I can help with dm500c if people want it

glyndwrw

Hi Dreamtrev - I am new to these Dreamboxes too - I am running DW2.0 on my 500C and have followed the instructions exactly as per post #9 of this thread (BTW Thanks Jarrod123 - your a star!! :Cheers:).
However I didnt edit the top Line of the keylist .txt file I inserted a new line and copied the previous line including the spaces, but obviously entering the new exC&W keys as per Bigmaq ( in your case NTL) right up to the semi colon ; and then added in my own comment in after that e.g 'manual update apr 9 2008'. Dont forget there was a double roll today so you need to add TWO lines in one for Key1 ( 1st roll) and then a separate line for Key 0 ( 2nd roll). i.e.
N **** 00 (key 0) ; manual update apr 9 2008
N **** 01 (key1) ; manual update apr 9 2008

Good Luck...!

You don,t have to enter any new lines just edit existing line 1 or 2 whichever has the wrong digit. There is usually only 1 digit wrong.

Last edited:
I dunno if you're still helping mate but I need help with VLC over LAN
it just won't play, even using an older version

if I specify the URL manually in VLC, it'll ask for and accept root/dreambox as the admin (and the IP is set to my pc) but it just won't play anything.

I think I need a plugin - but again I have like 86kb of space left in var with nothing to delete? o_O

One other question - I tried recording files from my Dreambox to a samba share on my PC - the files ended up in the directory (say named as Star Trek TNG - 502) but they;d only be 512kb in size and would not play.
how to get the dreambox to record to a PC'S HDD ?
I can mount it fine :)

Need help with scan

i wont type up a whole guide but if anyone requests the help i will give step by steps..im a noob myself and i know it can be very confusing all the jargon in main forums..so post on here if you want help and if there is demand i will do a quick step by step

I just put new image DW2.0
trying to scan buy no valid transponder. frqz is not locked
What shell i do
Please Help.

I just put new image DW2.0
trying to scan buy no valid transponder. frqz is not locked
What shell i do
Please Help.

did u tried the auto scan? if u are in uk, ireland, ur freq shld be listed inside.

Cheers

tuxbox

when you download dw2 does it come with tuxbox commander as my box had gemini on but when you press yellow button and all you get is the teletext etc but no tuxbox commander so cant put new keys in.

You can connect an Ethernet cable to your router and it'll get assigned an address by DHCP
you can then go to auto update and get Tuxbox commander, or just FTP the keylist.txt

that said my DW 2.0 image came with tuxbox commander

whats best

is it best to factory reset prior to reflash or is just flashing over an image the best way foward.

Glad to help..one you have the keys for your area go on any premium channels that are blocked

press the YELLOW button only and and select tuxbox commander
scroll down to the var folder and open it
then open the keys folder
hover over the file keylist.txt but dont select it..instead press number 4 on the remote to edit it...

should have a few lines with keys on i.e N **** 00 etc and N **** 01 etc the four stars are your area code and should already be there..you need to edit the key codes to match the corresponding ones in bigmaq..when done press ok ..press exit..save changes ..exit again ...save changes...go to menu...choose shutdown and reboot...

The info above was a great help and I now have 2 key codes, which are the same as the new key fix. Only thing is I go from Tuxbox commander, press ok and it goes straight to keylist where i press 4 and i get the keys. I do not go to Var or Keys for some reason. I then reboot my box but i still cannot get any channels up. I do not have a scanner available to scan for channels like before(ie service searching,automatic transponder scan, cableuk 6887 etc)When I press the okay button I get all channels in order as bouquets from 1 to 187 all in order unlike previous to update, but none of them has any data .

anyone help

Last edited:
Factory Reset due to no channels

Glad to help..one you have the keys for your area go on any premium channels that are blocked

press the YELLOW button only and and select tuxbox commander
scroll down to the var folder and open it
then open the keys folder
hover over the file keylist.txt but dont select it..instead press number 4 on the remote to edit it . should have a few lines with keys on i.e N **** 00 etc and N **** 01 etc the four stars are your area code and should already be there..you need to edit the key codes to match the corresponding ones in bigmaq..when done press ok ..press exit..save changes ..exit again ...save changes...go to menu...choose shutdown and reboot......

After a nightmare day decided to factory set my box due to no channels at all working. After reset all free channels working ok and premium not, followed link and found no keys in keylist. therefore I uploaded the fix (DW_V2.1) thro dream up and then rebooted. no channels worked (all Blank) and had 2 keys in keylist. change these keys to new ones and still no joy with any channels , what am I doing wrong?
Anyone Help

do a flash erase when uploading from dreamup (select "ja" when asked). This will reset everything and give you a fresh install.

If your uploading 2.0 without the modded rom files then you will also have to upload the 7,10 and 11 rom files. These should go into the same folder as your keylist.txt file

use dreambox control centre to upload the files. its really simple to use and does everything you need.

after all that. reboot the box and put it onto sports 1 and wait for the codes to catch up.

simple. :)

Flashed all kinda boxes and its all going well any 1 need help contact me

are yous people listening ???why dont yous just put on the dw 2.0 for your dreambox?then you wouldnt need to do manual set up or linky pro for dbox ?

changed the keys like you say and working fine best web site in the world got all my downloads and help from this site hope it keeps running forever thanks to you all:Cheers:

Back