing after reading this lol , but am now looking to set it up. i have read loads of posts whilst decideing to go down the enigma 2 route and thought i had a general feel of what was reqirued to get up and running. however with work and family committments, dad past away and mam needing support, it has took a while to take the plunge and actually buy it.

the problem i am having is that it seems to be hard to find any information, idiots guide, noobs guide ete, directly relating to the tm twin.
i have found suitable stuff for the dreambox, vu duo ete but nothing i feel confident enough to try. also a lot of what i have read turns out to be outdated. of course i would be unsure if it was me, or the method if i had problems.
i rooted my phone a while ago and spent an absolutely ridicolous amount of time on that, always with the worry cocking it up ete, and feel i am going to go down the same route with this box.

i suppose what i am asking can anybody either point me at a thread or guide that they know would work with a tm-twin and ill have a bash from there. i am on my own on this and fear after taking the plunge and buying the box, with the limited time i have it could end up as a doorstop, along with the earache from my other half.

my thanks in advance to anyone who can help in any way.

download an image for the receiver m8, from the download section (once you have 5 posts) or google technomate software , and pick a new image (most of them have dates in them)

unpack the image onto a memory stick, ensure there are no other sticks plugged into the box, and power up, and it should say 'new firmware found' and prompt you to press OK on the receiver to update, press the OK button

once the update has completed, remove the usb, turn the power off and back on, wait for it to boot, and follow the onscreen setup wizard

cheers mate, thanks for the reply, the box has come pre-flashed with the latest bootloader and lastest vix image, is that what you mean.[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

cheers mate, thanks for the reply, the box has come pre-flashed with the latest bootloader and lastest vix image, is that what you mean.[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Start a new post in the TM section mate help setting up a TM Twin etc, I take it you just want to scan the channels in and set your bouquets and stuff and plug ins.

If you start a new post it will also help you get past the 5 post download restriction !!!

ok, thanks. i an presently getting it all set up, wires under carpet ete, and have some time today to tackle it. need to install the ccam is my first step, once i find the correct one of course. would dearly love to manage every thing today.

You really won't find a manual that is of real use to you. The manual has to be specific to the image as they have their extras/paticularities/differences.

To install CCcam on a Vix image, download the cam from
OpenVix Cams - Downloads - DigitalWorldz - Satellite, Cable, Console Forums

If you put the ipk on a fat 32 USB drive and insert it when in viewing TV mode, you will be prompted to install the ipk. (Same applies on Pli 3.0). You will however have to transfer your CCcam.cfg with to /etc. There is a guide by Rat on how to use FTP client. Go to Softacam Manger and start the emulator and enable startup.

You can transfer a premade channel list or use the OE Auto Bouquet Maker in Service searching menu. Rta has also mage a guide on how to use Dreamboxedit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much for this, this is exactly what need. With that information I can now work on it untill successful. I have hit the first hurdle as in my leads are not long enought. I take it I will need to be able to connect both the modem and ethernet and ethernet ports up to complete everything. Just off to buy some longer cables (funney layout of house and wireless usless with walls etc.

Once again thank you for you help and now I'm dying to get into it, Cheers

ho ho ho , going great guns i think.so far so good. have a load of free channels working and the box has created its own bouquet/ epg. . now looking into how to install ccam on a vix image.

its going well really, lad at work had said tm boxes were a nightmare to set up, which had me a little worried to be honest. mind you i havent finished yet !.

got it now.
OpenVix Cams - Downloads - DigitalWorldz - Satellite, Cable, Console Forums

little puzzled with this now. is this transfered unpacked / opened to the root of stick, then plug it in the back, usb,
then this,

If you put the ipk on a fat 32 USB drive and insert it when in viewing TV mode, you will be prompted to install the ipk. (Same applies on Pli 3.0). You will however have to transfer your CCcam.cfg with to /etc. There is a guide by Rat on how to use FTP client. Go to Softacam Manger and start the emulator and enable startup.

little puzzled now. any help would be great.
thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have completed everything you outlined earlier, but when i go to software manager there is still no ccam present. the files have being transfered and are showing up were they should in filezilla. i am at a loss as to what could be wrong. anyone any ideas ?.

It is in softcam manger.

Menu > Softcam/Ci > Softcam Manager

Clear your PM inbox and sent folder

Last edited:
Did you get the attached screen when you put the USB with the ipk on it? If so, did you install it without any errors?

If not, install it the traditional way:- ftp the ipk to /tmp directory and then Blue button > Vix > Install local extension

Attachments

• install extensions.jpg
    install extensions.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 13
Back