Idiots guide!!!!

Kendo75

Inactive User
Reaction score
Is there a guide available for setting up the tm twin oe? I'll be purchasing one very shortly and really could do with all the help I can get.

Thanks in advance

Are you buying this box brand new for £250 ?

If so I think your off your rocker :)

Ive read a few review's mostly of people that have traded there old TM in for a £50 or £100 discount, If I am right the tm twin costs around £260 quid, when you can get a xtrend for around £300.

I am not slating the tm twin some people have said there as good as vu-du etc but I understand there's no black hole no pli , IQ might have turned a corner I understand they have had some helpers.

I still would weigh up my options to be honest !!!

Cheers mate I was sold on the tm twin and now you've got me thinking lol although I can get a vu+duo for 249 but the loop for one of the tuners on the tm is what really sold it to me

Cheers mate I was sold on the tm twin and now you've got me thinking lol although I can get a vu+duo for 249 but the loop for one of the tuners on the tm is what really sold it to me

Looks like the Xtrend ET9000 are a bit hard to get hold of at the minute cheapest uk seller I can find is £320, seven month ago they could be had for £299. The ET9200 silver line is the same price.

People on other forums are saying the TM-twin is just a cheap extrend not sure about that but the xtrend does use vix images and are a quality box made in germany as far as I am aware.

I might be wrong on this but have a google.

It is a good box barring the timed recording not being 100% reliable.

OpenPLI 3.0 works on it and has been solid for a while. It is not officially supported though. TM have been given ultimatum to provide required files.

There are offers for £249 including HDD and postage. Can't post as against rules.

If you are undecided, the Solo 2 is £310.

m8 why not look at the tm 2t for 209-219 its a cracking buy
if your set on a xtrend/clarke tech 9200 pm me

Last edited:
@cat I ideally need the loop out on tuner 1 that the tm twin has I don't think the tm 2t has that loop

It has but as I'm on a communal dish and I'm unable to add a third feed I need that loop to go into another room so I can watch the footy whilst the mrs watches something else. But I also want the option to be able to watch something whilst recording another

2T does not have a loop out.

You are aware that you will be restricted on the "looped" output if tuner A is being used. Not all the channels will be available. Not sure if you are restricted to TP or quadrant. Not an issue if main receiver is using Tuner B.

Tuner 1 and 2 work independently I believe so I shouldn't have any issues providing I'm not trying to record at the same time hopefully someone will correct me If I'm wrong

It has but as I'm on a communal dish and I'm unable to add a third feed I need that loop to go into another room so I can watch the footy whilst the mrs watches something else. But I also want the option to be able to watch something whilst recording another

Are you in high rise flat's are something ? Is there no chance of you adding your own dish on a balcony or something just a thought.

No mate no chance of adding another dish that's why the loop is important

if you set the priority tuner as tuner B, then youll be able to use the loop out of tuner A with no problems (as noted, apart from when recording). another thing youll be able to do, is stream a different channel to your laptop / tablet while a channel is being watched on the main TV

How would I be able to stream it? What software would I need?

on a windows machine, i do it via firefox browser, and vlc media player

Back